Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012   #1581
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Good news for the Texans is that Rodgers wont be playing QB against them this week.
Old 10-16-2012   #1582
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good news for the Texans is that Rodgers wont be playing QB against them this week.
Very good news!

I agree with some of the posters that mentioned the overuse of man defense in the game. We needed to drop into more zone coverages and hammer on those guys and slow them down a little. It was a good learning experience and something I'm sure they'll recognize in film study.

My larger concern was the inability to run the ball. Not only that but GB seemed to know exactly when it was a run and when it was play action... I have to believe they picked up a key on one of the linemen, or something. Only the straight drop back passes ever seemed to catch the Pack off guard... that was odd...

Let's see how the team responds. Remember, we had a short turn around, after the Monday night game and the defense had to adjust to Cushing's loss... It was predictable that they were going to struggle. The offense needs to step up and lead the team to a win this week and give the defense a chance to reorganize over the bye and fully prepare to continue without Cushing.
Old 10-16-2012   #1583
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Very good news!

I agree with some of the posters that mentioned the overuse of man defense in the game. We needed to drop into more zone coverages and hammer on those guys and slow them down a little. It was a good learning experience and something I'm sure they'll recognize in film study.

My larger concern was the inability to run the ball. Not only that but GB seemed to know exactly when it was a run and when it was play action... I have to believe they picked up a key on one of the linemen, or something. Only the straight drop back passes ever seemed to catch the Pack off guard... that was odd...

Let's see how the team responds. Remember, we had a short turn around, after the Monday night game and the defense had to adjust to Cushing's loss... It was predictable that they were going to struggle. The offense needs to step up and lead the team to a win this week and give the defense a chance to reorganize over the bye and fully prepare to continue without Cushing.
This post expressed my thoughts better than I could have myself.

I still think they need a vertical threat opposite AJ to help loosen things up in the run game, especially against good teams.
Old 10-16-2012   #1584
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

What I don't understand is "FIRE KUBIAK" after a game we lost because our defense gave up a gazillion points. Sure the offense was mediocre, but the defense was flat out bad. If you're going to call for somebody's head after that melt down wouldn't it be Son of Bum?

Of course nobody went there, because firing a coach over one game would be crazy... ahem.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-16-2012   #1585
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This post expressed my thoughts better than I could have myself.

I still think they need a vertical threat opposite AJ to help loosen things up in the run game, especially against good teams.
Agreed... However, while it is early to have certainty, I believe Lestar Jean can fill this role very well... I also think Martin adds an explosive dynamic that is very useful in the slot. He just needs to be more consistent. So, I feel good about it. I think this team did not know how to respond to trailing by multiple scores late in the game and, therefore, reacted poorly. It was a good experience for them. We can not expect to simply manage the game constantly in the lead, especially against some of the better teams.

I'm hopeful we see some improvement this week. I certainly hope to see Lestar Jean stretching the field some this week. Let's keep an eye on how many snaps he has with AJ... versus replacing him.
Old 10-16-2012   #1586
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Fire Kubiak!
Fire Phillips!
Cut Joseph!
Cut Shaub!
Cut Foster!

Just blow the whole thing up and start over!

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

/sarcasm
6-1 and the loss was to the packers

The texan's head just got to big, it needed to be deflated... can't wait for the ravens this week we're gonna play angry!
Old 10-16-2012   #1587
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Agreed... However, while it is early to have certainty, I believe Lestar Jean can fill this role very well... I also think Martin adds an explosive dynamic that is very useful in the slot. He just needs to be more consistent. So, I feel good about it. I think this team did not know how to respond to trailing by multiple scores late in the game and, therefore, reacted poorly. It was a good experience for them. We can not expect to simply manage the game constantly in the lead, especially against some of the better teams.

I'm hopeful we see some improvement this week. I certainly hope to see Lestar Jean stretching the field some this week. Let's keep an eye on how many snaps he has with AJ... versus replacing him.
Jeans inability to stay healthy bothers me. Martin is a player. Perfect slot guy/KR/PR.

The defense really missed Cushings intensity/leadership when things got tough. Much more than I thought they would.
Old 10-16-2012   #1588
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this thread still alive? Oh right, dumbasses like me keep posting in it.

Please for the love of God lock this thread. Fire Kubiak after starting 5-1? This is embarrassing for our fan base.

Old 10-16-2012   #1589
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
6-1 and the loss was to the packers

The texan's head just got to big, it needed to be deflated... can't wait for the ravens this week we're gonna play angry!
The 49ers have never lost back to back games since Harbaugh got there. Granted, they've only had 4 opportunities to date, but it's still an interesting stat. I've got a personal criteria for judging good teams. Good teams do not lose three in a row.

Not losing back to back games over a 24 game period.... that's elite.
Old 10-16-2012   #1590
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need to fire kubiak ASAP and rehire capers because its clear that he can right this sinking ship. We are 5-1. I'd rather be 6-0 but ill take it. Kubiak is not bill Walsh but we could be in worse situations so calm the Phuket down people.
Old 11-18-2012   #1591
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 11-18-2012   #1592
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

You are evil....
Old 11-18-2012   #1593
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 11-18-2012   #1594
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 417 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it coming. As soon as AJ caught that ball into FG territory, I knew Kubes was gonna go ultra conservative. Why not keep attacking for a better percentage FG? We had 2 timeouts. I know I wasn't the only one who saw that coming. Someone back me up here. Settling for a long FG even pre-false start.
Old 11-18-2012   #1595
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obnoxious. Fire Wade Phillips maybe? Yup - just as ridiculous.
Old 11-18-2012   #1596
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83263 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not this thread again
Old 11-18-2012   #1597
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And a lot of people left early and missed out an exciting game, LOL
Old 11-18-2012   #1598
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why is this thread still alive? Oh right, dumbasses like me keep posting in it.

Please for the love of God lock this thread. Fire Kubiak after starting 9-1? This is embarrassing for our fan base.
Fixed it for ya. F'king bunch of morons.
Old 11-18-2012   #1599
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak, REALLY?
Old 11-18-2012   #1600
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Fire Kubiak, REALLY?
Brakes was just having fun stirring the pot, LOL
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read