Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Coming? Man that's one long frigging hurricane.
You've obviously never seen mega shark vs giganturicane on SYFY
Old 10-15-2012   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I hope he doesn't go out and stabs someone to death.
Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

I wish Ray the best, and I hope he doesn't retire.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's bad kharma to celibrate other teams injuries. No good will come of this thread.
But it was started by a Tacks fan, so that should get us off the hook. (Although I agree that opponents injuries shouldn't be celebrated).

edit: Apologies - I see Dutch beat me to this point.
Old 10-15-2012   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
A nasty team like the Ravens is always a danger to a team like the Texans, with or without Lewis.

I'm a bit concerned that Rice runs 200+ yards right up the middle of our D next Sunday. And if our offense can't produce, next Monday will not be a fun day at Texans Talk.
I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.
Old 10-15-2012   #25
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Ray is the heart and soul of their defense, if not their whole team, even moreso than Cush is for us.

This is a big blow for them.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.
I agree completely.

However, we are talking about the Texans here, and we know that they are perfectly capable of playing down to anyone's level.
Old 10-15-2012   #27
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah it should've ended when he shanked a man to death.
It's a good thing he didn't, as he's been a pretty awesome person and player before and since the event.

bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.
Old 10-15-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.
Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #30
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
But it was started by a Tacks fan, so that should get us off the hook. (Although I agree that opponents injuries shouldn't be celebrated).

edit: Apologies - I see Dutch beat me to this point.
Just reported the news, didn't attach my opinion.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Ray is one of my favorite non-Texan players, and it's a shame that his career might end like this.
Yeah, hate to see Ray go down. Better for our best to face their best ..... better for both teams to be at full strength in prospective Super Bowl years to beat shat out of the NFC.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL
The cool thing about the one on Lewis was that cameras followed his life for a year, so a lot of it was about off-the-field aspects of his life. It was great seeing this monster LB as a father and community leader. Dude is certainly making the most of his celebrity status to inspire others in positive ways. Much respect for him in that regard.
Old 10-15-2012   #33
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.
Old 10-15-2012   #34
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.
Old 10-15-2012   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.
From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.
Old 10-15-2012   #36
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.
It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #37
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Quote:
From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...wis_agreement/
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll echo most sentiments its a shame he will not be playing this Sunday the game is better with him.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans were supposed to beat a Packers team that was without their best RB, their best WR, their all-world NT, a leaky OL, and a poor secondary.

Color me indifferent about us facing a "much depleted" team.
Old 10-15-2012   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.
LT is sort of the only other guy that I'd compare, but I'd take Ray hands down without question. One huge reason being Ray's leadership would trump Taylor's leadership qualities. I've just never seen a guy have so much positive control over his team like Ray has. He brings those young players in from the jump and lays down the law of hard work and respect for the coaching staff and their unit. You never hear about other guys hardly getting into trouble on that defense either hardly. They follow that guy and he has been a spiritual leader to many of them off the field as well.

Taylor on the other hand was a crackhead who could never stay out of trouble. Sure, he never got a murder case, but the stories about Taylor were endless. His escapades with prostitutes and hookers way over the top to the point that Taylor wouldn't even be able to play in today's game in my opinion. He'd have so many failed drug tests and arrests that the media would capture that he'd be suspended over and over. Taylor never set a great example for his teammates. From what I've read he helped to encourage them to get involved in his activities that hurt their team at times. I even heard one story that he came to practice in handcuffs one time with a prostitute or two with him, because he had been playing games with them all night and they couldn't get them off. Lol! I'm still a fan of Taylor and all, but I think Ray's leadership skills play a much bigger role when you look at the entire picture.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read