Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-09-2012   #41
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Alright should I accept this trade?

I would get AJ Green, MJD, and Cam Newton for Matt Ryan, Greg Jennings, and Doug Martin.

Should I do this?

Currently, my RBs are CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, and Michael Bush. My WRs are Megatron, Eric Decker, Amendola (injured), Jeremy Maclin, and Jennings.

So, would you accept this deal?

If not, do you have any suggestions of a deal I could offer. He is 0-5 and wants to shake up his team. I want to take advantage of this and buy low, especially on MJD. I predict he will do what he always does and really turn it on towards the end of the season.
AJ green > jennings
MJD > Martin
Cam< Matt Ryan.

I would take this deal... Cam still has a high potential to score, he will score when he plays weak defenses but try to get a good back-up
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #42
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Get Andre Johnson
Give up Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, or Stevie Johnson

Rank that trade 1, 2, 3 with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst. If you wouldn't do it, thats fine too
Old 10-09-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Get Andre Johnson

Rank that trade 1, 2, 3 with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst. If you wouldn't do it, thats fine too
1. Stevie Johnson
2. VJax
3. Reggie Wayne (bad trade IMO)
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #44
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get Andre Johnson

I'll make ist Easy for you: don't trade for AJ... He is way too inconsistent fantasy/wise.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #45
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
1. Stevie Johnson
2. VJax
3. Reggie Wayne (bad trade IMO)
Have to agree... Wayne has been better in fantasy then AJ so far. So no trade
Old 10-11-2012   #46
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush for Demeryius Thomas.

I get Thomas. My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Adrian Paterson and Mikel Leshure
My other WRs are Reggie Wayne, Stevie Johnson, and Vincent Jackson

Its a keeper league. You can keep up to 2 keepers at the price you paid for them at auction.
He paid $17 for Demerius Thomas
I pad $11 for Bush

At this point, I think keeping Bush is probably the smarter move because $11 is really cheap. The only reason i wouldn't keep Bush is because I also have Eli Manning ($11) and Trent Richardson ($30) that are good values...

what to do...

He's also got Julio Jones but he paid $1 for him (he was a keeper last season) so I doubt he's going to want to trade him
Old 10-11-2012   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PPR that's a pretty even deal & helps your team, not so much in non-PPR.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #48
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I get Thomas. My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Adrian Paterson and Mikel Leshure

Its a keeper league. You can keep up to 2 keepers at the price you paid for them at auction.
I pad $11 for Bush

At this point, I think keeping Bush is probably the smarter move because $11 is really cheap. The only reason i wouldn't keep Bush is because I also have Eli Manning ($11) and Trent Richardson ($30) that are good values...

what to do...

He's also got Julio Jones but he paid $1 for him (he was a keeper last season) so I doubt he's going to want to trade him
I love Demariyus. He hasn't had a bum week yet for me.

I think he can only get better while he develops chemistry with Manning. I also think Daniel Thomas is on the rise and is going to start getting some of Reggie's carries.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #49
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
PPR that's a pretty even deal & helps your team, not so much in non-PPR.
No ppr, 0.1 points per yard in both receiving and rushing, 6 points for tds. Bonus for over 200
Old 10-12-2012   #50
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I just traded Adrian peterson for Larry Fitzgerald. Neither are setting the world on fire. And peterson probably has a bit more value since starting rb's are in high demand. But I was desperate for a reciever since my only true consistent wr is Reggie wayne. My other three are Steve Smith, Andrew hawkins and Devone bess. I still have Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch as my staters at Rb's. And we starts 3 wideouts.

Being in a 14 team league is definately a challenge. Relying on the likes of Hawkins and Bess is not easy.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #51
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I pad $11 for Bush

what to do...

I don`t know the concept of a keeper league so my advice is strictly for the player values: Thomas has been a beast for me this year and is starting to grow into the Reggie Wayne for Peyton. Good yardage every week and I only see it getting better. Bush on the other hand is a bit of a suprise this year and I still don`t believe he can keep it up for the whole season.

Thomas should start every week for you - Bush? Not so much if you ask me. So IŽd go with Thomas.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Including RBs & WRs using our unique non-PPR scoring system, Bush ranks 13th in scoring while Thomas is ranked 27th. Fwiw, ymmv.
Old 10-12-2012   #53
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

PPR league, offering Jordy Nelson or Antonio Brown for Ryan Matthews.

My two RBs are only Peterson and Doug Martin, the rest are trash. I have Reggie Wayne, Nelson, Brown, James Jones and Jeremy Kerley to sub in. I am 4-1 in this league, but I'm not going to make it without another RB. The guy I'm trading with is 0-5 coming off a loss to me this past week, and he has a stable of RBs in McCoy, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Matthews and Leshore. His WRs are Floyd, Bryant, Torrey Smith, and Kenny Britt, so he's hurting there.

