Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-18-2012   #1
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Affordable Reliant Parking

Hi guys-

Ravens fan from Austin here. I spent a lot of time on this board last year leading up to our playoff game. Y'all were great and I thoroughly enjoyed mixing it up with you. Hopefully some of you who made the trip to Baltimore took some of the recommendations I gave last January.

Anyways. We're back.

I've got a ticket to the game and driving down very early Sunday morning. I'm on a severe budget at the moment, so I'd like to avoid $40+ parking at the stadium if possible. I'd appreciate if no one sends me into the jaws of death type neighborhoods. Anything reasonably close to the stadium that is also reasonably priced? $10-$20? OR are there other options that can keep my costs low?

In 2010, we did the train from downtown and that worked well, but I have a hard stop where I have to be back in Austin at 7:30 so I fear doing the train back to downtown at the game will put me behind schedule.

Any advice that doesn't get me killed, my car stolen, or all my money taken would be helpful.

Be nice. Karma.
Old 10-18-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Affordable Reliant Parking

The hotels around Reliant charge about 20 bucks to park in their lot on gameday, I think. Last Sunday I noticed a $10 parking lot on the 610 feeder, a little past the hotel, going south, and definitely within walking distance of the stadium. There were some other lots like that around the stadium also, just have to look. I'm not sure if fans are still parking at the old Astroworld or not, but, it was only about 10-15 bucks last year. Hope this helps a little.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only other suggestion is to park downtown and take the rail. Pay to park in a day lot, and take the rail for free! http://www.reliant.com/en_US/Page/Ge...0930a_2011.jsp
Old 10-18-2012   #4
ktfletch1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is some good $20 parking that takes you into the Orange/Maroon lots. If you are headed up Fannin from 610, take a right on Naomi. It's a small little parking lot on the right but a very short walk up and easy to get out of! I suggest going up Fannin to get there if you are going early (while people may still be lined up to get into the parking lot), Naomi the other direction will be at a stand still from those waiting to get into Orange and Maroon.
ktfletch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #5
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The only other suggestion is to park downtown and take the rail. Pay to park in a day lot, and take the rail for free! http://www.reliant.com/en_US/Page/Ge...0930a_2011.jsp
Nice! Last time I came in 2010, I had to pay the (albeit small) fee to ride the train. So it wasn't clear from that press release, compared to your comment, if this is contingent on having a day parking voucher. Can you clarify?
Old 10-18-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, Fannin South Park & Ride is close to the stadium.
Cost $15.

http://www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMa...de/Fannin.aspx

Location map is here:

http://www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMa.../018-kirby.pdf
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

At the intersection of McNee and Main their are several businesses and a hotel which have spots for $20 and it is a very easy walk to the stadium. Best wishes except on the final score.
Old 10-18-2012   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosailor View Post
Nice! Last time I came in 2010, I had to pay the (albeit small) fee to ride the train. So it wasn't clear from that press release, compared to your comment, if this is contingent on having a day parking voucher. Can you clarify?
I don't think it's contingent on anything. Of course it did say "Texans fans"!

I'm guessing McNair is offsetting the cost somewhat in order to get more bodies to the game. There probably isn't that much normal 'ridership' on Sunday anyway.
Old 10-18-2012   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to give you a bit more than you asked for, as some things have changed since 2010.

First - If you are planning on tailgating in the lots, pedestrian gates do not open until 830a. You can bring coolers, chairs, heck probably even a couch in with you - as long as you have a gameday ticket or tailgating pass.

The hotel at the corner of Kirby & westridge south of the stadium charges $20-$25 to park.

There is a new offsite parking that has a shuttle located on the eastbound feeder of 610 near Kirby. I think the charge was $10 - not sure, because it just appeared at the last game.

You can park anywhere along the rail line and catch the train for free. Consider parking somewhere between the stadium & downtown close to a stop - The museum district for instance. http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Ra...ed_parking.pdf
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #10
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I'm going to give you a bit more than you asked for, as some things have changed since 2010.

First - If you are planning on tailgating in the lots, pedestrian gates do not open until 830a. You can bring coolers, chairs, heck probably even a couch in with you - as long as you have a gameday ticket or tailgating pass.

The hotel at the corner of Kirby & westridge south of the stadium charges $20-$25 to park.

There is a new offsite parking that has a shuttle located on the eastbound feeder of 610 near Kirby. I think the charge was $10 - not sure, because it just appeared at the last game.

You can park anywhere along the rail line and catch the train for free. Consider parking somewhere between the stadium & downtown close to a stop - The museum district for instance. http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Ra...ed_parking.pdf
I noticed that one too... its just after Papadeaux / Papasito's

http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/?id=16
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are quite a lot of places on Main near the yellow lot that open up for $15-$20 parking.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #12
itsdotcom
Rookie

All metered parking in downtown is FREE all day on Sundays. Find a meter near the light rail.
itsdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read