Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #141
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corytx8 View Post
Thank you! Put this guy in his place...
What do you expect from a guy that evidently got the boot from the "step child" message board. Couldn't cut it on the JV team, but now he thinks he can carry the rock on the varsity squad.

Won't take him long to get the message here; otherwise it'll be same story different verse.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #142
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
BU BU BU BUT KUBIAK IS A GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
How is this on kubiak? The defense got torched by an elite qb and they bottled up our run game....which makes it difficult to throw the ball....the pack were a team with their backs against the wall & u knew they'd come out balling.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #143
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So is WADE! FORTY-TWO points on his famed Defense. They so far ahead they can put in the backup QB.

....but this is all Kubiak's fault.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #144
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are there, but they're playing an elite QB with his back against the wall record wise.

I'm glad we're playing Rodgers tonight. We needed this challenge.
Yup. Maybe this butt whuppin' on national TV will wake 'em up. One thing's for sure, we won't be ranked #1 after tonight. I'd be surprised if we stay in the top five.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #145
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yup. Maybe this butt whuppin' on national TV will wake 'em up. One thing's for sure, we won't be ranked #1 after tonight. I'd be surprised if we stay in the top five.
I recall 42 being hung on this defense last year by the Saints, then the Texans came out and had a dominating defensive year...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #146
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What? This is a stupid post. There is one thing to blame for this loss. Penalties. A complete lack of discipline. You cannot extend droves for any NFL qb much less Rogers. The sky isn't falling. You can decide to believe that this was the Texans for real. This is a game that you can hang your hat on. Congrats. The Texans got embarrassed and you are happy about it. That means you need to carry your ass to another team and root for them. This team is still 5-1.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #147
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114196 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
What? This is a stupid post. There is one thing to blame for this loss. Penalties. A complete lack of discipline. You cannot extend droves for any NFL qb much less Rogers. The sky isn't falling. You can decide to believe that this was the Texans for real. This is a game that you can hang your hat on. Congrats. The Texans got embarrassed and you are happy about it. That means you need to carry your ass to another team and root for them. This team is still 5-1.

Mike
Lol, never seen a fan so happy to see his team lose.
Old 10-15-2012   #148
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.
You gotta admit, though, the guy is persistent and doesn't let his foot off the gas pedal.

So in a sense, we need Kubiak to be a bit more like that poster.

He's just modeling for GK what we all need to see on game days. LOL.
Old 10-15-2012   #149
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Lol, never seen a fan so happy to see his team lose.
I'm not happy to see us lose. I'm just not going to go jump off of a cliff. This isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day wether we lose this game by 10 or 35 it doesn't matter, its a loss. The good news is that our problems were not even "correctable", they were what happens when you don't come to play. We were undisciplined. That is not a hallmark of this team. It was a bad night, non conference. Am I bent? Yeah. Work is hell today, you should see my office. EVERYONE knows I'm THE Texans fan (Its hard to miss with all of the texans stuff I've put up). I'm pissed about the way we played yesterday but that's a hell out of a lot better than being pissed back in 07 or 08. I was pissed that the team was nothing more than mediocre. THAT sucked. And then you have fans like DTE. That guy roots for bad things to happen. Why be a fan? Go follow the Browns or the Cubs. Find yourself a perennial loser and ***** and moan about how bad they are. Even if you think Kubiak is terrible surely you would want to be wrong? Nah, more important that he feed his little ego. So be it. Root for another team if that's how you feel.

Mike

Old 10-15-2012   #150
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I'm not happy to see us lose. I'm just not going to go jump off of a cliff. This isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day wether we lose this game by 10 or 35 it doesn't matter, its a loss. The good news is that our problems were not even "correctable", they were what happens when you don't come to play. We were undisciplined. That is not a hallmark of this team. It was a bad night, non conference. Am I bent? Yeah. Work is hell today, you should see my office. EVERYONE knows I'm THE Texans fan (Its hard to miss with all of the texans stuff I've put up). I'm pissed about the way we played yesterday but that's a hell out of a lot better than being pissed back in 07 or 08. I was pissed that the team was nothing more than mediocre. THAT sucked. And then you have fans like DTE. That guy roots for bad things to happen. Why be a fan? Go follow the Browns or the Cubs. Find yourself a perennial loser and ***** and moan about how bad they are. Even if you think Kubiak is terrible surely you would want to be wrong? Nah, more important that he feed his little ego. So be it. Root for another team if that's how you feel.

