Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ugly

We got or ass kick, Coming off a short week playing a really good team that needed(and wanted) the win more than we did, I guess it was somewhat expected.

Couple of things that bothered me the most.

-There were a couple of play calls I did'nt like. Kicking a field goal close to the half when it was obvious field goals were not going to win that game. The draws and screens on third and long are ok when we have the lead, not sure about them when we really need some first downs.

- Having to hear how we got out classed by Chris Collinsworth was a little much. It's the nfl and teams lose. Did Green Bay just get out classed in the 3 games they lost? Did San Francisco get out classed today? They were more prepared tonight and it showed I don't think that means we are not in the same league as that team. At least I hope it does'nt.

I live in Utah now so I don't get to go to many games but next week is my first in a couple of years. Hopefully they are as pissed as I am about this loss and we return the favor against Baltimore.
Old 10-14-2012   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ugly

chris collinsworth was hilarious.

is this the real texans?
texans cant do blank when their misdirection doesnt work.
texans looked good because of the competition they played.

collinsworth not sold on texans lol.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
chris collinsworth was hilarious.

is this the real texans?
texans cant do blank when their misdirection doesnt work.
texans looked good because of the competition they played.

collinsworth not sold on texans lol.
Chris can take his head on that turkey neck of his and shove it his ass. That guy will call a couple of decent games and then he turns in to Chucky for one. The Texans played like crap the last thing we needed was his man love for the Packers on full display.
Old 10-15-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Our limitations really showed today on offense. Big problem, QB. There are a few things that Schaub does as well if not better than many QBs in the league. But there are things that every other QB can do that Matt has no clue..... the fade. Twice he tried to throw a fade to the corner of the end zone.... on a rope. Our player had no chance of ever catching that ball. Of course, I'm most likely looking at it wrong & the receiver should have been on the inside. Then the back shoulder throw. Rookies are throwing the back shoulder with ease. Tony Romo is throwing the back shoulder at least twice a qtr.

Today, we saw what we normally see when Andre isn't in the game.

Except Andre was in the game. If this is the new Andre, if he can't explode up the field like he used to, we're in trouble unless Matt learns to throw the back shoulder pass.

We couldn't run the ball, because we had 11 guys within 10 yards of the LOS. No one was worried about the deep ball today.

It was nice to see KeyMart get more involved in the game, when we had Andre, KeyMart, & whatever other receiver/TE combination on the field, we were able to move the ball like the Texans.

But we don't have the time, or the luxury to work these guys into the offense. If Andre has played his best days, these kids need to be worked into the offense now. Now.
Old 10-15-2012   #5
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Chris can take his head on that turkey neck of his and shove it his ass. That guy will call a couple of decent games and then he turns in to Chucky for one. The Texans played like crap the last thing we needed was his man love for the Packers on full display.
I have a strong dislike for Cris Collinsworthless. I used to love watching Fox NFL Sunday and see Terry get into it Collinsworthless (or was it Howie?). Whatever the case was, I was all but elated when Cris got moved to game coverage, or whatever it was that he started doing. Then I was sad again when I watched SNF and heard his dumbass voice making comments.

You know, John Madden would state the obvious and at times just say dumb stuff, but he's a good guy. Collinsworthless seems to be a prima donna that wants everyone to like him, but always annoys the eff out of everyone.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole night had a weird vibe to it. The late kick-off, all the bright pink. Visited some friends in the Red Lot, entered the stadium from the north instead of the south. Normally I tailgate in the Platinum Lot. I never felt comfortable the entire night. Did not feel like a football game to me. I prefer Sunday kick-offs at noon.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Both offense and defense were slow off the ball. Both guards were getting beat, and Raji wasn't even in the game.

While the absence of Cushing was expected to throw things out of sync, we should never expect the team to be unprepared for a home game in primetime. This was on the coach.

Between the Longhorns and the Texans, it's a tough week to be a football fan.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #8
Pictavia
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respected

Had to stay awake until 5am to watch this Texans train wreck of a game. On the brighter side everything that could go wrong went wrong. I fully expect that lessons will be learned and "gifting" teams the opportunity to win games by an epidemic of stupidity and bad calls will not happen again. The Ravens game will be different.
Pictavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else get the feeling that Aaron Rodgers was wearing earplugs? The first part of the game was Houston Texan style loud, yet Rodgers was playing as though is was as quiet as the library. This guy was so smooth it was embarrassing.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Did anyone else get the feeling that Aaron Rodgers was wearing earplugs? The first part of the game was Houston Texan style loud, yet Rodgers was playing as though is was as quiet as the library. This guy was so smooth it was embarrassing.
Why would he be wearing ear plugs? There was as many Pack fans there, they probably thought it was a home game. During the game, Collinsworth said Rodgers said, "We feel like we're the favorites, I guarantee you they feel like we're the favorites going into their house."

It probably felt like a home game to them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read