Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-15-2012   #81
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I hope he returns one for a TD. He always tried his best for us, even if he wasn't always successful.
You do realize that he plays us next week, right?
Old 10-15-2012   #82
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The "change of scenery" thing is serving him well. I hope that he realizes ALL of the chances the Texans gave him, he blew it and now is figuring things out (between the ears)....

That said, he'll be (Jacoby), at a point or two this season will cost the Ravens a game or two, or at least put the Ravens in jeopardy of a game. I kinda hope it will be this Sunday because we know he'll be amped up here in Houston.

Instead of the Bull Pen chanting "JONES... JONES... JONES....JONES..." as we did in the past, We should chant (in that condescending way).... "jacoby..... jacoby..... jacoby"
Old 10-15-2012   #83
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

jacoby never really "sucked" he was just terribly inconsistent.. and for us he didnt perform when it mattered the most.. there were times when jacoby caught everything thrown his way, then times he could get open and couldnt catch a cold.. hes streaky right now, he returned a td for us last year too and was pretty much never heard from again..
Old 10-16-2012   #84
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.
She sounds like a hater....and there is a hater in every crowd. Why don't you just let her run her mouth and not come on these boards with this second hand information. No one really cares.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #85
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This. Let me repeat. THIS!

I'll never forgive him for what he did the playoff game when he was playing for us. And I hope he gets decleated every time he gets the ball.
you are sick...seek help!
Old 10-16-2012   #86
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
For me it isn't about what he did in that playoff game. It was the multiple seasons of him muffing those punts, dropping balls, and his lack of evolvement as a receiver. You could tell the guy just never seemed to have the focus for an NFL player that wants to become a big time player. He seemed perfectly happy making his big play every 4 games or so with a KR here and there. He just always came off as a knucklehead to me. Him screwing up so badly in the playoffs wasn't surprising, but truly was the icing on the cake for the disappointing play he always displayed here. And then having to hear from people that apparently grew up with him and hearing them tell me what a knucklehead he was for real just put my disdain for him over the top. I'm just waiting for him to screw up big time on the Ravens.
God god man...I could see if you knew the guy personally and didn't like him. A person really has to do something to me personally for me to dislike them. Sounds like he isn't the only knucklehead around these parts. I still like JJ and want to see him do good (except this sunday). I didn't see this much hate for David Carr. Carr got all the blame but he really didn't deserve it.
Old 10-16-2012   #87
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
When his high school coach comes on Houston airwaves last season and starts talking about Jacoby's immaturity issues and inability to curb his party lifestyle in order to be more devoted to football...well, that's ALL on Jacoby Jones.

Kubiak most likely gave J.J. the benefit of the doubt based on his potential. But, only the individual can fulfill that potential, which is why I feel the way I do. Dedication and devotion are what makes good players great. Jacoby is "good" based on natural talent. He will never be great because he lacks the between-the-ears mentality to elevate his game.
The guy is young and like most pro athletes...the women chase them and they like to party.
Old 10-16-2012   #88
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm talking more about Jacoby's attention to avoiding mistakes during punts and kickoffs. That's the only improvement that I would grant him...but, let's see him do it for an entire season without costing the Ravens a game.

I do not think he will ever be that great of a receiver. He has the "ocho cinco" syndrome of being a one trick pony as WR. JMO
Well I can't say I have watched too many Ravens games this year, but looking at his stats, JJ has only had 11 return attempts, 3 KO, 8 punts, 4 of which were fair catches. For comparison, last year he had 49 punt return attempts in 16 games with the Texans. Give him some time, and I'm sure he'll make a mistake or two.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #89
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
She sounds like a hater....and there is a hater in every crowd. Why don't you just let her run her mouth and not come on these boards with this second hand information. No one really cares.
Quote:
God god man...I could see if you knew the guy personally and didn't like him. A person really has to do something to me personally for me to dislike them. Sounds like he isn't the only knucklehead around these parts. I still like JJ and want to see him do good (except this sunday). I didn't see this much hate for David Carr. Carr got all the blame but he really didn't deserve it.
So, he's got good information on Jacoby from (at least to him) a reliable source, and that just makes the source a hater. Then you knock him for NOT knowing him personally to justify his dislike.

How about, he believes his source and has both a professional AND personal reason to dislike the young man? Just a thought...
Old 10-16-2012   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy is young and like most pro athletes...the women chase them and they like to party.
Football should come first when a team is paying you millions of dollars.

I don't wish bad stuff on the guy, but I'm not going to root for him. My loyalties are with players that represent my team. Jacoby Jones is no longer one of those guys.

You are free to buy his Ravens jersey, though, and wear it with pride.
Old 10-16-2012   #91
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Football should come first when a team is paying you millions of dollars.

I don't wish bad stuff on the guy, but I'm not going to root for him. My loyalties are with players that represent my team. Jacoby Jones is no longer one of those guys.

You are free to buy his Ravens jersey, though, and wear it with pride.
You know, it's really not even worth buying anyone's Jersey anymore.