Mike
Personally I just wanted Cowher

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #151
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Personally I just wanted Cowher
I just wanted to win. After 06 (when everyone was predicting we would make the playoffs) I didn't care. Some people claimed that "I knew it all along" some people were shocked, who cares. Sure, I hope I'm right about a game. I hope that watching football for 30 years has taught me something but at the same time I just want a good team. If its Kubiak, so be it. If its Cowher, so be it. Hell, if Sam Wyche can lead us to victory (I hate him btw) I'm good with it. Take us to a superbowl and I will lead the charge for building a statue.

To steal a line from the Faiders, "Just win baby".

Mike

Old 10-15-2012   #152
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114196 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
And just to be clear I was referring to DaToofExplodes, not you with my comment.

If both of us are tag teaming him, you know he crossed some sort of line, lol
Old 10-15-2012   #153
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
I wanted to rep you but couldn't. Msr if anyone can.

I find it funny that DTE comes in, before the packers game, spews all of this "I don't trust Kubiak" garbage, and now that we lost he is dancing around singing "I told ya! I told ya! Kubiak the offenseive guru my arse" Sure, you might not like Kubiak, but none of the talk he is giving is warranted. If he has been a fan since the inception, he should know that times are good right now. That and also, it's like what wolf123 said, he basically came in and complained about the first eight years of problems and blamed them all on Kubiak. Sorry, but Kubiak ain't responsible for giving up 42 points. That goes on Wade. Plain and simple.

I know I will look like sunshine pusher, but I don't care. I'm an optimist through and through. Hell, I said the Texans could be super bowl champs within ten years back in 2008! That's how good I feel about the team. Anyway, I'm somewhat glad we lost, and are not the last team to go undefeated. I mean, when was the last time a team with the best record in the league won the Super Bowl. Well you have to go all the way back to 2004 when the Pats went 14-2.

The only other point I have to make, is how we respond next week. If we come out next week and destroy the ravens, I won't be worried at all. No joke. You have your bad games, and yes this past game was bad, but if we beat the ravens next week, then all will be well. If we don't, well it looks like DTE was somewhat right. Not all the way right, but somewhat. And that is a lot coming from a guy who used players from the other coaching job to blame Kubiak.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #154
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I wanted to rep you but couldn't. Msr if anyone can.

I find it funny that DTE comes in, before the packers game, spews all of this "I don't trust Kubiak" garbage, and now that we lost he is dancing around singing "I told ya! I told ya! Kubiak the offenseive guru my arse" Sure, you might not like Kubiak, but none of the talk he is giving is warranted. If he has been a fan since the inception, he should know that times are good right now. That and also, it's like what wolf123 said, he basically came in and complained about the first eight years of problems and blamed them all on Kubiak. Sorry, but Kubiak ain't responsible for giving up 42 points. That goes on Wade. Plain and simple.

I know I will look like sunshine pusher, but I don't care. I'm an optimist through and through. Hell, I said the Texans could be super bowl champs within ten years back in 2008! That's how good I feel about the team. Anyway, I'm somewhat glad we lost, and are not the last team to go undefeated. I mean, when was the last time a team with the best record in the league won the Super Bowl. Well you have to go all the way back to 2004 when the Pats went 14-2.

The only other point I have to make, is how we respond next week. If we come out next week and destroy the ravens, I won't be worried at all. No joke. You have your bad games, and yes this past game was bad, but if we beat the ravens next week, then all will be well. If we don't, well it looks like DTE was somewhat right. Not all the way right, but somewhat. And that is a lot coming from a guy who used players from the other coaching job to blame Kubiak.
The funny thing is that I'm not an optimist. People who were on the board before the merge might remember I used to do a detailed rundown of the games. When we were winning I was never as high as anyone and when we were losing I was never as doom and gloom. I just see the team for what they are because it never does any good trying to make them into something they aren't.

