Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's see how great our offense is now while we're playing from behind

This is the spot I've been wanting to see the Texans in. Not that I want them to be behind, but people around here seem to think that we've got this great dynamic offense. I have not seen that this year. I've seen a great running game, but that's about it.

Now we're down a few scores and we really need some big scores and some explosive plays. Hell, we're playing the Packers who don't exactly have a great defense either. I want to see what this offense can do in this situation. It will be hard to win a shootout with Rodgers with this kind of deficit, but I'd like to see if we can put up a few scores when WE REALLY NEED TO.

Can these other WR's step up and make big plays?

Can Schaub go up and down the field when other teams know that we need to pass?

Is AJ ready to go back into beast mode?

This is Kubiak's offense chance to show what we really have. Can they shine or at least look like a top offense? We're about to see.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's see how great our offense is now while we're playing from behind

Good drive. Hopefully we can get a stop and we can score again.

It looks like Keyshawn Martin was able to make a nice play that we really needed that put us in scoring position. Let's keep it up.
Old 10-14-2012   #3
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's see how great our offense is now while we're playing from behind

We really don't have the offense that can come from far behind...at least it doesn't look that way to me. Now, down by 18, I don't think there's anything we can do.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
We really don't have the offense that can come from far behind...at least it doesn't look that way to me. Now, down by 18, I don't think there's anything we can do.
Well unfortunately some of my suspicions about Gary's offense that I've seen this season is looking pretty telling.

There is a lot of work to do at this point.
Old 10-14-2012   #5
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans self-destructed.
Too many stupid screw-ups!
Penalties killed...
Terrible special teams...(except for the blocked punt for TD)
Boneheaded stuff all the way around.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Texans self-destructed.
Too many stupid screw-ups!
Penalties killed...
Terrible special teams...(except for the blocked punt for TD)
Boneheaded stuff all the way around.
Yeah, they played like a really weak and uninspired team today. The Packers really bullied them in every way possible. At home too.

I just hope a game like this will make the Texans understand that they have a ton of work to do and possibly this game can be a good for them.
Old 10-14-2012   #7
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, they played like a really weak and uninspired team today. The Packers really bullied them in every way possible. At home too.

I just hope a game like this will make the Texans understand that they have a ton of work to do and possibly this game can be a good for them.
Yes sir, we can hope.
I really don't have that big of a problem with this loss--tbh.
Now we don't have to worry about the "undefeated" mess anymore.
We lost (albeit BADLY) to an elite team and one of the best QBs in the league. Packers are a top notch team and I suspect that everyone knew that they'd get their stuff together.

Difference is, everyone HOPED that the Texans were a top notch team and HOPED tht the wheels wouldn't fall off. Well, a slap right dead in your mouth can sometimes be a good thing.

Question is:
A) Do you fall down and cry like a little punk, or
B) Will you come out swinging because you got embarassed.

That answer still remains to be seen.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2012   #8
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

answer=not very good.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You learn a lot about the team when it faces adversity and no, last season's adversity doesn't count the same way. Every year is different and this team has an air of what I can only describe as "entitlement" to it that they didn't have last year. Plugging through 2011 with players falling left and right but being replaced by guys who elevated their play made those Texans better. Coming into the 2012 with half the media rushing to crown them and pick them to go all the way has done the opposite. These Texans were fine as long as the season was progressing according to the script. Winning by 20 points a game? Things are great! Play a team that's ready to kick your ass and take the win from you and they look like bullied little kids who don't know what to do. The Packers got up on them hard and the Texans fell apart. No composure, no resilience. They are not mentally prepared to compete and we can (mostly) all see that.

The Jets suck. The Jets are supposedly the worst team in the history of professional sports. At least that was the story for the entire week prior to our playing them. The Jets were destroyed by the 49ers and bounced back against the Texans and nearly won. They were embarrassed as professionals and responded. The Packers lost to the Colts last week and spent a week dealing with that. You know that was just like when the Texans lost to the Raiders last week. What an awful taste that game left in my mouth. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like to the players. The Packers took that out on us tonight and probably got their season back on track.

