Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012   #1541
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Oh but it is or it wouldn't have been brought back up 10 months later at the first incident of a Texans loss. I wonder if it was bookmarked
Nah, easily found. It's actually one of the longest threads ever on this board, which reflects the fact that it's not a topic that Kubiak has made us forget. Pretty easy to find.

And I have a pretty good record of posting exactly what I mean. This is not about one game.
Old 10-15-2012   #1542
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Against a 5-1 Ravens team just as banged up as we are? I'd imagine they'll play much better and win. We can limp into the bye week with a 6-1 record and the 1st seed in the AFC. I'll take it at this point.
I think everyone would be happy about 6-1 any ways. I'm not really scared or worried about the Ravens.
Old 10-15-2012   #1543
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think everyone would be happy about 6-1 any ways. I'm not really scared or worried about the Ravens.
We'll get slaughtered by the Bears and Pats on the road. Idk if it's just the media attention or the stage of MNF/SNF, but we didn't play well last week on MNF either against the Jets.
Old 10-15-2012   #1544
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
We'll get slaughtered by the Bears and Pats on the road playing like we did tonight.
Yep.

We'll lose to anyone playing like we did tonight. Also all the dumb penalties that extended dead drives really killed this team (Of course, stupid kubiak telling Barwin to display his wicked vertical on that FG try!)
Old 10-15-2012   #1545
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Whatever man. Dude looked like he was in a funk before the game ever started and I made note of it. Game began and what do you know, he played like he was in a funk.

All I'm saying.
He just might have sensed that the team was ripe for getting their asses kicked.

Schaub is a smart guy. Very intuitive. Has his finger on the slow, lethargic pulse of this Kubiak-led team (LOL).

I bet that funk you're referring to was him knowing that his buddies were not ready for this. That failure was about to ensue. It started last Monday night when guys like AJ and Walter dogged a couple of routes on separate plays, IMO. Schaub probably felt like the mojo had been "off" ever since last Monday night, and he felt it was really REALLY off tonight.

Kubiak isn't taking risks lately, he's lulled himself into thinking he can squeak by a team like GB after having slow-motioned it with the previous inferior teams, almost getting caught by the Jets (which was false confidence he didn't need to feel this week, btw). He does this on the field, too, putting up a 3 & out when we're within our own 10 yard line...then the other team scores a TD off a short field and whattya' know??? We come back and look like our old selves in the next possession.

That's why I say that Gary, the HEAD COACH, is the blame here. He has instilled in this team a confidence, but it has a catch to it--The team has believed that the defense can bail out the offense every game, almost at will, and that's given the offense a laziness IMO. They have a bad series? Oh well, Wade's defense will get us the ball back. No problem! Oops.

All in all, this was a country ass-whuppin' that didn't have to happen, but it did. Gary could have come out, ran the ball down their throats, and things might have turned out differently. But what did Gary do? Two straight passes to open the game and two scrambles and throw-aways by Schaub, setting the tone for the evening...

The hilarity ensued from there. This team has to have a head coach who can sense his team's mojo is off, and so the HC must spend the week figuring out ways to get the mojo back and keep them from embarrassing themselves on national TV. Instead, the slow and steady "we just have to do what we know we are capable of" attitude kept everybody from being REALISTS with themselves.

The only way Gary can keep up the same old "we just have to do what we know we are capable of" attitude is precisely because he has a defense who can allow him to do that still, and tonight that ace-in-the-hole card wasn't even in the deck to begin with. It went AWOL tonight. And Gary should have found ways to get a better hand than the one he played.

And hats off to GB for manning up and kicking our ass. They deserved the win. We didn't lose this game, they WON it. Congrats to them. They played well.
Old 10-15-2012   #1546
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And he doesn't need to be fired.

We're dancing with the one who brung us, and he's the guy daddy McNair chose for us to go to the dance with. So smile real big, and grab his hand and dance with him already. He's your date for the evening. Get over it.

Last thing we need is to have arguments over this, precisely because it's not even gonna' happen. Not in a million years. He's signed on to an extension, he's McNair's guy, and this is just a hiccup that will pass (hopefully).

What we need to pray for is that the offense realizes it has to hit a new level within itself, and do it NOW. Not a few weeks from now. I am hoping Matt Schaub is disgusted with it all and that he finds a way to lead the guys out of the funk that started brewing last Monday night.

There is some cronyism going on, though, that will be hard to overcome:

1. Kubiak's loyalty to his special teams coach...which means Marciano ain't going anywhere, either, and this season will be a Marciano special teams group all year long. I don't even think he'd get canned after this year, tbh.

2. Wade's love for Bradie James and Connor Barwin. For whatever reason, Wade has married himself to those two guys despite them never really impacting the game much at all. I'll throw in Alan Ball, too. Loyalty makes guys blind to reality, and I still cannot see why Barwin--6 games into the year--is being kept out there as much as Wade has him out there.

