Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Vegan diet affecting Foster's performance this year?
Yes 19 22.09%
No 55 63.95%
Not sure 12 13.95%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2012   #41
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoLy-D View Post
He needs to eat more yards.

I can agree with that
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Maybe people doubting him now that he got the contract will light a fire under him (assuming he's lost that chip on his shoulder).
It's pure speculation on my part. I do not know Foster, but as an NFL fan for decades, we often see these types of cycles with many players.

Based on that history of cycles, his rebound would be in 2013 after an off-season of being doubted by the national media for a sub-par season in 2012.

Obviously, I hope this is not the case, but it certainly would not be the first time it's happened to a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
My guess is that the inconsistency on the offensive line has hurt his decision making. With Briesel and Winston there, he knew that they would create a hole for him to run through. With Newton/Harris and Caldwell/Jones there now, that hole isn't there anymore (or not nearly as often) so he has to wait to see if it will open up or if he has to try and take it outside instead. I think the O-line not creating lanes like he was used to has caused him to doubt what he can do out of the backfield. This is all just speculation of course. Foster hasn't been terrible (he ran over the Jaguars and Jets) but he hasn't been his usual self.
I honestly think this is the biggest change that has influenced the running game. The old mantra that games are won/lost in the trenches is true. Linemen are often overlooked, but the fact of the matter is that the successful lines are the ones developed over many years together. They start to instinctively know each other and the RBs and QBs feed off of that consistency.

What has been grinningly obvious over the first six games is that the right side of our OL has taken a serious downgrade. I see a lot of pressure from that side and the running lanes are not opening up. We see the calls going to the left a lot, and other teams are taking notice and playing that side of the field strong.
Old 10-15-2012   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I see a lot of pressure from that side and the running lanes are not opening up. We see the calls going to the left a lot, and other teams are taking notice and playing that side of the field strong.
no matter who is playing, the RG keeps getting clowned this season. many of those disrupted pass plays come from pressure right up the gut.

If Kubiak can't strait up fool you with play action his pass routes that are slow developing we are in trouble. I think this offense was eating kittens early in the year with the weak schedule.

Now that all this is on film we may be in for a rough stretch....I'd say that I'm hopeful that Kubiak can scheme his way out of this but where is he getting more speed from? This offense can't do what it needs to do if AJ can be taken away at will and the RB is running more like Ron Dayne than A Foster. Then we still have line issues.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read