Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Baltimore

They got a lot of injury's and have to come to our house. If we are the class of the AFC we need to show it sunday.

I guess we have earned their fans respect. They are calling it thier game of they year. http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...re-at-houston/
Old 10-15-2012   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baltimore

Yeah they got news coming to today on injuries that could be costly. Top seed in AFC on the line. Surely we don't no call no show two weeks in a row
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #3
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Webb is a huge loss for them. He was playing on a Revis-level. Hoping this loss is the kick in the butt that they need. Need to come out firing.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

We got the Jets at their most desperate time coming off an embarrassing loss and we got their best shot. We got the Pack when their backs were up against the wall and they were coming off a bad loss to the Colts and they put a whoopin on us.

Now, Baltimore gets to face an angry Texans team who just got embarrassed on National TV. We will see exactly what this team is made of this Sunday.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Packers had a few big players out last night too. I'm not going to put much stock into that right now. Plus, I think Ellerbe's the better player over Lewis as of right now.
Old 10-15-2012   #6
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Packers had a few big players out last night too. I'm not going to put much stock into that right now. Plus, I think Ellerbe's the better player over Lewis as of right now.
The pack still had Rodgers and Clay Matthews... That's huge on both sides of the ball.
Old 10-15-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

We're going to have to stop the run.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If we aren't as good a team as we thought we were, we are going to find out this coming Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad to get a 12:00 kickoff Sunday, I hate prime-time games.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #10
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Here, here. Unfortunately there are still two to go.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I don't like them either. I much prefer the noon games. It wouldn't bother me a bit that we'd never EVER get another prime time game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #12
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of people always make the point about how it's dangerous playing teams coming off of a bad loss.

Perhaps it's time to see if that applies to the Texans as well.

As for the opposing team's injuries, I understand you have to account for them, but I feel like that shouldn't be a major factor considering what happened the last two games.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Baltimore

Win and no major injuries.

Do that and yesterday is forgotten.

I don't care how we win. This game has major implicatiosn that Green Bay did not.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #14
BlackFizz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
A lot of people always make the point about how it's dangerous playing teams coming off of a bad loss.

Perhaps it's time to see if that applies to the Texans as well.

As for the opposing team's injuries, I understand you have to account for them, but I feel like that shouldn't be a major factor considering what happened the last two games.
No Lewis/Ngata/Webb = Texans win. That's the guts of there defense. I f our o-line doesn't dominate this game, then we will have some serious concerns
BlackFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #15
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFizz View Post
No Lewis/Ngata/Webb = Texans win. That's the guts of there defense. I f our o-line doesn't dominate this game, then we will have some serious concerns
Yeah, it looks like Webb and Lewis will be out for sure. Can't find anything on Ngata, I guess we'll know later today.

Still, I'm afraid they have more depth on defense that we haven't seen much of, so I'll probably end up holding my breath the entire week until they play.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

We played a Packers team that was all beat up. Look what that got us.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I don't think that beatdown we took was just a a case us playing flat and uninspired football. I think the team was exposed for what it really is. AJ is a shell of his former self. Foster is pulling a Chris Johnson act. The offensive line is not in sync. Except for Watt, there's no pass rush, and Jonathan Joseph, our shutdown corner... isn't.

Sorry, but I don't think we're gonna best the Ravens.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Here, here. Unfortunately there are still two to go.
There are 3 actually. Another Sunday nighter against the Bears, a MNFer against the Pats and Thanksgiving Day against the Lions.

All away games
Old 10-15-2012   #18
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
We played a Packers team that was all beat up. Look what that got us.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I don't think that beatdown we took was just a a case us playing flat and uninspired football. I think the team was exposed for what it really is. AJ is a shell of his former self. Foster is pulling a Chris Johnson act. The offensive line is not in sync. Except for Watt, there's no pass rush, and Jonathan Joseph, our shutdown corner... isn't.

Sorry, but I don't think we're gonna best the Ravens.
I was thinking the very same thing with respect to playing a beat up Packer team. IMHO, I though we couldn't ask for a better week to have played the Packers! LOL.

I somewhat agree with the rest of what you go on to say, except for what's in bold. I am of the opinion that what this team really is, is still in question.
Old 10-15-2012   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't like them either. I much prefer the noon games. It wouldn't bother me a bit that we'd never EVER get another prime time game.
That would mean "we suck again". So I will take them.
Old 10-15-2012   #20
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Feels like both fan bases will be confident for next week's game. I'm sure the teams are always confident.

We're going to feel like Foster + Tate/Forsett will run for 250+ on them since the Cowboys did it with their crappy line.

They're going to feel like Packers exposed the Texans weaknesses on defense, and Flacco will be able to pass for 300+.

I personally don't think Flacco=Rodgers, but it should be a good game, and I can't wait for Sunday already. Glad it's a home game.

paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read