Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 33525 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

BRAHMAN with the BLOCKED PUNT for a TD.

He's just intense, all the way around!!!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #22
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin actually looked better then he has all season at least twice he should of had a sack but couldn't finish that happens. Antonio hasn't done a damn thing been disappointing so far this yr. Reed has got pressure got some sacks and besides that he doesn't always rush we use him to cover Te's or Rb's. Mercilus hell he doesn't even see the field.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #23
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Barwin actually looked better then he has all season at least twice he should of had a sack but couldn't finish that happens. Antonio hasn't done a damn thing been disappointing so far this yr. Reed has got pressure got some sacks and besides that he doesn't always rush we use him to cover Te's or Rb's. Mercilus hell he doesn't even see the field.
Whatever good Barwin did today was negated by his silly pointless jump that took away a defensive stop. Instead Manning had to show that he could make a more boneheaded play and the Packers ended with 7.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watt might have you spoiled a bit. Interior d linemen don't usually get a bunch of sacks. Antonio has been fine. Hes pushed the pocket and has gotten good pressure.

Barwin has done some good things liked tipped passes, but in this defense his primary job as wolb is to rush the passer. He's not been good at that. He's not getting doubled. They aren't paying a bunch of attention to him. He's just not been great at bringing pressure.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #25
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Whatever good Barwin did today was negated by his silly pointless jump that took away a defensive stop. Instead Manning had to show that he could make a more boneheaded play and the Packers ended with 7.
Agree
Old 10-14-2012   #26
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 33525 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Watt might have you spoiled a bit. Interior d linemen don't usually get a bunch of sacks. Antonio has been fine. Hes pushed the pocket and has gotten good pressure.

Barwin has done some good things liked tipped passes, but in this defense his primary job as wolb is to rush the passer. He's not been good at that. He's not getting doubled. They aren't paying a bunch of attention to him. He's just not been great at bringing pressure.
Hence the reason so many believe that HE SUCKS!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't really care about sack numbers completely. I just want to see constant pressure. Sacks have always been somewhat of an overrated stat to some degree. QB hurries is the real indicator. I'm not saying that Barwin is playing just fine, but what the hell is going on with this rookie? This Mercilous guy doesn't seem to have any confidence at all from the coaching staff.

I'm with you on the sacks. I just want consistent pressure.

Thing is though, it's week 6. If you have been at least getting good pressure consistently you'd have more than the amount of sacks you and I have combined.

Damn, can I just see half a sack?
Old 10-14-2012   #28
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:

Trust me I know, I've been a Antonio fan since he came here I don't expect him to get 10 plus sacks but he is good enough to get a sack every two games he isn't even close to playing up to years past.

Ask for Barwin I'm not one of these fans who expected Barwin to replicate last yrs numbers, nor do I constantly trash him its going to be wk.6 he will come around.
Old 10-14-2012   #29
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Hence the reason so many believe that HE SUCKS!
at least we aren't paying this ******* hipster. Feel free to go play for san fran and talk crap like Babin.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #30
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm with you on the sacks. I just want consistent pressure.

Thing is though, it's week 6. If you have been at least getting good pressure consistently you'd have more than the amount of sacks you and I have combined.

Damn, can I just see half a sack?
Agree 100%
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #31
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin has been partying it up WAY too much. I was scared this would happen, he is basically a regular on Washington.
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trust me I know, I've been a Antonio fan since he came here I don't expect him to get 10 plus sacks but he is good enough to get a sack every two games he isn't even close to playing up to years past.

Ask for Barwin I'm not one of these fans who expected Barwin to replicate last yrs numbers, nor do I constantly trash him its going to be wk.6 he will come around.
I didn't expect barwin to be this mediocre. I thought he was at least above average.

Barwin had a little less than half his sacks in one game last year so i didn't think hed be some dominant force, but damn...

He's not even playing at sidekick level right now. Forget about robin, he's barely even Alfred.
Old 10-14-2012   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Looking at the replay. I think manning,was more like "tapping" out and not punching but was a trying to say that the guy needs to get up fast, his leg was pinned awkwardly.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #34
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Looking at the replay. I think manning,was more like "tapping" out and not punching but was a trying to say that the guy needs to get up fast, his leg was pinned awkwardly.
I agree, except you don't tap out with a clinched fist...

He'll get a fine for that...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #35
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I agree, except you don't tap out with a clinched fist...

He'll get a fine for that...
I thought he had an open hand And did three quick taps when I saw it. I could have been wrong
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Barwin , Mercilus , and Braman have the same number of sacks .

Indeed but one of them is getting a lot of chances to make his number go up while the other two are not. I'd kind of like to see Mercilus play more too. It's not like Conner is having a repeat of his 2011 campaign. He's actually looking a lot more like he did in 2010 when he was on the sideline hurt. At least in terms of sacks.
Old 10-15-2012   #37
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Green Bay RT is absolutely terrible and Brooks Reed did nothing against him... Both OLB are really struggling against even bad players.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #38
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this was a total team loss... but if I had to stick this loss on one person, it would be Connor Barwin. In this defense, Connor plays the position that is supposed to constantly put pressure on the QB. He hasn't done it all season, and today, it cost us greatly.

In order to beat the elite QBs in this league, our front four HAS to be able to pressure the QB. You saw what happened today when we blitz and put single coverage on the receivers. An elite QB, and a good receiver, will win ALL the time. Even though the DB had good single coverage alot of times, Rodgers put the ball right on the money, and the receivers made great catches.

And when the Texans didn't blitz, the Pack simply doubled Watt, and Rodgers had all day to throw. You can't give these QBs all day to throw because someone will eventually get open.

Connor is supposed to be a Pro-Bowl pass rusher, so he needs to start acting like one. He even actually had a chance at a sack, but probably shocked himself that he touched a QB, and forgot to finish the tackle.

If we want to make it to the Super Bowl, we'll have to be elite QBs, so Connor is going to have to figure it out. Or we at least need Mercilus show us why he was highly touted.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #39
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't expect barwin to be this mediocre. I thought he was at least above average.

Barwin had a little less than half his sacks in one game last year so i didn't think hed be some dominant force, but damn...

He's not even playing at sidekick level right now. Forget about robin, he's barely even Alfred.
Hahaha I hear ya still plenty of season left. worst case scenario if he doesn't produce saves us money for not resigning him to use on GQ and players for next yr.
Old 10-15-2012   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

With Cushing out the two best players in this front7 are 3-4 DE's (Watt and Smith). With no edge rush its hard to beat great passing offenses.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read