Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-16-2012   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like what I see in Quinton Patton which is a guy with good size at 6'02" and 195 lbs. who catches with his hands, has very good foot work and speed (I think it's better than the 4.58 that's listed on him), athleticism/body control, not afraid to go over the middle, good routes, good cuts, and good yards after the catch. He's currently listed by CBS/NFLDraftscout as a 3rd round pick and by Walterfootball as a 5-6 round pick. He's having a good productive year so far and I think he'll move up the prospect charts considerably after the season and before the draft. If he's there in the 3rd round I'd take him and be happy but it wouldn't surprise me to someone take him in the 2nd round.
Thanks

I think he runs faster than 4.58.

He certianly gets in and out of his breaks faster than WR's that run faster than that.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I see how it looks that way, but here is my rationale- it is about explosion. Jesse Williams does didly squat behind the LOS. Yeah he holds down the fort, but that it. Brandon Williams, on the other land, lives in the backfield. 4.5 sacks and 9.5 TFLs already this season.
Your guy's schedule: http://mssulions.com/sports/fball/2012-13/schedule

Alabama's schedule: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/s...l-schedule.php
Old 10-17-2012   #23
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yup. He has played lesser competition. But try to find some tape on the guy- his first step is explosive, unlike Jesse Williams'.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

@ BB and RM65, have either of you taken a look at Sylvester Williams from UNC? He's got size and good athleticism for a big man. He gets penetration, pushes single blockers into the backfield, and hold his own on the double teams. He also doesn't give up, he pursues the play. Here's a couple vids., I like what I see.

From 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYMaVF2nQdw

I see lots of improvement in 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRAchTitGx4
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #25
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@ BB and RM65, have either of you taken a look at Sylvester Williams from UNC? He's got size and good athleticism for a big man. He gets penetration, pushes single blockers into the backfield, and hold his own on the double teams. He also doesn't give up, he pursues the play. Here's a couple vids., I like what I see.

From 2011:

I like him, but have not seen enough of him to make a definitive statement. Hopefully that changes in the next couple weeks. Definitely in the mix for a late 1st round spot though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

From 2011:

Have watch him extensively and have him rated above Alabama's Jesse Williams but most analysts have it the other way. As of now CBSSports.com has him rated #82. I am looking at mocking him in our second but think he is gone. It was said he had lost his edge early but when I heard that and focused on him I saw no motor or effort issues. Seems to have good conditioning late, too.

Same source has Te'o #25. If we could get these two in our first and second rounds that would be a coup. FYI, I am now focusing on Baylor's Terrence Williams as a possible first. I am not convinced he is that much better than Jean and to spend a first he needs to be a whole lot better.

Going to have to move Andrew Jackson up soon as other guys discover him. He is not great in coverage but reminds me some of Hightower from last year. Right now we need someone to sutdown the run & that is Jackson's main course.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read