Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #161
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My PROBLEMS WITH KUBIAK during this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
so the defensive coordinator supersedes the head coach?

is gary kubiak not in charge of his team?
Whatever, dude.
Just have it your way.

Have a good day!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #162
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Was there really a need for ANOTHER Kubiak thread?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #163
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Was there really a need for ANOTHER Kubiak thread?
not really but let him rant here in his own thread...less pollution in the others.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #164
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take a shot at a couple of those.

1. We are a balance offense not a run first team. There are not any of those left. We have started out throwing the ball a lot in recent games not just this one. The nfl is no longer all about the run if you can't pass in this league you can't win.

3. I think you keep Foster in to keep your continuity. You don't wont to turn the ball over in that situation.

4. I think thats Wade's problem.

5. Because our offensive line can't protect and Schaub isnt very mobile. He does'nt want to get him killed.

6. Isnt that the same as 5.

7. I don't think you watch us play a lot. He did have his worst game this year but Jonathan Joseph was worse than Kareem.

9. So our first 5 games we showed discipline. Did you give him credit after those games.

10. I actually agree with you on this one. He should of known this was'nt a field goal game by that time in the game. Should of went for it.

One thing Kubiak does'nt get enough credit for is that he lets the defense have most of the top draft picks year after year and he just makes due with whats left and does a pretty good job putting points up on the board. I think it's starting to show a little this year, though.
Old 10-15-2012   #165
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so the defensive coordinator supersedes the head coach?

is gary kubiak not in charge of his team?
No that means Kubs is smart enough to let the man do his job.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #166
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
good god...yeah, Kubiak runs the defense. No wonder you are so mad at this little game...you don't understand it.
last time i checked the head coach is above the defensive coordinator.

If Kubiak feels like he needs to overrule wade on something that is his right as the head coach of this team.

the buck stops with the head coach. you're the one that doesnt understand it.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #167
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Kubiak feels like he needs to overrule wade on something that is his right as the head coach of this team.

I've forgotten more about football than you actually know...but don't let that stop you. It's your show. Please, educate the masses.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #168
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You don't go get one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and then do the job yourself. Especially when you are an offensive guy.
Old 10-15-2012   #169
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I could pick apart this game, but what it really comes down to is despite Greenbay's record coming into last night, they're always a dangerous team. Problem is though that they NEEDED to win this game to keep pace in the NFC playoff picture. The Texans caught a very game team with their back against the wall; a loss would've dropped them to 2-4.

This team is good, but I don't think it was ever going to be good enough to challenge the unbeaten record. I'm never glad to lose, but I'd rather this team lose early in the season.

I will say I saw Quinn lined up close to the LOS quite a bit last night, I dunno if he was intended to help the ILB with coverage issues without Cushing or what.

I do think the FO needs to really consider making a serious move to address the loss of Cushing in the middle.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #170
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

That last two games were very depressing and I'm no Kubiak fan, but at some point I just had to face facts....he's not going anywhere.

Having said that it still DOES suprise me (not sure why at this point....Kubes is as Kube does) that the offense sputters as much as it does with an 'offensive guru' as our head couch.

Maybe we just need time to find a workable third receiver and a right side of our O line. Hopefully we can scratch and claw for enough victories to get a good seed in the playoffs and then have a solid unit by then. Briesel was developed out of nowhere...it could happen again.

But I still can't shake the feeling that at times Kubiak seems to do less with more than what other coaches make do with. Maybe it's the complexity of the zone blocking scheme....I have no idea. Now granted...he won a playoff game with a rookie QB...but for every game like that he seems to lose one like the second game vs. the Colts last year. Green Bay had a makeshift line and injuries galore last night and they still lit us up!
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #171
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
You don't go get one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and then do the job yourself. Especially when you are an offensive guy.

did i say fire wade philips and let kubiak take charge of the defense?

NO.

I said kubiak is the head coach and is above everybody else except the gm and owner and if he feels like he needs to overrule wade on one or two things on the defensive side of the ball whether be it a specific personnel move or a certain call on defense he should do it.

i reckon this is how it works everywhere.
Old 10-15-2012   #172
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

things that kubiak needs to do from now on:

1. start giving merciless snaps and spell brooks and barwin.

