Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2012   #61
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Really? And you're perfect?
Dude, we're all guilty of something.
I'd say a good 99% of this board are probably not guilty of covering up a murder so that one or two of their buddies could walk. Much less themselves.

EDIT: Not sure about GP though :P
Old 10-16-2012   #62
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow- Ravens come to town and yet another thread degenerates into "Ray is a murderer"...

How about doing something positive?

The facts are all out there; opinions are all out there- make your choices.

Whatever transpired that night has nothing to do with his on-field legacy.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #63
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Wow- Ravens come to town and yet another thread degenerates into "Ray is a murderer"...

I refuse to believe that the "facts" are all out there.

Who cares though, it only detracts from what he is as a human being, not what he is as a football player (which is legendary).
Old 10-16-2012   #64
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So NOT true. If not for his on-field legacy, THAT night would have been just another night in Atlanta that 99.9999% of the world never knows/cares of. If you don't believe that night will forever be linked to his name and his legacy you are kidding yourself.

It may or may not be fair, but it's the cruel reality of the court of public opinion.
Old 10-16-2012   #65
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe you can show me where the deaths of 2 men tarnish him as a player to the people on this board. I believe in him as a one time great LB. I don't believe in him as a good person.
Old 10-16-2012   #66
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Maybe you can show me where the deaths of 2 men tarnish him as a player to the people on this board. I believe in him as a one time great LB. I don't believe in him as a good person.
Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

Doesn't matter though- people will always say things like "Ray was one of the best to ever play the game- but then theres that thing in Atlanta"....
Old 10-16-2012   #67
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't want to read about it, don't come over here.

Quote:
I said some thing positive about Ray. You were the one who said the Ravens are better off without him.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #68
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If Ray covered up a murder then he does not deserve a second chance.
Old 10-16-2012   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's probably a reason why that happens when the Ravens come to town. It might have something to do with those facts. The dude ditched his clothes faster than OJ could lose a pair of gloves but pointing out the obvious is being negative because Ray's a great player?

Nope.
Old 10-16-2012   #70
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There's probably a reason why that happens when the Ravens come to town. It might have something to do with those facts. The dude ditched his clothes faster than OJ could lose a pair of gloves but pointing out the obvious is being negative because Ray's a great player?

Nope.
I like Ray but his actions are simply indefensible regarding that case. I think he grew up rough and had some hanger-ons from the wrong crowd. I've read about the case from many different angles, and it's really difficult to say with any certainty what exactly happened that night. I do not believe that he committed the murders, though.

I do think he's a good man at his core. He was not a trouble-maker before that night and he's been nothing but a solid, upstanding citizen since then. I can't blame anyone for their opinions in connection with that tragic night, but I also look big picture and do not see man in a pattern of trouble. If anything, he's out there telling his story and the wake up call that a jail cell was for his life.

I did not always feel this way. I used to convict him in the trial of public opinion, as well.
Old 10-16-2012   #71
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If Ray covered up a murder then he does not deserve a second chance.
Whozzat???

Is that Gary punching keys on TexansTalk?!!!!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #72
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Whozzat???

Is that Gary punching keys on TexansTalk?!!!!
I saw that, too!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #73
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Ray but his actions are simply indefensible regarding that case. I think he grew up rough and had some hanger-ons from the wrong crowd. I've read about the case from many different angles, and it's really difficult to say with any certainty what exactly happened that night. I do not believe that he committed the murders, though.

I do think he's a good man at his core. He was not a trouble-maker before that night and he's been nothing but a solid, upstanding citizen since then. I can't blame anyone for their opinions in connection with that tragic night, but I also look big picture and do not see man in a pattern of trouble. If anything, he's out there telling his story and the wake up call that a jail cell was for his life.

I did not always feel this way. I used to convict him in the trial of public opinion, as well.
Level headed approach. Well done
Old 10-17-2012   #74
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares right now. He's out for the year and that's all that matters right now.

I don't care how it affects the Ravens. Nobody gave a damn when we had half our ****ing team out throughout the year last year. I won't feel sympathy for any team ever again after what we had to go through last year.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #75
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.
that jerry sandusky was a swell guy too... well you know apart from that incident....
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who cares right now. He's out for the year and that's all that matters right now.

I don't care how it affects the Ravens. Nobody gave a damn when we had half our ****ing team out throughout the year last year. I won't feel sympathy for any team ever again after what we had to go through last year.
This is really all that matters. He's not playing and how that affects the game is all I'm interested in. I know enough to not assume that just because a player like this (declining skills not withstanding) is out it means that the other team will be hurting. The Ravens defense will be possibly a little better on the field and maybe a little lacking in the heart but even that can be a motivator. They'll have the mindset of feeling they need to win one for Lewis and Webb. They'll come in focused on compensating for that loss and playing at a higher level if possible. At the same time the Texans will hopefully be trying to prove that Sunday night wasn't them and using that for motivation.

Should be a good game. First seed in the AFC is up for grabs and both teams have significant reasons to be additionally motivated. The team that can't get up for this game needs to have its pulse checked. Hope that doesn't end up being us.
Old 10-17-2012   #77
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know what happened, and there hasnt been an argument on either side to convince me of anything. what i know is that ray is one of the greatest players to ever step on to the field. i know that he's an inspiration to dang near every player in the league, and to millions watching. i know he offers himself to any player asking for advice or guidance, be they teammate or rival (including our own). i know he spends time in the community as do many superstars, but few do so with such fervor, taking each encounter personally.

it sucks that he's going to miss this game because honestly i like watching him play. i'd like to watch him lose this weekend obviously, but ray ray's one that i would rather have on the field when we face the ravens.
Old 10-17-2012   #78
b0ng
Ooops

Really and truly, I think Ray is going to have a hard look at himself this offseason and is probably going to have to make a tough decision about whether he wants to come back to the NFL for a 17th year.
Old 10-17-2012   #79
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah...but Ed Reed is still going to be there...UNLESS...we get Hines Ward to come out of retirement for one game to try to break his jaw again.

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
that jerry sandusky was a swell guy too... well you know apart from that incident....
OJ Simpson was a helluva running back. Well of course there's that whole turning two people in human pez dispensers, thingy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read