Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012   #1561
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This was prior to his having his "ass handed to him by Dom Capers".
I think it's obvious: HIRE DOM!!!

Quote:
Last night really bothered me. I remember back in 2002 going to a signing event with Corey Bradford. There was a huge line and the Texans had just been beaten by somebody. I don't remember what I said to him but I remember him telling me "No man, we let all ya'll down Sunday". He looked genuinely sorry that they hadn't been able to keep up with whoever it was the beat them. I told him that they didn't let anybody down and that things would get better.

Last night this group of Texans with a handful of exceptions genuinely let us down. I think of Jack Pardee's hyper-talented Oilers teams that didn't play up to their ability and that's what was on display last night. The previous 5 weeks it was mostly playing precise careful, winning football. Last night was undisciplined crap.
I told my son after the first play and subsequent sack that this was going to be a long game. It just had that "feel" to it. You know the one as a Houston football fan. A talented team getting way too much hype from the local and national media, individual interviews with Watt, Schaub, Foster, and everyone patting them on the back as they jump on the bandwagon.

The Texans are obviously unable to handle the glaring spotlight of success right now.

They waltzed into to Reliant last night, chests puffed out - "hey 2-3 Packers, WE are the no. 1 power ranked team in the nation. We haven't lost a game this year!"

And the Packers got to work dismantling every aspect of this team. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. Coaching.

The Texans were dominated and humiliated on prime-time.

Now let's see what kind of heart and soul this team has after a serious week-long gut check.

Their performance against the Ravens will say more about Kubiak's "evolution" than anything else. All teams lose. But the good ones bounce back and let the loss inspire them to be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
16 and 7 over our last 23 games. 13 and 4 when our starting qb plays. Our recent history is anything but mediocre. We lost to a great team than needed to prove a point after starting out poorly. We were coming off a short week. Teams lose!
yep. It was sad to see, but I'm still hopeful that this season has many great things to come.

I told my oldest son that they were due to lose before the game. I did not expect to see the 2006 Texans out there, tho'...

That had to be embarrassing for them. Let's hope that the Ravens get the brunt of it now.
Old 10-15-2012   #1562
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74497 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last night really bothered me. I remember back in 2002 going to a signing event with Corey Bradford. There was a huge line and the Texans had just been beaten by somebody. I don't remember what I said to him but I remember him telling me "No man, we let all ya'll down Sunday". He looked genuinely sorry that they hadn't been able to keep up with whoever it was the beat them. I told him that they didn't let anybody down and that things would get better.

Last night this group of Texans with a handful of exceptions genuinely let us down. I think of Jack Pardee's hyper-talented Oilers teams that didn't play up to their ability and that's what was on display last night. The previous 5 weeks it was mostly playing precise careful, winning football. Last night was undisciplined crap.
I chuckled when I read this because last night NBC played the old Houston Oilers #1 song while showing Bum Phillips in a suite. Hah to those memories. Man I miss that old song.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
Old 10-15-2012   #1563
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74497 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I told my son after the first play and subsequent sack that this was going to be a long game. It just had that "feel" to it. You know the one as a Houston football fan. A talented team getting way too much hype from the local and national media, individual interviews with Watt, Schaub, Foster, and everyone patting them on the back as they jump on the bandwagon.

The Texans are obviously unable to handle the glaring spotlight of success right now.

They waltzed into to Reliant last night, chests puffed out - "hey 2-3 Packers, WE are the no. 1 power ranked team in the nation. We haven't lost a game this year!"

And the Packers got to work dismantling every aspect of this team. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. Coaching.

Now let's see what kind of heart and soul this team has after a serious week-long gut check.

Their performance against the Ravens will say more about Kubiak's "evolution" than anything else. All teams lose. But the good ones bounce back and let the loss inspire them to be better.

yep. It was sad to see, but I'm still hopeful that this season has many great things to come.

I told my oldest son that they were due to lose before the game. I did not expect to see the 2006 Texans out there, tho'...

That had to be embarrassing for them. Let's hope that the Ravens get the brunt of it now.
As a rival fan, I admire the hell out of this post. I also believe your team was gutted by the loss of Cushing. Moving on now is critical on the defensive side f the ball. Watt was the only player winning his battles. Other key players, especially Joseph, were just torched.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
Old 10-15-2012   #1564
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak!
Fire Phillips!
Cut Joseph!
Cut Shaub!
Cut Foster!

Just blow the whole thing up and start over!

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

/sarcasm
Old 10-15-2012   #1565
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 277849 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I'm starting to wonder if there was any way short of going 16-0 that this thread/sentiment wouldn't have been brought up. It's shocking how one loss (as bad as it is) considering the level of talent and competition in the league can send people on tilt
Quote:
16 and 7 over our last 23 games. 13 and 4 when our starting qb plays. Our recent history is anything but mediocre. We lost to a great team than needed to prove a point after starting out poorly. We were coming off a short week. Teams lose!
No, no, you guys have it all wrong. 5-1, we fire Kubiak. We lost a game, for crying out loud! (We don't fire the DC who gave up 42 points... that wouldn't make sense.)