2. give carmichael and harris a chance. give them some snaps and spell kareem and joseph duing the game.

3. stop using back up offensive players in special teams. this unit is weak right now. use every single defensive player you have instead of back up offensive players. use some starters if you have to. rotate them to lessen the workload.
Old 10-15-2012   #173
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My Problems with Kubiak during this game:

1. Why did Kubiak start with a pass happy offensive set? I think that's what caused the funky start that we had. We are one of the top running teams in the entire nfl and we have one of the best running back duos in the nfl yet we start passing? This same strategy caused us to give up a quick 5 points to denver btw.

their defense is pretty shoddy up front with raji gone. they have clay matthews rushing. Wouldnt it serve us better if we started running the ball?

-keep rogers off the field.
-make matthews and that defense use up some energy by running instead of giving them free reign to rush schaub with 100% of their energy right off the bat. tire them out first then go for some passes.
-gives some rhythm to the offensive line especially the right.

Instead we go pass happy, schaub gets sacked and we get off to a horrendous start offensively.

2. You see we are struggling with the passing game why not change it up and put keyshawn martin in for more reps instead of walter who has trouble getting separation. Arian is a great pass catching rb BUT WE NEVER RUN ENOUGH SCREEN PLAYS FOR ARIAN. His offensive set is far too vanilla and lacks dynamic diversity when it comes to strictly PASSING PLAYS. We are far too reliant on the play action to get big yards.

3. Why is kubiak using Foster to run throw away run plays like running out a half. Why not use tate or even forsett? why continue to give foster reps to add to his totals? save foster for more meaningful runs, not throw away runs. Ben tate can sure use the reps. even before tate got hurt and ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR, kubiak doesnt give tate enough reps.

4. when is merciless going to see the field? he's suppose to give reed and barwin rest but i havent seen him play a snap on defense. why not trot him out there, spell struggling barwin and reed. they will be fresher for it later in the game.

5. why is kubiak so averse at trying to score just before the half ends with little time? i mean he just completely shuts it down and gives up and runs out the ball (using foster ahhhhhahhh) why not take some shots down the field or try to get a field goal. HE NEVER GOES FOR IT. This goes back to my complaints about kubiak not having a killer instinct & being far too conservative playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

6. the horrible clock management. on offense not calling a time out and one on defense were aaron rodgers pretended to go for it. COMMON FREAKING SENSE SAY USE A TIMEOUT BOTH TIMES!!! Even al michaels and collinsworth were perplexed at why they didnt call a time out.

7. i refuse to believe kareem jackson is a better corner than roc carmichael and or brandon harris. i just refuse to. ive seen carmichael play in preseason games this year where he more than held his own. he also had some great plays where HE ACTUALLY TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND AND LOOKED FOR THE BALL, something kareem just cannot do. this is another pet peeve of mine about kubiak. HE REFUSES TO MAKE CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS TO STRUGGLING PERSONNEL except when running backs fumble and they get the steve slaton treatment. Why not do it for other struggling positions? They are going to ride and die with kareem because they want to save face publicly and not admit they made a mistake with him.

8. special teams. lets just move on.

9. Penalties. That is lack of discipline. That is a reflection of the head coach.

10. Not going for it on 3rd and short. We are behind, you have foster and tate & a great offensive line. why not go for it? instead we settle for field goals. Goes back to my no killer instinct play not to lose instead of playing to win critique of kubiak.
Cool story bro.
Old 10-15-2012   #174
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My Problems with Kubiak during this game:

1. Why did Kubiak start with a pass happy offensive set? I think that's what caused the funky start that we had. We are one of the top running teams in the entire nfl and we have one of the best running back duos in the nfl yet we start passing? This same strategy caused us to give up a quick 5 points to denver btw.

their defense is pretty shoddy up front with raji gone. they have clay matthews rushing. Wouldnt it serve us better if we started running the ball?

-keep rogers off the field.
-make matthews and that defense use up some energy by running instead of giving them free reign to rush schaub with 100% of their energy right off the bat. tire them out first then go for some passes.
-gives some rhythm to the offensive line especially the right.

