Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans VS Ravens. Lets Predict :)

Ok ok so last week was a big big let down. Hopefully our boys can turn it around and repay the ravens for last seasons play off loss.

Texans 27

Ravens 16
Old 10-17-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans VS Ravens. Lets Predict :)

I predict we will complain unless we win by 40 points, trying to push the score even higher inside the 2 minute warning.

Old 10-17-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Texans 27

Ravens 16
Yeah..........

Yeah, I think that's about right... Maybe a little tighter than that but close enough!
Old 10-17-2012   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

A win would go a very long way heading into the bye. But until Barwin shows up, I have little faith in our D at the moment.

Ravens 31
Texans 27

I hope I am wrong.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I predict we will complain unless we win by 40 points, trying to push the score even higher inside the 2 minute warning.

No **** i love it how we have a 14 point lead with 2 full quarters left and we WILL NOT chunk it down the field, but the packers with a 17 point lead are still throwing trying to score, damn i wish Kubiak would humiliate teams like the packers humiliated us.
Old 10-17-2012   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76315 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

41-17 [spoiler]Texans![/spoiler]

Seriously
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2012   #8
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Had us down as 9-7 (still division winners though) prior to regular season. This is one that I had marked as an L, so...

Texans 27
Ravens 31

Would love to be wrong
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #9
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

With the absense of Cushing, I think the run will be tested mightily, with a heavy dose of Vonta Leach and Ray Rice. If Houston can't stop that, lord help us. If Houston can, it will likely open up Pitta, T.Smith and I imagine we'd see a good helping of Jacoby(can KJ cover go routes all night?) who will likely be playing just beyond himself, so here's hoping for a Turnover.

Either way, Ravens should put up points, so this is where our S/T and Offense has to click. I'm not confident. The homer in me wants a win, but I certainly see where the train is coming from.. Jets, Packers and now the Ravens... I should trust my gut, but going with my heart...

Texans 19 - Ravens 17(thanks to a Jacoby whoopsie)
Old 10-18-2012   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta go with the gut ...

Ravens 34
Texans 13
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't predict.

The Texans laid a huge turd, they have a bye week right after the Ravens game, which means this team is capable of mailing it in early and rationalizing that they've got a nice 5-2 record to enjoy over our divisional rivals.

This team has to bounce back BIG TIME before I know which team we've got from week to week. Right now, they're a mess in many areas.
Old 10-18-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
With the absense of Cushing, I think the run will be tested mightily, with a heavy dose of Vonta Leach and Ray Rice. If Houston can't stop that, lord help us. If Houston can, it will likely open up Pitta, T.Smith and I imagine we'd see a good helping of Jacoby(can KJ cover go routes all night?) who will likely be playing just beyond himself, so here's hoping for a Turnover.
I thought we came to the conclusion that TDobb isn't a big drop off from Cushing in the run game. Rushing the passer & pass coverage is where we're going to miss Cush.

If they put Kj on Jacoby, we'll see how much he's improved. We've also mentioned his lack of deep speed & catch up speed as limitations. He's better off on Bolden, like in the play-off game.

I'm not a defensive genius like Wade, but I would think we need to get better with our backend rotation & he needs to trust TDobb to do his job. Dobbins has got to step it up & so does our secondary.

I'm also hoping the familiarity we have with this team, playing them for the third time in less than a year, and the AFC Championship Game preview talk, Reed & Barwin will finally go off which will make all the backend stuff a lot easier.
Old 10-18-2012   #13
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I thought we came to the conclusion that TDobb isn't a big drop off from Cushing in the run game. Rushing the passer & pass coverage is where we're going to miss Cush.

If they put Kj on Jacoby, we'll see how much he's improved. We've also mentioned his lack of deep speed & catch up speed as limitations. He's better off on Bolden, like in the play-off game.

I'm not a defensive genius like Wade, but I would think we need to get better with our backend rotation & he needs to trust TDobb to do his job. Dobbins has got to step it up & so does our secondary.

I'm also hoping the familiarity we have with this team, playing them for the third time in less than a year, and the AFC Championship Game preview talk, Reed & Barwin will finally go off which will make all the backend stuff a lot easier.
I'm not sure who "we" is. There are a number of comments to support that, but if I'm the Ravens, I'm certainly going to test that theory. In fact, that may be my first goal. If my Defense is banged up, I want to run and keep my D on the sideline. Keep the game boring and give the Reliant crowd very little to cheer about.
Old 10-18-2012   #14
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I won't predict.

The Texans laid a huge turd, they have a bye week right after the Ravens game, which means this team is capable of mailing it in early and rationalizing that they've got a nice 5-2 record to enjoy over our divisional rivals.

This team has to bounce back BIG TIME before I know which team we've got from week to week. Right now, they're a mess in many areas.

Boooooooooo!!!!

Yes, they appear to be a "mess in many areas" and they sure did lay one against Green Bay and I'll not judge anyone for being uncertain about how they feel of the Texan's chances this coming weekend. But I seriously doubt there is a single player/coach on the Texans willing to rationalize losing and electing to mail it in. I'm certain they've washed the stink of last Sunday off and are totally committed to beating the Ravens, despite their challenges.
Old 10-18-2012   #15
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

27-24

Texans win
Old 10-18-2012   #16
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going 24-17 Texans. I think the Ravens are going to miss Lewis's presence on the field and from the sideline but then again we miss Cush.....The Ravens can definitely put up some numbers on our D but all in all I fancy a tighter Texans defensive performance this time round...Hopefully the secondary can tighten up..Aaron Rodgers loves to spread the ball around as we know and although it'll be a totally different game against the Ravens our backs can't afford to allow the same separation that they did against the Pack. Was it just me or did we look like giving up huge yardage every time Rodgers threw up a big pass...to hell with that, I worried we'd give up a TD on many of those throws (Oh yeah, we did)...Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and James Jones all looked dangerous and capable of doing damage each time they went up..

Also, we MUST stop killing ourselves with these silly penalties. All that aside it won't be like playing the Packers...they were a wounded beast. We are the wounded beast and hopefully Ravens will be on the end of a cracking backlash!

Go Texans
Old 10-18-2012   #17
ktfletch1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respectedktfletch1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a good feeling about this game after Sunday's mess... Maybe I am being way to opetimistic, but I am expecting our boys to give us an early Christmas present:

Texans - 24
Ravens -10

They get a break from the Primetime spotlight and I don't think they want to go into the bye week following two losses. This would be a great win and maybe not a 'neccessary' win but an important one, nonetheless. I'd love to pushthe Ravens down to #2 and put some space between us and the rest of the AFC!

I know we had quite a few starters with limited practice yesterday, but it doesn't sound like it will affect them come Sunday. If this changes, I might have to come edit this post.. eke!
ktfletch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #18
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

31-17 Texans

This game has been circled on the calendar for a while...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. Everyone at ESPN picks the Texans. LOL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My Prediction?

Pain!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read