Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2005   #41
KYColtsFan
Rookie

why do i feel like a lone Texan fan here?

they seemed to play as a team pretty well the first time we met down yonder. the talent is there, they just need a head coach that can bring it together, and fans to stand behind them reguardless of the W/L record. there are some of ya, but i watch highlights on SportCenter and the stadium is half full. that's not good team support. they're not gonna try if they have no reason to... they get paid reguardless.
KYColtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #42
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Thumbs up Few Hours Before Kickoff...I Still Guarentee A Victory vs. Indy

The Indianapolis Colts are a very tough football team this year obviously. There 8-0 record supports that.

We're going through a rather sluggish time period currently, behind a 1-7 record.

However, i strongly belive this team is better than their record shows. I've said it before, and i still do- we fight hard (both mentally and physically), we are a smart team, have talent, and good leadership witihin the coaches.

We're going to go in the RCA Dome and defeat the Colts Today. We will win

Go Texans
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
We're going through a rather sluggish time period currently, behind a 1-7 record.
The understatement of the year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #44
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The understatement of the year.
Yeah, he must be a Brit by ancestory. Bit like in Monty Python "It's only a flesh wound".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #45
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
I'm obviously a big fan of the Houston Texans, and have been since year one. I know this football team. Those of you that have read my posts know that I am, for the most part, an optimisitc fan.

Now, this year could defintely be better. But, we are a better team than our record shows. We fight hard with emotion, we are a smart football team, have talent and coaching, just need to make bigger plays at bigger times.

I also know when this team is ready to play, and pumped up. They are ready to take of the Colts this upcoming Sunday in the RCA Dome. We are mad that nobody is giving us a chance to even come close. We're a 17.5 point underdog. Lets face it: this game, the pressure is on them, not us...we really have nothing to loose this game.

I guareente we beat the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday, giving us our second win, and them they're first loss of the 2005 season. We will win this game, mark it down. I promise.

Wish I would have read this earlier so I could have made a bet with you.
Old 11-13-2005   #46
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYColtsFan
why do i feel like a lone Texan fan here?

they seemed to play as a team pretty well the first time we met down yonder. the talent is there, they just need a head coach that can bring it together, and fans to stand behind them reguardless of the W/L record. there are some of ya, but i watch highlights on SportCenter and the stadium is half full. that's not good team support. they're not gonna try if they have no reason to... they get paid reguardless.
Alright, that's two tags. I let the first one slide, but not the second. Tell me this, KY - how packed was the Colts stadium in the '84 through '94 seasons where you had some up and down times (mostly down) for those first 3 out of 10 winning seasons in Indy? I'l let ya know - about an avg of 54,000. Flip side, the Texans have been averaging about 69,000 while supporting an expansion / now 1-8 team.

Understandable you have a smaller market - but regardless of the market, you're telling me fans (in general) will support a team with issues? True - the die hards will and that's a given anywhere and in any sport, but it's not till you start seeing the wins and a better product that the other "bw fans" come out of the woodwork.

I guess my point is... it's not just a Houston thing with the fan base "supporting regardless of W/L record", and if you didn't mean it like that, apologies.

Colts at wikipedia
Colts attendance
Texans attendance
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #47
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Tell me this, KY - how packed was the Colts stadium in the '84 through '94 seasons where you had some up and down times (mostly down) for those first 3 out of 10 winning seasons in Indy? I'l let ya know - about an avg of 54,000. Flip side, the Texans have been averaging about 69,000 while supporting an expansion / now 1-8 team.

Colts at wikipedia
Colts attendance
Texans attendance
Not trying to get into this argument, but the RCA dome only seats 57,000-58,000...not the 70K that Reliant has.

http://www.gotickets.com/seating_cha...ting_chart.php
bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #48
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Understandable, so a 93% capcity filled vs. a 99% capacity filled is a more applicable statemtent?

Bah, just testy after another loss and to see a post of "why aren't y'all supporting your team through the tough times" just rubbed me the wrong way.

Good game Colts, this just may be your year now that the Pats are "out of the way" .... to this point anyway.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read