Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #21
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OUCH! Well, ok so we move on....

Mad.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
it's not the loss i'm worried about but the way we lost.

just something to have in the back of my mind heading into the playoffs. luckily the afc isn't very good so they can still easily make it to the afc championship game.

but all of that is too early right now. gotta stay healthy.
This. Getting out worked, out hustled, out desired and out coached always raises huge red flags.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
This. Getting out worked, out hustled, out desired and out coached always raises huge red flags.
The Packers were desperate .... the Texans werent.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #24
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

On the bright side no more "A must Win" threads....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not to worried about "this loss." It was the Packers and Rodgers was due for a huge game. Sometimes losses like these can really whip a team into shape. We all knew the Texans wouldn't go 16-0, so I'd rather see us losing to a team that I'd expect us to have a problem with. This is a wake up call that we obviously needed.

Now if we lose to the Ravens pretty badly, then I'll be very worried.
I think you've summed it up well Tex.

rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Every once in a while someone comes along and just beats the living crap out of New England. Ever notice that? Usually it happens at the beginning of the year (one year when the Bills did it comes to mind in particular). Even good teams have bad days from time to time. We're just all accustomed to the other shoe dropping and so we assume this is the Texans reverting to form instead of the Texans stumbling over a bump in the road.

Whether you think this is a single misstep that will be righted or the emergence of the Texans true nature and beginning of the end one thing can't be avoided. we have to move on.The Texans vs Baltimore prediction thread can't get here soon enough if you ask me.
Old 10-15-2012   #27
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Every once in a while someone comes along and just beats the living crap out of New England. Ever notice that? Usually it happens at the beginning of the year (one year when the Bills did it comes to mind in particular). Even good teams have bad days from time to time. We're just all accustomed to the other shoe dropping and so we assume this is the Texans reverting to form instead of the Texans stumbling over a bump in the road.

Whether you think this is a single misstep that will be righted or the emergence of the Texans true nature and beginning of the end one thing can't be avoided. we have to move on.The Texans vs Baltimore prediction thread can't get here soon enough if you ask me.
Agreed on all points.

I just think it'll be tough to get this taste out of our mouths until they pick up another W.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #28
Rudyball
Rookie

I think it is not so much we were dominated in this game, but that were dominated last week in the run and pass game, too. That is what has me concerned next week with Baltimore. We are showing weakness in those two areas and the good teams generally are strong there.

Last season was our best chance to go to the SB apparently when we had more veteran starters performing at peak levels. 6 left and the 6 replacements are not performing at those same levels, and it is showing up. Can all 6 get up to speed this year plus cushing's replacement? So far no. Kubiak is having to platoon the right side of the OL and it isn't producing the results we need. The DL isn't performing at the same level as last year, and the secondary is cracking here lately.

Looking forward to the rest of the year, and hoping we can pull it together.
Rudyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
On the bright side no more "A must Win" threads....
You couldn't be more wrong ...next week is a MUST WIN!!!
Old 10-15-2012   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Agreed on all points.

I just think it'll be tough to get this taste out of our mouths until they pick up another W.

Quickest way to do that is to stomp the guts out of a wounded Baltimore team. If we win Sunday I'm not going to even think about waving it in the faces of Ravens fans. We will have beaten a very depleted Ravens team and anyone who doesn't understand that is a fool. Beating them with Suggs, Lewis, Webb, and Ngata is entirely different from beating them without those guys (should Ngata not play or be far below 100%).

We need the win though so I don't think we should apologize for it. You play the cards your dealt and we had losses last year that came almost certainly as a result of Schaub being lost for the year. Had we picked up a couple more wins along the way we'd have most likely hosted them in the second round and who knows what could have happened.

Luck factors into it as much as anything else.

We're lucky they didn't lose Sunday because the Ravens almost never lose two in a row these days. We're lucky that they're banged up. We're lucky that we are no worse than we are and we're lucky that we've got a bye week coming up after this game. The timing couldn't be better for the Texans to win their first ever game against the Ravens and then getting some rest and regrouping.

A good ass-beating can wake up a complacent team that's been reading it's own press and believing it. As long as we don't fall into a rut and rip off 3-4 lousy games in a row this is survivable.
Old 10-15-2012   #31
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Quickest way to do that is to stomp the guts out of a wounded Baltimore team. If we win Sunday I'm not going to even think about waving it in the faces of Ravens fans. We will have beaten a very depleted Ravens team and anyone who doesn't understand that is a fool. Beating them with Suggs, Lewis, Webb, and Ngata is entirely different from beating them without those guys (should Ngata not play or be far below 100%).

We need the win though so I don't think we should apologize for it. You play the cards your dealt and we had losses last year that came almost certainly as a result of Schaub being lost for the year. Had we picked up a couple more wins along the way we'd have most likely hosted them in the second round and who knows what could have happened.

Luck factors into it as much as anything else.

We're lucky they didn't lose Sunday because the Ravens almost never lose two in a row these days. We're lucky that they're banged up. We're lucky that we are no worse than we are and we're lucky that we've got a bye week coming up after this game. The timing couldn't be better for the Texans to win their first ever game against the Ravens and then getting some rest and regrouping.

A good ass-beating can wake up a complacent team that's been reading it's own press and believing it. As long as we don't fall into a rut and rip off 3-4 lousy games in a row this is survivable.
I've seen the theory that the Texans possibly began buying their own hype and got complacent. I never wanted to believe that, because this team just seemed too focused and disciplined. I still don't think it was the case, and that they just had their ass handed to them.

But some of the penalties that extended drives and losing their composure was discouraging. Still, I think it could end up being a one-time thing and not a recurring problem.

As far as Baltimore's injuries, it definitely works in the Texans' favor. I just think the importance of those injuries has to be dampened a little bit because their previous two opponents seemed to show up despite not having some of their key players.

This may seem as a corny/cheesy/lame(whatever you want to call it) point, but I think there's something to be said about the former Texans on the Ravens. Each one--Pollard, Leach, Jones--understandably seemed a little bitter after leaving. And I know they've already played the Texans twice, but I think playing them at Reliant could re-ignite that fire. Just something to think about.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #32
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this loss (although tough to swallow) is good in the long run. It sounds hokey, but it got it out of the way, ends all the blank and 0 crap.

This should give the team something to think about all season, hopefully the media will bash us the remainder of the season and put a chip back on the teams shoulder.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read