The Giants should have fired Tom Coughlin last year when they lost the 3rd of 4 straight losses to the Saints 49-24. Moved their record to 6-5 on the way to 6-6. Stoopid Giants blew their chance at dumping Coughlin and ended up winning the Super Bowl. Dumbazzes.

Also, look for the 49ers to be firing Jim Harbaugh this week after that humiliating 26-3 loss to New York. Bye bye, Jim ... we should've fired you after losing to the lowly Vikings.

Bill Belichick is 3-3 after losing to Pete Carroll's rah-rah Seahawks. He would have been fired years ago if he didn't have those compromisingpictures of his owner Robert Kraft. I mean, geez, the Pats lost to the Cardinals in week 2.

Getting the hang of it, now? This is how edumecated Texans fans think. This is how the intelligencia of NFL fans think, modeled after the greatest fans in all of sport: the revered Philly fan.
Old 10-15-2012   #1566
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I went to bed after the 3rd touchdown by GB. And I never miss a game but you could just tell with this one. I've seen that waaaayy too many times as an old Oiler fan and Texan fan from the start. I just didn't want to subject myself to the pain of watching a primetime meltdown by the Texans.

I just hope they don't embarrass us on thanksgiving. The rest of the primetime games are on the road and tough. I don't expect them to beat the Patriots in December and maybe not the Bears on sunday night but please beat the Lions on turkey day. I don't want to spew out some long tirade of filth and break a tv in front of sleepy family members with full bellies.

It was only one game but it does reaffirm my belief that Kubiak in never going to get it as a head coach. No light is going to suddenly come on for this guy. I also realize he isn't going anywhere. But when that day finally does come in some distant future they need to send Rick Smith packing with him. I'm no fan of either.
Old 10-15-2012   #1567
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We lost to a great team than needed to prove a point after starting out poorly. We were coming off a short week. Teams lose!
Wouldn't it be sweet if the other team was saying this?
Old 10-15-2012   #1568
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Wouldn't it be sweet if the other team was saying this?
Baltimore will be next week.
Old 10-15-2012   #1569
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Baltimore will be next week.
I used to look at next weeks opponents, if they lost, I would be like, "damn!! they're going to give us 110%, especially if it were a "good" team."

I'm hoping the fans of other teams are saying the same thing about us. Not like when I look at Miami, I couldn't care less what happened to Miami the week before. They've never beat us, & most likely never will (watch.. this just jinxed us & Miami will beat us in our first play-off game this season).
Old 10-15-2012   #1570
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hell I figured the Packers would be fired up after the loss to the Colts
Old 10-15-2012   #1571
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that our upcoming opponents' feelings of new-found confidence will quickly change to fear when they realize WE STILL WON THE TIME OF POSSESSION.
Old 10-15-2012   #1572
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's ridiculous. They need to clean house. Nobody is safe.
Old 10-15-2012   #1573
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 50492 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Blah

Old 10-16-2012   #1574
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh look, it's this thread again. Sometimes I think that Texans fans are a bunch of immature little kids in adult's bodies who can't be rational after a loss, but then I read Texanstalk and... wait, nope I'm right.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-16-2012   #1575
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We were going to lose at some point. It's a pisser that it was such a horrible loss in a game we probably should have and could have won. But the Packers are still a really good team despite having a meltdown against the Colts and getting jobbed against the Seahawks.

The loss of Cush really hurt us. Hopefully, Wade can figure out a way to make this work because right now, it's not working.

And we need to get back to doing what we do on the offensive side of the ball. We need to settle down and start pounding the rock.

But it's just a game. We might lose the next one, too. It's going to be a tough game but it's a winnable game. We need to get the ship righted.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 10-16-2012   #1576
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Oh look, it's this thread again. Sometimes I think that Texans fans are a bunch of immature little kids in adult's bodies who can't be rational after a loss, but then I read Texanstalk and... wait, nope I'm right.
HAHA! You speak the truth.

I am simply amazed to come to he board and see this thread. It's too comical to feel ashamed, so I'll stick with amazed.

Old 10-16-2012   #1577
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152338 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Don't go into gameday threads when the team is losing. It's the worst. People are running around with their hair on fire eating babies and kicking puppies.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-16-2012   #1578
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Don't go into gameday threads when the team is losing. It's the worst. People are running around with their hair on fire eating babies and kicking puppies.
People are running around with their hair on fire, eating babies and kicking puppies when we're ahead a lot of times in those threads.

They're great to go back and read after a win.

After a loss, I leave them be.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 10-16-2012   #1579
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Old 10-16-2012   #1580
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Tonight's one game had little to do with adjustments and everything to do with terrible discipline. The offside call on the punt is inexcusable. That's for starters.

No disrespect, but you get a swelled head after starting 5-0 and deservedly so, but in the last week two things happened...

You lost your best defensive player
They're were pissed off like hell and played like the top contending team they are supposed to be.

This is still a 12-4 team that, if they can beat Baltimore, has a potential lock on home field throughout the playoffs. Next weeks game for your team is a much bigger test, and it tlooks like they too, will be missing their heart and soul if Rey Rey is gone...

It happens. I'm sure 49er fans feel the same way tonight too.
There's no room for sane reasoning here. One must hate on the head coach or else.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read