Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will the Texans beat the Ravens at Reliant by at least 7 points?
Yes, they will. 37 52.11%
I don't think so. 34 47.89%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2012   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Early Line: Houston -6.5 over Baltimore

The Texans are 6.5 point favorites against the Ravens at Reliant on Sunday.

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/nfl.aspx

Will the Texans not only win, but cover the spread? Personally, I believe they will.

What do you think?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #2
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 52238 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Houston -6.5 over Baltimore

It opened at -4, which was a gift, and then was bet up to -7.5 on 5dimes. I'd take the points if I were wagering this game, but Houston SU moneyline.
Old 10-16-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.....the Texans are more than capable of covering this spread. It's just whether or not their frigging heads are in the game Sunday. If I was actually gambling, which I don't do, I would take the points and the Texans. I think the Texans will be looking for some payback this Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lay the points.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #5
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will win by 13. 27-14

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #6
BlackFizz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

Will the Texans not only win, but cover the spread? Personally, I believe they will.

What do you think?
points too risky either way, but lack of pass rush from both teams and injuries to both secondaries scream for the over (48)

7 td's in this game will be a gimme. Play it safe and take the over
BlackFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #7
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Ravens will win this one outright, surprised we are favored.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Id have to take the points .... think this one will be close.

Do think the over is a layup.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
It opened at -4, which was a gift, and then was bet up to -7.5 on 5dimes. I'd take the points if I were wagering this game, but Houston SU moneyline.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does SU moneyline mean?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I don't do it, but I think it means straight up on the money line.

You pick a team to win the game straight up, but the money you win if you pick the favorite is less than the amount you place on the bet and vice versa, if you pick the dog, you win more money than the amount you place on the bet.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #11
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the Ravens to win straight up as well. The Texans should have an advantage, because the Ravens' defense is more injured than ours.

However, Flacco looks strong, Rice is playing better than Foster and Smith is playing better than Andre. I think that the Ravens have the edge on talent, although we have home field advantage and are coming of of a humiliating loss on national TV. I hope that our players have enough pride to go out and put this game away early. But Harbaugh is a tough opponent.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #12
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 52238 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

You pick a team to win the game straight up, but the money you win if you pick the favorite is less than the amount you place on the bet and vice versa, if you pick the dog, you win more money than the amount you place on the bet.
76 got me, thanks. Straight up, moneyline. 7 point teaser on the moneyline and over would be a smart play too.
Old 10-16-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What do you think?
I dunno going as far as covering the spread, but I DO think they'll win straight up!

Ravens are hurting with injuries, which I respect and yet don't feel sorry for but they're a good team and "Uni-brow" (aka Flacco) hs played fairly well this season.

My predictions and/or observations have nothing to do with our ass-whoopin' Sunday night. I kinda saw that loss coming. That said, I was a little disappointed in the effort, mistakes, stupid decision making and play calling... Other than that, I called that loss.

A win is a win!! I don't bet in Vegas so I don't care if we win in a baseball score like 3-2: A Field Goal > Safety!

I also having us winning this Sunday!
Old 10-16-2012   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will take the Texans for the cover and the WIN!
Old 10-16-2012   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is a FG game either way. Ravens plus the points, or Houston moneyline, IMO.

Also, I think a 6 pt. teaser here is a steal. Bal +12.5/Over 42.5
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

76 has it right here, but just to kind of simplify it for you let me break it down.

Right now one site I check has the Texans -360 and the Ravens +260 for the upcoming game. Basically what that means is a better would have to place a $360 bet in order to win $100 if he wanted to bet straight up for the Texans to win. On the flip side you could place a $100 wager on the Ravens and win $260 if you wanted to take them straight up.

I know people who bet on games and only take safe underdogs and the S/U or moneyline. The Houston Cougars made me a very happy man a few years ago when they beat Oklahoma State as 17 point underdogs.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I will take the Texans for the cover and the WIN!
This proves the Texans are liberal democrats. Just kidding. I don't bet so I don't know what the hell over, under, next to, spooning or any other degenerate gambling term means but Not because I think it's wrong to gamble. It's just too rich for my blood. I'll stick with scratch offs.
Old 10-16-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

What do you think?
First, the spread will be closer by game time. However, I believe they'll cover 6.5 if they are the team I think they are & I believe they are.

Secondly, I believe polls should be public by default.
Old 10-16-2012   #19
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
First, the spread will be closer by game time. However, I believe they'll cover 6.5 if they are the team I think they are & I believe they are.

Secondly, I believe polls should be public by default.
Considering it started at 4 I don't think it will change too much. The public has already dictated where Vegas thinks it should be in order for them to make money. I think at worse it may slide down to 5.5, but I see it staying around here because of the Ravens injuries.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I expect the Ravens to win straight up as well. The Texans should have an advantage, because the Ravens' defense is more injured than ours.

However, Flacco looks strong, Rice is playing better than Foster and Smith is playing better than Andre. I think that the Ravens have the edge on talent, although we have home field advantage and are coming of of a humiliating loss on national TV. I hope that our players have enough pride to go out and put this game away early. But Harbaugh is a tough opponent.
I don't know about that. The bolded part. They may be getting better stats, but this early into the season, I don't know if you can say that to be true. Different situations, different circumstances. Over the course of the season... or at least once we can cross the half way mark, we can say who's playiing better than who, but right now I don't believe the stats are reflective of the quality of individual play.

Ravens more talented? They're starting three guys we did not want.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read