Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2012   #1
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reliant Crowd Noise

Does it seem to you guys that opposing teams are scheming around our noise? I haven't noticed any problems with them getting the plays off when last year, especially against Atlanta and Cincy, the noise factor was huge.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Reliant Crowd Noise

Sunday, there were as many Packer Fans as there were Texans fans. It probably felt like a home game for Green Bay & could have been a factor for our guys, may not have been expecting the response at home.
Old 10-16-2012   #3
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong, there was a good amount of Packer fans but by no means were there as many as there were Texans. Not even close.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

It was probably 1/4 packer fans which is way too many, and they were loud. Too many Texan sell outs!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #5
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Sunday, there were as many Packer Fans as there were Texans fans. It probably felt like a home game for Green Bay & could have been a factor for our guys, may not have been expecting the response at home.
No, there were at least three times as many Texans fans there. What you did have were a lot of bandwagon fans that don't know how to STFU when the offense is on the field though.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
It was probably 1/4 packer fans which is way too many, and they were loud. Too many Texan sell outs!
I thought about this, & actually used to think that way. But, Houston has what 4 million people? Then there are many, many fans that will make that drive to see the Texans play. I drive 90 miles one way.

Things happen, I can't always make my games, but I have no problem finding Houston fans who want to go, for the right price. Right now, none of them are willing to pay more than face value, but once we get a win streak that spans several years, that should change.

Same for the guys who sell their tickets through ticket exchange or ebay, or whatever. The Buzz is strong for the die-hards, soon (if they keep this up) the buzz will be strong for that casual fan, then strong enough for that curious fan, & more of those guys will be buying those tickets. Home & away.

Just a matter of time.
Old 10-16-2012   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

And the boos have to stop. I understand the Texans got there asses handed to them Susnday night, but this team is 5 and 1, no need to boo yet.

Houston isn't Philly South............
Old 10-16-2012   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Does it seem to you guys that opposing teams are scheming around our noise? I haven't noticed any problems with them getting the plays off when last year, especially against Atlanta and Cincy, the noise factor was huge.
I doubt teams scheme around our noise in particular. For an opposing team, loud noise is loud noise regardless of which stadium they're in. They practice for it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Don't get me wrong, there was a good amount of Packer fans but by no means were there as many as there were Texans. Not even close.
I agree. The Packer fans represented their team well, but nowhere close to what would would see if Cowboys, Steelers or Bears would have been playing.

I don't think their crowd noise was a factor. I mentioned at the game as well as on board that Rodgers appeared to be wearing ear plugs because as loud as it was in the beginning, he seemed oblivous to anything but connecting with his receivers.

I don't know if it was due to the game being on Monday night, which is what I suspect but at the Cowboys/Bears game, Bears fansbase was almost like a home game for them. They had dozens of canopies set up, the mixture was almost even at the tailgate on the plaza. Some of them were even on stage participating in a dance contest. What I saw Sunday night didn't even compare. Thanks goodness the Bears game, fan base at least, is in Chicago.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The 12th man showed up Sunday night, our team was still JET lagged!

The place was full before kickoff, which is rare, the fans were exceptionally LOUD with the player intros, the pink place card display was awe inspiring, and my ears started to ring before the half, due to the noise. We've always had a problem with fans being to loud while offense is on the field, and that is partly due to ignorance. Same thing when a player gets hurt, regardless of who it is, the fans should be quiet while the player is down. That is just old fashioned RESPECT!!

I stay until the last TEXAN player has left the field, but, I don't blame fans for leaving early Sunday night. Why stay when your team is getting their asses handed to them, and you have LIFE duties that are more important. 5am alarms going off for work or school, tired kids, needing to beat the traffic, etc. If it was a close game then STAY and be loud, if not, go home and prepare for tomorrow. Game over!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I stay until the last TEXAN player has left the field, but, I don't blame fans for leaving early Sunday night. Why stay when your team is getting their asses handed to them, and you have LIFE duties that are more important. 5am alarms going off for work or school, tired kids, needing to beat the traffic, etc. If it was a close game then STAY and be loud, if not, go home and prepare for tomorrow. Game over!!
After the stadium cleared, I saw you.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
After the stadium cleared, I saw you.
Shoulda come up and said howdy!! Took a while to walk back to the tailgate, my butt was dragging!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought about this, & actually used to think that way. But, Houston has what 4 million people? Then there are many, many fans that will make that drive to see the Texans play. I drive 90 miles one way.

Things happen, I can't always make my games, but I have no problem finding Houston fans who want to go, for the right price. Right now, none of them are willing to pay more than face value, but once we get a win streak that spans several years, that should change.

Same for the guys who sell their tickets through ticket exchange or ebay, or whatever. The Buzz is strong for the die-hards, soon (if they keep this up) the buzz will be strong for that casual fan, then strong enough for that curious fan, & more of those guys will be buying those tickets. Home & away.

Just a matter of time.
Over six million people in the Houston area. From the tv, you could tell there were Packers fans, but nothing compared to the amount of Texans fans there. You can expect the cheeseheads to travel well.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2007, I went to a Dallas/Greenbay game at Cowboy Stadium. It was over 33% cheeseheads. Their fanbase travels like no other.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
You could hear them on TV too .... I almost thought the Packers got a new indoor stadium and were playing at home.

Packers and Steelers do have a history of traveling well .... but damn ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was at the game and this is not reality except probably late in the 4th quarter when most of the Texans fans were heading for or were already at the exits.

EDIT: As far as "traveling well" goes, teams who won the SB in recent memory tend to travel well.
Old 10-16-2012   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Was at the game and this is not reality except probably late in the 4th quarter when most of the Texans fans were heading for or were already at the exits.

EDIT: As far as "traveling well" goes, teams who won the SB in recent memory tend to travel well.
I heard them early and often .... Most notably in the early portion of the 3rd quarter.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I heard them early and often .... Most notably in the early portion of the 3rd quarter.
Heard them sure, but in no way was there a 1:1 ratio of Packer to Texans fans at any time before like 4 mins left in the 4th.
Old 10-16-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Heard them sure, but in no way was there a 1:1 ratio of Packer to Texans fans at any time before like 4 mins left in the 4th.
I might have been using a little hyperbole, but when the Texans were on offense, it wasn't just unknowing Texans' fans making noise. I was out at the concessions for some of the 1st Qtr & it was loud.

There were a couple of times where you could see Matt couldn't hear the play coming in.

May not have been 1:1, or even close. But it was a lot. Enough I think to make the Pack feel comfortable on the road & the Texans to be a little "uneasy"
Old 10-16-2012   #20
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
And the boos have to stop. I understand the Texans got there asses handed to them Susnday night, but this team is 5 and 1, no need to boo yet.

Houston isn't Philly South............
I didn't like the boos in the Tennessee game, but they earned their boos Sunday night.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read