It's not the end of the world, but it stings to see the winning streak halted like THIS. Lose by a FG, or even one TD? Fine. Get torched on primetime? Not OK.
Old 10-15-2012   #1547
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
All in all, this was a country ass-whuppin' that didn't have to happen, but it did. Gary could have come out, ran the ball down their throats, and things might have turned out differently. But what did Gary do? Two straight passes to open the game and two scrambles and throw-aways by Schaub, setting the tone for the evening...
I agree, we SHOULD have been able to run it down their throats. But we weren't able to. Foster ran the ball 17 times for an average of 1.7 ypc. So what makes you think we would have been able to run on them at all?
Old 10-15-2012   #1548
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I agree, we SHOULD have been able to run it down their throats. But we weren't able to. Foster ran the ball 17 times for an average of 1.7 ypc. So what makes you think we would have been able to run on them at all?
You have to make a solid commitment to run the ball. Period.

The O-Line has to line up in 1st down on the first play of the game, and they have to be of the mindset that their RB (Foster) is going to get 3 or 4 yards on this play no matter what happens.

Then on 2nd down, whatever play is called, they have to perform their roles perfectly and hope the QB and/or RB/WR perform theirs perfectly, as well.

And so the momentum is built.

But tonight? Kubiak tried to cash in YET ANOTHER play action pass on the very first play and the Packers called that bluff. And so the panic set in. On second down? Same thing. Same results.

It's like Kubiak was thrown completely off balance because his script wasn't working. Everybody flinched. EVERYBODY. Posey offsides. Packers score a TD immediately. 3 and out for us. Packers score a TD. Fumbled snap. Stupid penalty on Barwin? First down. Penalty on Manning for punching. Busted coverages on crucial 3rd down...TD Packers. I can't name them all.

He might want to develop a new strategy for the opening possessions vs the Ravens, or we're going to be 5-2 very quickly. This is HIS team, and he sort of mailed this in tonight, IMO.

Wade laid an egg, too, but this whole team is Gary's. He should have seen the signs that were being posted as far back as last Monday night. This team was showing signs of nodding off last Monday night.
Old 10-15-2012   #1549
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have to make a solid commitment to run the ball. Period.

The O-Line has to line up in 1st down on the first play of the game, and they have to be of the mindset that their RB (Foster) is going to get 3 or 4 yards on this play no matter what happens.

Then on 2nd down, whatever play is called, they have to perform their roles perfectly and hope the QB and/or RB/WR perform theirs perfectly, as well.

And so the momentum is built.

But tonight? Kubiak tried to cash in YET ANOTHER play action pass on the very first play and the Packers called that bluff. And so the panic set in. On second down? Same thing. Same results.

It's like Kubiak was thrown completely off balance because his script wasn't working. Everybody flinched. EVERYBODY. Posey offsides. Packers score a TD immediately. 3 and out for us. Packers score a TD. Fumbled snap. Stupid penalty on Barwin? First down. Penalty on Manning for punching. Busted coverages on crucial 3rd down...TD Packers. I can't name them all.

He might want to develop a new strategy for the opening possessions vs the Ravens, or we're going to be 5-2 very quickly. This is HIS team, and he sort of mailed this in tonight, IMO.

Wade laid an egg, too, but this whole team is Gary's. He should have seen the signs that were being posted as far back as last Monday night. This team was showing signs of nodding off last Monday night.
Sure, I'm with you that I would have like to have seen Kubiak try to establish the run early. But I don't think things would have been different if he did. Texans struggled to run on the Packers, I don't think it would have made a difference if we started off the game running.

This was by far the worst game of the season for the OL. Quite surprising considering all of the injuries on GB's side. They couldn't run block and struggled with pass pro. For supposedly one of the best OLs in the league, they failed to show up today.
Old 10-15-2012   #1550
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Sure, I'm with you that I would have like to have seen Kubiak try to establish the run early. But I don't think things would have been different if he did. Texans struggled to run on the Packers, I don't think it would have made a difference if we started off the game running.

This was by far the worst game of the season for the OL. Quite surprising considering all of the injuries on GB's side. They couldn't run block and struggled with pass pro. For supposedly one of the best OLs in the league, they failed to show up today.
But the problem of pass pro, IMO, was due to not establishing an early run game.

In that sense, the Texans invited the Packers to blitz like maniacs all night long.

There should have been sweeps, RB screen plays galore, draw plays, shovel passes, reverses to Keshawn, everything in the book thrown at the Packers.

Kubiak just wanted to gunsling and forgot who he was playing. Period. And then our defense acted like they wouldn't decide if they were going to play the run or the pass the whole game. One defense looked sure of what they wanted to accomplish, the other? Nope.

