Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2012   #21
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Ravens. Lets Predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Damn. Everyone at ESPN picks the Texans. LOL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
They know what we know ... No way we're getting beaten 2 games at home in a row. just my (I say that with a tiny amount of trepidation lol)
Old 10-18-2012   #22
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens- 27
Texans- 17

Special teams are a nightmare again and will give up a Jacoby TD and Barwin does absolutely nothing all day. I'll also predict we go play-action on the first offensive play of the game.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This is going to be a hard damned game. Before the season started, I expected to lose the Packer game and I expected to lose this game.

There's a lot of stuff that we need to fix. Except for Watt, our front 7 is not showing up. With Cush out, our defense is taking a step back. Our offensive line has not gelled on the right side like we need it to and frankly, none of our guards are playing all that great.

But I watched the Ravens play the Cowboys and they're not looking all that dominant, either.

We have to get Arian going. We have to get Tate going. We have to show some stones by putting that Packer debacle behind us.

Like I said, a tough damned game. I think it's going to be 3 points one way or the other.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp, Ravens DC Pees just called out his D by saying "it makes me sick". Just a hunch, but I think they'll be ready to play this week.
Old 10-18-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Welp, Ravens DC Pees just called out his D by saying "it makes me sick". Just a hunch, but I think they'll be ready to play this week.
Damn!!!

I wish we had a DC that would insult our players through the media & treat our players like kids. Why are the Ravens so lucky?
Old 10-18-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Damn!!!

I wish we had a DC that would insult our players through the media & treat our players like kids. Why are the Ravens so lucky?
You'd have to get Wade pretty pissed off to do that. I'll bet it would work wonders though if it came to that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #27
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens - 27
Texans - 28

I predict a nail biter that comes down to the last possession.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #28
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Preseason I had this as a loss.

All the injuries on there defence gives me more hope. Sure we are missing Cushing and Joseph is about 13% of the player we expect him to be but I think we have the injury edge......

Texans to win it 23-19, Devier Posey getting a monster TD to win it.
Old 10-18-2012   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

31 to 21 Texans baby!
Old 10-19-2012   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Boooooooooo!!!!

Yes, they appear to be a "mess in many areas" and they sure did lay one against Green Bay and I'll not judge anyone for being uncertain about how they feel of the Texan's chances this coming weekend. But I seriously doubt there is a single player/coach on the Texans willing to rationalize losing and electing to mail it in. I'm certain they've washed the stink of last Sunday off and are totally committed to beating the Ravens, despite their challenges.
LOL. I'm being boo'd!

I hope you're right, I just know it'll be very easy for them to think 5-2 is not too shabby heading into bye week...they won't actively tank the game, just a potential for a slight lack of focus and desire. Against a bad team, no problem. Against the Ravens? Big problem.

If we can't find the run game, it's going to be a baaaaaad day.
Old 10-19-2012   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. I'm being boo'd!

I hope you're right, I just know it'll be very easy for them to think 5-2 is not too shabby heading into bye week...they won't actively tank the game, just a potential for a slight lack of focus and desire. Against a bad team, no problem. Against the Ravens? Big problem.

If we can't find the run game, it's going to be a baaaaaad day.
Bolded: GP, I don't think there's any way in hell this veteran leadership lets this team get into the mind set that "5-2 is not too shabby heading into bye week". I just don't think there's anyway that they will allow themselves to come out uninspired.

As far as the run game goes, if Dallas can run for 250+ with they offer at RB I don't see any reason Arian and Forsett can't gash them for that and more. I really don't see Tate being able to do much with the way his toe is. With the run game faring well, we all know what that leads to.

I really do hope this is the game where we shake the "We haven't beaten the Ravens" voodoo.

You do know about the "voodoo" don't ya?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #32
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict a POUNDING of those ugly birds. Better believe we're fired up after last week.

37-20
Old 10-19-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Bolded: GP, I don't think there's any way in hell this veteran leadership lets this team get into the mind set that "5-2 is not too shabby heading into bye week". I just don't think there's anyway that they will allow themselves to come out uninspired.
I can't see any professional football thinking 5-2 is good enough compared to 6-1, or thinking a two game losing streak is good going into the bye.

However, some teams just can't do anything about it. Like you said, our leaders may be young, but they've been in the trenches & they've fought their fires. They played this team before & they know it's going to take 60 minutes of everything they've got to win this game.

Quote:
As far as the run game goes, if Dallas can run for 250+ with they offer at RB I don't see any reason Arian and Forsett can't gash them for that and more. I really don't see Tate being able to do much with the way his toe is. With the run game faring well, we all know what that leads to.
Another good point. other than the Packers game, the only thing that's been wrong with our running game is Tate's big toe.
Quote:
I really do hope this is the game where we shake the "We haven't beaten the Ravens" voodoo.

You do know about the "voodoo" don't ya?
Agreed. Time to throw that monkey's ass.... er monkey off our back.
Old 10-19-2012   #34
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be Texans 31, Ravens 24. And I hate writing that. We're terrible on the road and the defense is falling apart.
Old 10-19-2012   #35
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosailor View Post
It's going to be Texans 31, Ravens 24. And I hate writing that. We're terrible on the road and the defense is falling apart.
Actually, both defense's are falling apart. Which makes a shootout probable, and I don't see us winning a shootout.

If you guys have any success at all stopping the running game, you'll leave with a win. And I'm sure that Flacco took some good notes looking at JJo on game film.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #36
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
#NFL teams before Bye Weeks: 3-13 ATS this season (speculation in Vegas is new practice rules having effect)

srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #37
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If you guys have any success at all stopping the running game, you'll leave with a win. And I'm sure that Flacco took some good notes looking at JJo on game film.
Ok I just spit beer through my nose. Thanks for the laugh. we haven't stopped the run all year.
Old 10-19-2012   #38
Javi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
#NFL teams before Bye Weeks: 3-13 ATS this season (speculation in Vegas is new practice rules having effect)

um, both teams are before bye weeks
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #39
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the reliant turf being the victor..i predict it will cuase both ray and arian to trip over tere own shadow and..both sides will immense season ending injurys..kubiak will be sipping a pina colida on the side. but then again as a texans fans better to think the worst coming into a game so there is no suprises
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #40
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 33, Ravens 20

We need a good showing in this one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read