When we were kids you could. Most players stayed at the same team their entire careers.

I just can't root for a single player, this is football, it's all about the colors.
Old 10-17-2012   #92
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You know, it's really not even worth buying anyone's Jersey anymore.

When we were kids you could. Most players stayed at the same team their entire careers.

I just can't root for a single player, this is football, it's all about the colors.
A real jersey's is damn near indestructable. I've got a couple of the high-end real ones from the early years when the Texans first started. One was a Boselli and the other was a Carr. Now the Carr jersey is a Schaub (Thank you Matt for keeping that number) and the other is waiting on me to decide what name/number kit to order from Eastern Lettering because I'm tired of waiting for another #71 to emerge.

I have a bunch of other jerseys but they're all fakes that ran around $25 each. It's not worth it to me to pay for anything more expensive than that. Right now if I was going to spend a bunch of money on a jersey AJ would be about the only player it would make sense to spend that kind of cash on. $80 will be good-to-go for years after he's retired. Maybe Watt or Cushing or Foster but only time will tell. I'd have thought Mario & DeMeco's jerseys would have been like that but they're gone.
Old 10-17-2012   #93
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
A real jersey's is damn near indestructable. I've got a couple of the high-end real ones from the early years when the Texans first started. One was a Boselli and the other was a Carr. Now the Carr jersey is a Schaub (Thank you Matt for keeping that number) and the other is waiting on me to decide what name/number kit to order from Eastern Lettering because I'm tired of waiting for another #71 to emerge.

I have a bunch of other jerseys but they're all fakes that ran around $25 each. It's not worth it to me to pay for anything more expensive than that. Right now if I was going to spend a bunch of money on a jersey AJ would be about the only player it would make sense to spend that kind of cash on. $80 will be good-to-go for years after he's retired. Maybe Watt or Cushing or Foster but only time will tell. I'd have thought Mario & DeMeco's jerseys would have been like that but they're gone.
I know, I love the material they are made out of, I was speaking more along the lines of players.

But I'm with you, I love Jerseys too.
Old 10-18-2012   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The best way to go, IMO, is getting a custom jersey. You never have to worry about a player leaving the team or getting involved with some sordid scandal. You will always sport your own name/number. I plan on having my same jersey 30 years from now.
Old 10-18-2012   #95
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Jacoby and wish him all the best, except when he plays in Reliant on Sunday. I live in the Missouri City area and a lot of people I know think he is an ok guy. One of his former neighbors said that JJ and friends played their music loud and once things were quiet he assumed they had gone finally gone to bed. I got the impression the neighbor was speaking of living near a young single individual rather than him being a nuisance to the neighborhood.

Authentic has been my jersey of choice since I have been a season ticket holder. I must look into the name kits, because the way the players are here today, gone tomorrow jerseys have gotten to be quite expensive to stay current.

Of course, I have always gone cheap and ordered from Ebay and have been satisfied with the exception of two with the purchase. One was TO and the numbers were really sewn on loosely and they raveled, and the second was Sharper where the numbers on the back were so huge it was obviously fake. I purchased a Dez Bryant jersey last year or was it two, that I thought looked really good for about $40. Out of curiousity when I visited the pro shop, I compared mine with the one the rack and they were exactly the same with the exception of the pro shop price was $250.

I've read in another thread that some of the Texans had found a good deal on jerseys in $20ish range. I would like some feedback on buyers satisfaction and how close do they resemble the authentics. I really don't mind knockoffs if the quality is there because most with the stitched letters look great for years whereby the screened ones are about good for a year of washing before beginning to look better suited for wearing when washing the car.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #96
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
The best way to go, IMO, is getting a custom jersey. You never have to worry about a player leaving the team or getting involved with some sordid scandal. You will always sport your own name/number. I plan on having my same jersey 30 years from now.
That's a really good idea.
Old 11-11-2012   #97
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone notice Jacoby took another one to the house today too? Geez.
Old 11-12-2012   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

yikes...first player in NFL history to have two 105+ yards TD returns in the same season.

Congrats, Jacoby Jones, fwiw.
Old 11-12-2012   #99
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, I don't really care.

Those two guys could go three years without a TD now. Hester hasn't returned a punt for a TD since middle of LAST YEAR.

Our ST is going to stink with or without those two guys. Now, if we had a truly GREAT special teams coach who could get this team to function well enough for a guy like Holliday to return kicks in the system??? Yeah, that's when it'll be depressing.

But Keyshawn Martin had a nice kickoff return that was negated by a holding penalty. He moves forward, rather than dancing around, which is good. And he has speed, too. Overall, we have to get a better ST coach in here to coach those guys up better.

I cannot imagine how the ST has fallen this far this fast. They used to be a great unit two years ago. Last year and this year has been uggggly. UGLY.
Old 11-12-2012   #100
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I cannot imagine how the ST has fallen this far this fast. They used to be a great unit two years ago. Last year and this year has been uggggly. UGLY.
GP, you haven't noticed it was when the 4 man wedge was outlawed? Joe hasn't made the adjustment.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read