I think this trade may be a bit too much in my favor, but we'll see. He's desperate and needs a win this week and the next 8 to make the playoffs.
Old 10-12-2012   #54
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Quote:

My two RBs are only Peterson and Doug Martin, the rest are trash. I have Reggie Wayne, Nelson, Brown, James Jones and Jeremy Kerley to sub in. I am 4-1 in this league, but I'm not going to make it without another RB. The guy I'm trading with is 0-5 coming off a loss to me this past week, and he has a stable of RBs in McCoy, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Matthews and Leshore. His WRs are Floyd, Bryant, Torrey Smith, and Kenny Britt, so he's hurting there.

I think this trade may be a bit too much in my favor, but we'll see. He's desperate and needs a win this week and the next 8 to make the playoffs.
Good luck that would be a great trade... Im glad Matthews is finally paying out for me.
Old 10-12-2012   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
A win for you, barring injury.
Old 10-18-2012   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Well, I yanked this trade offer once Nelson got his third TD.

So now I have a few different ideas, I'd like to get one of his RBs: Lesean McCoy, Ryan Matthews, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley or Mike Leshore. I think he would go straight up Nelson for Matthews or Gore, but I'm going to try to swing for McCoy.

In another league, some dude proposed Williams Powell and Jeremy Maclin for my Willis MacGahee and Malcom Floyd. I said no and countered with Reggie Wayne and FJax for Lesean McCoy and Maclin. We'll see what he thinks, but I doubt he would trade for that. His WRs suck though, and he has 4 good RBs.

Edit: He came back with an offer for Mccoy, Vick Ballard (RB Indy) and Maclin for Wayne, Fred Jackson, and Mcgahee. I have Adrian Peterson and a host of good WRs on my roster. I don't think I can swing that though, I need 3 RBs in case one gets hurt. I'm really thin at RB, which is why I'm trying to trade for one.

Wheelin and dealin...

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 10-18-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2012   #57
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Quote:
Well, I yanked this trade offer once Nelson got his third TD.

So now I have a few different ideas, I'd like to get one of his RBs: Lesean McCoy, Ryan Matthews, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley or Mike Leshore. I think he would go straight up Nelson for Matthews or Gore, but I'm going to try to swing for McCoy.

In another league, some dude proposed Williams Powell and Jeremy Maclin for my Willis MacGahee and Malcom Floyd. I said no and countered with Reggie Wayne and FJax for Lesean McCoy and Maclin. We'll see what he thinks, but I doubt he would trade for that. His WRs suck though, and he has 4 good RBs.

Edit: He came back with an offer for Mccoy, Vick Ballard (RB Indy) and Maclin for Wayne, Fred Jackson, and Mcgahee. I have Adrian Peterson and a host of good WRs on my roster. I don't think I can swing that though, I need 3 RBs in case one gets hurt. I'm really thin at RB, which is why I'm trying to trade for one.

Wheelin and dealin...
Mccoy hasn't put up any very big numbers in my league but he does consistently put up decent numbers 10-14 points.

I would kill for consistency right now...

Week 5 i got the Biggest blow-out award and the highest score of any team.... then last week i get the lowest score by 20....
Old 10-19-2012   #58
SCOTTexans
Veteran

just got a trade offer for his Chris Johnson and kyle Rudolph for my Malcom Floyd and Jimmy Graham....

That guy must be crazy i wouldn't trade one of those for both of his...
Old 10-19-2012   #59
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Mccoy hasn't put up any very big numbers in my league but he does consistently put up decent numbers 10-14 points.

I would kill for consistency right now...

Week 5 i got the Biggest blow-out award and the highest score of any team.... then last week i get the lowest score by 20....
Well, he sent me a counter of Jordy Nelson for Ryan Matthews. I think this is the best I'm gonna get in this league. My roster is currently:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Antonio Brown, James Jones, J Kerley
RB: Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Toby Gerhart
TE: Pettigrew, S Chandler

It's PPR, so Matthews should be worth some points, he's been mostly in the 10-13 range since he came back. I like the potential of Nelson, but he's just so up and down, I'd rather start Brown or James and go with 3 RBs. What do you guys think?
Old 10-19-2012   #60
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Quote:
Well, he sent me a counter of Jordy Nelson for Ryan Matthews. I think this is the best I'm gonna get in this league. My roster is currently:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Antonio Brown, James Jones, J Kerley
RB: Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Toby Gerhart
TE: Pettigrew, S Chandler

It's PPR, so Matthews should be worth some points, he's been mostly in the 10-13 range since he came back. I like the potential of Nelson, but he's just so up and down, I'd rather start Brown or James and go with 3 RBs. What do you guys think?
You are pretty weak at reciever but I would take it... on a PPR Matthews will be dominating. I drafted him but i think it took him to long to get healthy to salvage my pay league...

What do you think of this.... Trade Jimmy graham and Malcom Floyd for Mcgahee and Marshall... I can pick up Heath Miller on wavers?

QB Brady,
WR Wanye, Floyd, Bowe, Maclin, Hawkins, Santana Moss
RB Matthews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson, Bolden
TE Graham

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read