Mostly I just don't like the "I'm a fan of.... but they will always suck. Cleveland has a place for people like that.

Mike

Old 10-15-2012   #155
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a lot of fans were butt-hert by no gloss from and underwhelmed media last week when we barely beat a mediocre Jets team, so they are uber-disappointed getting blown out last night.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #156
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Angry My PROBLEMS WITH KUBIAK during this game...

My Problems with Kubiak during this game:

1. Why did Kubiak start with a pass happy offensive set? I think that's what caused the funky start that we had. We are one of the top running teams in the entire nfl and we have one of the best running back duos in the nfl yet we start passing? This same strategy caused us to give up a quick 5 points to denver btw.

their defense is pretty shoddy up front with raji gone. they have clay matthews rushing. Wouldnt it serve us better if we started running the ball?

-keep rogers off the field.
-make matthews and that defense use up some energy by running instead of giving them free reign to rush schaub with 100% of their energy right off the bat. tire them out first then go for some passes.
-gives some rhythm to the offensive line especially the right.

Instead we go pass happy, schaub gets sacked and we get off to a horrendous start offensively.

2. You see we are struggling with the passing game why not change it up and put keyshawn martin in for more reps instead of walter who has trouble getting separation. Arian is a great pass catching rb BUT WE NEVER RUN ENOUGH SCREEN PLAYS FOR ARIAN. His offensive set is far too vanilla and lacks dynamic diversity when it comes to strictly PASSING PLAYS. We are far too reliant on the play action to get big yards.

3. Why is kubiak using Foster to run throw away run plays like running out a half. Why not use tate or even forsett? why continue to give foster reps to add to his totals? save foster for more meaningful runs, not throw away runs. Ben tate can sure use the reps. even before tate got hurt and ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR, kubiak doesnt give tate enough reps.

4. when is merciless going to see the field? he's suppose to give reed and barwin rest but i havent seen him play a snap on defense. why not trot him out there, spell struggling barwin and reed. they will be fresher for it later in the game.

5. why is kubiak so averse at trying to score just before the half ends with little time? i mean he just completely shuts it down and gives up and runs out the ball (using foster ahhhhhahhh) why not take some shots down the field or try to get a field goal. HE NEVER GOES FOR IT. This goes back to my complaints about kubiak not having a killer instinct & being far too conservative playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

6. the horrible clock management. on offense not calling a time out and one on defense were aaron rodgers pretended to go for it. COMMON FREAKING SENSE SAY USE A TIMEOUT BOTH TIMES!!! Even al michaels and collinsworth were perplexed at why they didnt call a time out.

7. i refuse to believe kareem jackson is a better corner than roc carmichael and or brandon harris. i just refuse to. ive seen carmichael play in preseason games this year where he more than held his own. he also had some great plays where HE ACTUALLY TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND AND LOOKED FOR THE BALL, something kareem just cannot do. this is another pet peeve of mine about kubiak. HE REFUSES TO MAKE CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS TO STRUGGLING PERSONNEL except when running backs fumble and they get the steve slaton treatment. Why not do it for other struggling positions? They are going to ride and die with kareem because they want to save face publicly and not admit they made a mistake with him.

8. special teams. lets just move on.

9. Penalties. That is lack of discipline. That is a reflection of the head coach.

10. Not going for it on 3rd and short. We are behind, you have foster and tate & a great offensive line. why not go for it? instead we settle for field goals. Goes back to my no killer instinct play not to lose instead of playing to win critique of kubiak.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #157
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: My PROBLEMS WITH KUBIAK during this game...

Can you go back to the old boards? Kk thx.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #158
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade has total freedom on the defensive side.

If you have any gripe on that end, put it on the right honcho.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #159
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wade has total freedom on the defensive side.

If you have any gripe on that end, put it on the right honcho.
so the defensive coordinator supersedes the head coach?

is gary kubiak not in charge of his team?
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #160
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so the defensive coordinator supersedes the head coach?

is gary kubiak not in charge of his team?
good god...yeah, Kubiak runs the defense. No wonder you are so mad at this little game...you don't understand it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read