What are the Texans going to do next week to the Ravens? Are the Texans going to man up and fix their issues or are they going to cry about officiating and lose their composure again? In a way I'm glad the Ravens didn't lose today. That game is our "getting back on track" game, not theirs.
Old 10-15-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Is AJ ready to go back into beast mode?

Andre looks slow and lethargic. He used to explode out of breaks and he looks like old Anquan Boldin out there now (a shell of his former self). The other receivers are mediocre and put no fear in anyone. Foster looks a little slow and lethargic too...for that matter the entire offense is plodding with all the slow TE's and Andre looking past his prime.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In a way I'm glad the Ravens didn't lose today. That game is our "getting back on track" game, not theirs.
I agree. The Ravens getting lucky (the Cowboys choking away a great chance) just might work to our advantage.

Tonight, we looked fat and entitled. GB was starving, and they clubbed us over the head and laughed the whole way.

Next Sunday, I expect (heavy emphasis on EXPECT) to see us repay the Ravens with the same result.

But hey, this is no sure science. The team has to want it. They might still have one more really bad game left in them. I guess we'll find out if this game sent them a reality check or not.
Old 10-15-2012   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You learn a lot about the team when it faces adversity and no, last season's adversity doesn't count the same way. Every year is different and this team has an air of what I can only describe as "entitlement" to it that they didn't have last year. Plugging through 2011 with players falling left and right but being replaced by guys who elevated their play made those Texans better. Coming into the 2012 with half the media rushing to crown them and pick them to go all the way has done the opposite. These Texans were fine as long as the season was progressing according to the script. Winning by 20 points a game? Things are great! Play a team that's ready to kick your ass and take the win from you and they look like bullied little kids who don't know what to do. The Packers got up on them hard and the Texans fell apart. No composure, no resilience. They are not mentally prepared to compete and we can (mostly) all see that.

The Jets suck. The Jets are supposedly the worst team in the history of professional sports. At least that was the story for the entire week prior to our playing them. The Jets were destroyed by the 49ers and bounced back against the Texans and nearly won. They were embarrassed as professionals and responded. The Packers lost to the Colts last week and spent a week dealing with that. You know that was just like when the Texans lost to the Raiders last week. What an awful taste that game left in my mouth. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like to the players. The Packers took that out on us tonight and probably got their season back on track.

What are the Texans going to do next week to the Ravens? Are the Texans going to man up and fix their issues or are they going to cry about officiating and lose their composure again? In a way I'm glad the Ravens didn't lose today. That game is our "getting back on track" game, not theirs.
Well, a good thing about that Raiders game last season was that the team came back and destroyed the Titans. Last night, they just looked and played scared. I had this funny feeling ever since the first PA did not work. Schaub is a good QB, but he doesn't make things happen. Everyone was covered downfield for Rodgers, so he scrambles for a first. Schaub? Throws the ball at Arian's feet. Who did they think they were about to play? Some high school team? The Texans couldn't get up for a primetime game at home? I just had a sick feeling watching that last night.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

At 14-0 it felt like like a 35-0 rout. We don't have the ammo to rally. No one in our wr core scares anyone. Schaub isn't a gunslinger.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #14
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately for the texans, they are even worse defensively when behind. They have been fortunate to be ahead in so many games that opposing teams have abandoned the run.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
At 14-0 it felt like like a 35-0 rout. We don't have the ammo to rally. No one in our wr core scares anyone. Schaub isn't a gunslinger.
and we don't have enough protection to let long non-tricky play action plays develop plus we don't have any over the top speed seeping out like the Packers do....especially since Andre doesn't look like he can break away anymore.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man it was over when the scripted plays went three and out.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #17
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

this passing offense is adequate but not as lethal as it used to be.

dre is not playing like a top 5 wr. this receiving core doesn't scare anybody.

i told myself that the great thing about the texans "balanced"offense is if you shut down the run they can still throw it on you but i may be wrong.

it looks pretty meh when they play disciplined defenses that don't get fooled off misdirection
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read