Instead we go pass happy, schaub gets sacked and we get off to a horrendous start offensively.

2. You see we are struggling with the passing game why not change it up and put keyshawn martin in for more reps instead of walter who has trouble getting separation. Arian is a great pass catching rb BUT WE NEVER RUN ENOUGH SCREEN PLAYS FOR ARIAN. His offensive set is far too vanilla and lacks dynamic diversity when it comes to strictly PASSING PLAYS. We are far too reliant on the play action to get big yards.

3. Why is kubiak using Foster to run throw away run plays like running out a half. Why not use tate or even forsett? why continue to give foster reps to add to his totals? save foster for more meaningful runs, not throw away runs. Ben tate can sure use the reps. even before tate got hurt and ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR, kubiak doesnt give tate enough reps.

4. when is merciless going to see the field? he's suppose to give reed and barwin rest but i havent seen him play a snap on defense. why not trot him out there, spell struggling barwin and reed. they will be fresher for it later in the game.

5. why is kubiak so averse at trying to score just before the half ends with little time? i mean he just completely shuts it down and gives up and runs out the ball (using foster ahhhhhahhh) why not take some shots down the field or try to get a field goal. HE NEVER GOES FOR IT. This goes back to my complaints about kubiak not having a killer instinct & being far too conservative playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

6. the horrible clock management. on offense not calling a time out and one on defense were aaron rodgers pretended to go for it. COMMON FREAKING SENSE SAY USE A TIMEOUT BOTH TIMES!!! Even al michaels and collinsworth were perplexed at why they didnt call a time out.

7. i refuse to believe kareem jackson is a better corner than roc carmichael and or brandon harris. i just refuse to. ive seen carmichael play in preseason games this year where he more than held his own. he also had some great plays where HE ACTUALLY TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND AND LOOKED FOR THE BALL, something kareem just cannot do. this is another pet peeve of mine about kubiak. HE REFUSES TO MAKE CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS TO STRUGGLING PERSONNEL except when running backs fumble and they get the steve slaton treatment. Why not do it for other struggling positions? They are going to ride and die with kareem because they want to save face publicly and not admit they made a mistake with him.

8. special teams. lets just move on.

9. Penalties. That is lack of discipline. That is a reflection of the head coach.

10. Not going for it on 3rd and short. We are behind, you have foster and tate & a great offensive line. why not go for it? instead we settle for field goals. Goes back to my no killer instinct play not to lose instead of playing to win critique of kubiak.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #175
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
things that kubiak needs to do from now on:

1. start giving merciless snaps and spell brooks and barwin.

2. give carmichael and harris a chance. give them some snaps and spell kareem and joseph duing the game.

3. stop using back up offensive players in special teams. this unit is weak right now. use every single defensive player you have instead of back up offensive players. use some starters if you have to. rotate them to lessen the workload.
I tried dude.
Old 10-15-2012   #176
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

DaTruthExplodesCrappyThreadsAllOverTT
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #177
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to be a backseat moderator but could we just merge this thread with this -> http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95315 and then rename it "DTE tells Kubiak how it is"
Old 10-15-2012   #178
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't want to be a backseat moderator but could we just merge this thread with this -> http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95315 and then rename it "DTE tells Kubiak how it is"
Or better yet, why don't we make a sub board called "DTE tells Kubiak off" and make it to where only he can see it. That way everytime he decided to post something dumb (which is always) we just move it there.

Seriously, he thinks he is a football coach, yet has no grasp on the responsibilities of each coach on this team.

He should go work for ESPN.......

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #179
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Kubiak: yeah Wade, ya see the thing is........I'm the Head Coach.........you need to put in Mercilus and we are cutting that KJ kid........and I need you to come in on Saturday.......mmmmkay.

Wade: You're a dumbass.
Old 10-15-2012   #180
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Problem is though that they NEEDED to win this game to keep pace in the NFC playoff picture. The Texans caught a very game team with their back against the wall; a loss would've dropped them to 2-4.
the better team with a proven history came in here and smacked an overrated team that hasnt proven a damn thing.. texans need to man the f up and win some statement games against playoff teams...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read