One offense set out to pass on the defense and succeeded. The other set to to pass and couldn't get it done.

Kubiak picked a poison and he chose the wrong one. It backfired tonight.
Old 10-15-2012   #1551
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But the problem of pass pro, IMO, was due to not establishing an early run game.

In that sense, the Texans invited the Packers to blitz like maniacs all night long.

There should have been sweeps, RB screen plays galore, draw plays, shovel passes, reverses to Keshawn, everything in the book thrown at the Packers.

Kubiak just wanted to gunsling and forgot who he was playing. Period. And then our defense acted like they wouldn't decide if they were going to play the run or the pass the whole game. One defense looked sure of what they wanted to accomplish, the other? Nope.

One offense set out to pass on the defense and succeeded. The other set to to pass and couldn't get it done.

Kubiak picked a poison and he chose the wrong one. It backfired tonight.
Which reminds me... where's the Wade bashing? The defense gave up 6 passing TDs, a backup RB had an effective game today, and with Watt being doubled, there was no pass rush. I thought that OL had trouble protecting Rodgers all season? Why is Kubiak only getting all of the blame?
Old 10-15-2012   #1552
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd like to know what kind of conversation Gary had with Wade. That's going to tell us whether or not he has what it takes to be a head coach.

If he has the talk with Wade that he needs to have, the same talk he needs to have with his OC, and a step change is made, then that's what a HC is supposed to do.

If he can't bring himself to talk to Wade, to provide critique, for whatever reason (he's scared, or he has no influence on Wade since McNair hired him) then we're going to go the way of Wade's Dallas Cowboys.

How are we going to know if Kubiak had that discussion with Wade? Most likely we won't. But when he still talks about being a head coach in the media... kinda lets you know. When you see our defensive stars mocking the other team with the discount double check & the predator... kinda lets you know.

But the Seahawks beat the Patriots today.
Old 10-15-2012   #1553
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'd like to know what kind of conversation Gary had with Wade. That's going to tell us whether or not he has what it takes to be a head coach.

If he has the talk with Wade that he needs to have, the same talk he needs to have with his OC, and a step change is made, then that's what a HC is supposed to do.

If he can't bring himself to talk to Wade, to provide critique, for whatever reason (he's scared, or he has no influence on Wade since McNair hired him) then we're going to go the way of Wade's Dallas Cowboys.

How are we going to know if Kubiak had that discussion with Wade? Most likely we won't. But when he still talks about being a head coach in the media... kinda lets you know. When you see our defensive stars mocking the other team with the discount double check & the predator... kinda lets you know.

What??
Old 10-15-2012   #1554
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All that needs to be said is,

Gary is who we thought he was.

Gary growing as a HC = LOL
Old 10-15-2012   #1555
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense was all over the place, refs (and the commentators of NBC) were getting off their knees just long enough from blowing Aaron Rodgers to say how much the Texans suck and it was as much a Packer win as it was a Texan breakdown in communication. One loss does not obliterate the entire season.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 10-15-2012   #1556
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

QFT.

All of it.
Old 10-15-2012   #1557
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
All that needs to be said is,

Gary is who we thought he was.

Gary growing as a HC = LOL
Exactly.

I'm not saying we should fire Gary right now. Obviously that would be idiotic to do when you are a 5-1 football team. But Gary has improved?!? In what ways exactly?

The only improvement I am seeing is he actually has a decent defensive coordinator now. Other than that, he is making the same kind of mistakes he made in year one with the Texans and most of us are aware of exactly what those mistakes are.

I think it's time we change Gary's name to Turtle.

I'm not saying we can't win with Gary Kubiak as head coach. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable if a guy like Chucky was at the helm.
Old 10-15-2012   #1558
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to wonder if there was any way short of going 16-0 that this thread/sentiment wouldn't have been brought up. It's shocking how one loss (as bad as it is) considering the level of talent and competition in the league can send people on tilt
Old 10-15-2012   #1559
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Last night really bothered me. I remember back in 2002 going to a signing event with Corey Bradford. There was a huge line and the Texans had just been beaten by somebody. I don't remember what I said to him but I remember him telling me "No man, we let all ya'll down Sunday". He looked genuinely sorry that they hadn't been able to keep up with whoever it was the beat them. I told him that they didn't let anybody down and that things would get better.

Last night this group of Texans with a handful of exceptions genuinely let us down. I think of Jack Pardee's hyper-talented Oilers teams that didn't play up to their ability and that's what was on display last night. The previous 5 weeks it was mostly playing precise careful, winning football. Last night was undisciplined crap.
Old 10-15-2012   #1560
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

16 and 7 over our last 23 games. 13 and 4 when our starting qb plays. Our recent history is anything but mediocre. We lost to a great team than needed to prove a point after starting out poorly. We were coming off a short week. Teams lose!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read