Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012   #1221
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans. 7:20. 10/14. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That wasn't really "doors blown off", you know.
They were down 24-3 at 1 point i believe...thats getting your doors blown off. Especially when you consider that SF has/had the best defense....& they'd just come off of dominating gb at home.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1222
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans. 7:20. 10/14. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah i dont think we gave up 40 just because cushing was out. What happened to these amazing CBs everyone was talking about.
kj was glued to his man, an elite quarterback came in here and put the ball where he wanted.. jjo looked slow.. you play press rodgers goes deep, you give cushion, and he picks you apart with 3 step drops.. the luxury of a capable qb..

rodgers isnt a qb that has to take what you give him, he can throw guys open, he has a rocket arm that threads needles effortlessly..

cushing would have made little difference.. offense doesnt respond its a recipe for disaster.. teams know our gameplan if they can execute their defense schaub and kubes are incapable of plan b.. as we all saw when schaub threw the ball into the ground because the screen wasnt there.. conceding plays, draws on 3rd and long..

throw the ****ing ball downfield.. good things happen when you throw it deep, refs like to glag PI for tickytack stuff..
Old 10-14-2012   #1223
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
You don't have a real ilb or a ilb that can cover so you start dropping Quinn in and Nolan now playing fs.

Mike
Quinn has been dropping down to lb every game since last year.

Gb played a lot of 3 wide and when we go nickel and dime Quinn drops down.

That's not new.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1224
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Quinn has been dropping down to lb every game since last year.

Gb played a lot of 3 wide and when we go nickel and dime Quinn drops down.

That's not new.
so then why was the result different?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1225
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
henne, tannehill, locker, freeman, gabbert, dalton, collins, sanchez, etc
Old 10-14-2012   #1226
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
kj was glued to his man, an elite quarterback came in here and put the ball where he wanted.. jjo looked slow.. you play press rodgers goes deep, you give cushion, and he picks you apart with 3 step drops.. the luxury of a capable qb..

rodgers isnt a qb that has to take what you give him, he can throw guys open, he has a rocket arm that threads needles effortlessly..

cushing would have made little difference.. offense doesnt respond its a recipe for disaster.. teams know our gameplan if they can execute their defense schaub and kubes are incapable of plan b.. as we all saw when schaub threw the ball into the ground because the screen wasnt there.. conceding plays, draws on 3rd and long..

throw the ****ing ball downfield.. good things happen when you throw it deep, refs like to glag PI for tickytack stuff..
Arm chair qb-ing at its finest.. CM3 was giving brown the business all game. Do you really want schaub holding the ball longer to where he'd eventually come up with a strip sack? I saw at least twice where AJ Hawk shot the A gap and was in schaub's face before he even got to the top of his drop.

Bottom line is we couldnt hold up long enough in pass pro to get the ball downfield......not to mention our plethora of recieving threats, or lack thereof anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1227
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Maybe theres something to that Aaron Rodgers guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1228
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
Well actually we're 5-1.

Come on, man.
I blame Logitech for putting the 4 and 5 right next to each other on my keyboard and accept no liability.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1229
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Do you think his goal was to get a penalty?
Of course not, his goal was obviously to hit the guy on top of him to get that guy to get off of him. If Manning couldn't think of any better way to do that then so be it. Enjoy your penalty Mr. Manning.
Old 10-15-2012   #1230
Premier
All Pro

**** this ****

Last edited by Premier; 10-15-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1231
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 31768 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
no i want a qb that can extend a play so i dont have to hear you guys make excuses for him every game. when rodgers wa sunder pressure he escaped, didnt concede sacks and made a play.. mis me with the excuses i understand the pressure, all qbs will be underpressure.. make a effin play..

been hearing the same bs excuses for years now, its never on schaub though.. o line wasnt perfect enough, receivers weren't running perfect routes, run game wasnt moving perfectly.. seems like the rest of the team has to be perfect for this guy to be "elite"..
But this goes back to the same old sh!t. Give me one option to legitimately replace Schaub and I'm all ears. Otherwise there is zero point to zinging our QB. I might not like that Schaub got signed to an extension. You might like it. To you Kubes might be a great coach. To me he might be crap. But there's no amount of grousing that can change that...especially when there is no other option at QB. Not now. Not a few years ago...and not in the forseeable future.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1232
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still trying to figure out how that PI on Kareem was PI. Dude didn't look back and even though he didn't actually hinder the WR from catching the ball illegally, just because he didn't look back that's enough to throw the flag? Pathetic.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1233
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i watch a lot of football and see a lot of qb's in the nfl that are way worse than schaub so excuse me if i don't understand the schuab hate.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1234
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Still trying to figure out how that PI on Kareem was PI. Dude didn't look back and even though he didn't actually hinder the WR from catching the ball illegally, just because he didn't look back that's enough to throw the flag? Pathetic.

I know i dont get that rule do u have to look back every time ???????

i thought u can have your back to the ball but u cant touch the reciver ????????? not even lay one finger on him ..... i think cause he had his arm on the inside of the recivers arms i think u have to have your arms on the outside of his arms if your not looking back

either way i dont even think he touched him
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1235
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He interfered with Jones. He never looked back, and his hand has brushing up against Jones' face mask.

Was it "the most obvious P.I. of all time"? No. It was minor.

But Jones was coming back to the ball, and KJ kept running and never turned around and there was minimal contact between the two.

I hoped we wouldn't get flagged for it, but upon the replay in slow motion I told my wife that amazingly the refs got it right. I hated it, because it meant bad things for us, but it was not an atrocious call. I think some crews might let that go, this crew did not.

We got a similar call go our way, IIRC, later on. Felt like a make-up call to me. Even'd it out, so to speak.

Who the hell cares anyways, that didn't decide the game that's for damn sure.
Old 10-15-2012   #1236
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey all you who think i jinxed the game
Kiss my backside i was there till the bitter end while you were home spanking it

So we need to get ready to pluck the Ravens
Old 10-15-2012   #1237
2002whitegt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe I stayed up till 6am to watch the Texans lay that turd of a game.

both the Texans lines got manhandled, except for Watt of course.

Oh well, I hope they got all the suck out of their system this game. On to Baltimore.
2002whitegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #1238
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems to me that the usimg of the title jinxed the game cut and paste

Seems that you leave my thread then we win just saying CAK is to blame
Old 10-15-2012   #1239
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, that sucked! Better to get it out of our system against good NFC opposition than against the AFC Ravens...need to pick ourselves up, dust off and bury that game in the ground where it belongs. We beat the Ravens and we are 1 and 0 again...thats the way to look at it, 1 game at a time.
Old 10-15-2012   #1240
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He interfered with Jones. He never looked back, and his hand has brushing up against Jones' face mask.

Was it "the most obvious P.I. of all time"? No. It was minor.

But Jones was coming back to the ball, and KJ kept running and never turned around and there was minimal contact between the two.

I hoped we wouldn't get flagged for it, but upon the replay in slow motion I told my wife that amazingly the refs got it right. I hated it, because it meant bad things for us, but it was not an atrocious call. I think some crews might let that go, this crew did not.

We got a similar call go our way, IIRC, later on. Felt like a make-up call to me. Even'd it out, so to speak.

Who the hell cares anyways, that didn't decide the game that's for damn sure.
Yup, the right call.
Faceguarding is illegal.
KJ has gotta turn around and play the ball.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read