Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #21
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5-0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
its true tho right now the AFC is a mess every team has 3 losses cept the Texans and ravens
Hey buddy, try a different website (like NFL.com) that has more accurate standings.
Old 10-12-2012   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You play the team that's in front of you every week. If we've played no one then we should be 5-0 right? Well, we're 5-0 so I don't see the problem. When we face a team with a winning record they'll be playing one too. How many of their wins "don't matter" because they came against bad teams?

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.
agreed...The Patriots steamroll the hapless Bills and the can't get out of my own way Dolphins 4 times each year....you just gotta roll over the bad teams and beat the good ones. That's just how its done.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

History shows that bad teams can beat good teams. Happens all the time. I just think back to 2006 when the 6-10 Texans finally beat the eventual Super Bowl champion Colts on Christmas eve.

THAT WAS OUR SUPER BOWL!!! hehe
Old 10-12-2012   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You play the team that's in front of you every week. If we've played no one then we should be 5-0 right? Well, we're 5-0 so I don't see the problem. When we face a team with a winning record they'll be playing one too. How many of their wins "don't matter" because they came against bad teams?

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.
Yup.

I posted this in a thread in the NFL section. The following is the collective number of wins of all the teams each of the top ranked teams has beaten:

Atlanta - 9
Houston - 9
San Francisco - 7
Baltimore - 7
Old 10-14-2012   #25
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
Everyone is saying we only 5-0 becuase we played horrible teams. But that same titan team we destroyed out right out played ben and beat the steelers..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..
The only thing that any team can do is play the schedule that's been given to them, so it's great that we are 5-0, but those opponents are 8-17. That is admittedly pretty weak.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Really good teams squash mediocre to bad competition repeatedly. If there were gigantic glaring weaknesses it would be case for all the "concern" threads popping up, but there's really not.
Old 10-14-2012   #27
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

5-0 is an accomplishment in the NFL, regardless of who you play. The toughest part of our schedule is still to come. Just beat the team on the field, that's all that matters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #28
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
5-0 is an accomplishment in the NFL, regardless of who you play. The toughest part of our schedule is still to come. Just beat the team on the field, that's all that matters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, definitely agree.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This mental concept of going 1-0 each week and not worrying about the schedule seems to be working. We will not go 16-0 this year, but each win puts us ahead in the playoff season scheduling. That Patsies game is going to be a very important game in that regard.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #30
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 4499 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This mental concept of going 1-0 each week and not worrying about the schedule seems to be working. We will not go 16-0 this year, but each win puts us ahead in the playoff season scheduling. That Patsies game is going to be a very important game in that regard.
Why not I say, it isn't like it is impossible. I perfer to be optimistic about it. The narrative works better as undefeated Texans. At least in my world, during this season it does.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #31
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I maybe biased, but watching the Ravens Cowboys game this week gave me confidence that we are significantly better than the Ravens. The Ravens defense is just not as scary as it used to be and Flacco is Flacco. I'd say that the only thing the Ravens are better at is Special teams (ugh, Jacoby is better than what we've got right now).

I'm also not that convinced that the Falcons are as great as their record shows. They have struggled against the Raiders and Carolina, both teams that are not all that great. I do think SF is the best team in the NFC and have been dominant in most of their games.

Only time will tell, that's why they play the games, but my guess is that the Falcons are going to hit a few game losing streak, and SF will have a better record at the end of the regular season
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #32
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

WEEK ONE
WIN: 30-10
RECORD: 1-O

3-3 w/wins over Raiders, Bengals & Rams
Top 10 NFL ranking in Off. Rushing Yards per game
#1 NFL ranking in Rushing Yards allowed per game

WEEK TWO
WIN: 27-7
RECORD: 2-0

1-4 w/win over Colts
32nd in NFL stats in almost everything--they suck!

WEEK THREE
WIN: 31-25
RECORD: 3-0

2-3 w/wins over Steelers & Raiders
Top 10 NFL ranking in: Pts per game, Off. yds per game, Off. passing yds per game

WEEK FOUR
WIN: 38-14
RECORD: 4-0

2-4 w/wins over Lions & Steelers
15th in NFL in Off. Passing yds per game

WEEK FIVE
WIN: 24-17
RECORD: 5-0

3-3 w/wins over Bills, Dolphins & Colts
5th in NFL in Def. Passing yds allowed

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
Why not I say, it isn't like it is impossible. I perfer to be optimistic about it. The narrative works better as undefeated Texans. At least in my world, during this season it does.
You don't have to be 16-0 to win a Super Bowl, which is all that matters. Besides, 16-0 is to much of a mental strain. What we need to shoot for is home field advantage in the playoffs and take it from there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #34
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 4499 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You don't have to be 16-0 to win a Super Bowl, which is all that matters. Besides, 16-0 is to much of a mental strain. What we need to shoot for is home field advantage in the playoffs and take it from there.
Well it is impossible to go undefeated now. Still optimistic about the team. I know what you were saying. I was just feeling literal that day.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read