Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-23-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pick 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really wish the Pick'em league required people to pick at least two underdogs. Some people are just constantly going with the favorites, and that's pretty lame. Might as well play against a computer.
That wasn't a solid strategy last Sunday. A few of the faves lost.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That wasn't a solid strategy last Sunday. A few of the faves lost.
More than a couple...I was destroyed yesterday. Tons of upsets....wasn't a good day for my football internet games like Pick'em, but I can't lie...I enjoyed the hell out of the games yesterday. It will take a few more weeks for the league to sort itself out for this season...whodathunk the Cards would beat the Pats and the Eagles back to back? Vikes over the 9ers? man, Ponder sure looked good, but we saw his potential when he played us. Great weekend....all the upsets are good for the league.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #43
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is all i have left.... 2 strikes in survival, and my fantasy team just got balsted with injuries.... Im just glad everyone had a bad round that time...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

25 right after 3 weeks is probably my worst showing in quite a while, but I can see we all are having issues.

Like Vinny, I love the upsets, provided Houston win the games they should . It keeps us all guessing which is a lot of fun, pick 'em or no pick 'em.
Old 09-26-2012   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
25 right after 3 weeks is probably my worst showing in quite a while, but I can see we all are having issues.

Like Vinny, I love the upsets, provided Houston win the games they should . It keeps us all guessing which is a lot of fun, pick 'em or no pick 'em.
I think this has been an awesome start to the season outside of the replacement ref bs...I had Seattle Monday night so that sure was a wild ride. In the survivor I had Indy....damn that Indy defense.

Old 09-29-2012   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I keep forgetting to pick the Thursday night game...ugh.

Old 09-30-2012   #47
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Pencil Neck. With the short FG kick by the Giants he gets the win for the week (oops, for now).

13 good picks with Monday still to come. Great job.
Old 10-01-2012   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Congrats to Pencil Neck. With the short FG kick by the Giants he gets the win for the week (oops, for now).

13 good picks with Monday still to come. Great job.
hell of a week...I'm still trying to figure out myth from fact

Old 10-04-2012   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, I'm not going to forget to make my pick for tonight. I have taken an X the last few weeks since I keep forgetting to make my pick. Of course, this week is tougher than the last two. Kevin Kolb was sacked eight times last week, the Cardinals don't have a running game despite their record and Jeff Fisher teams tend to confuse non-great QB's. Rams are at home after beating a good Seattle team last week. Toughie.

Old 10-12-2012   #50
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratz to the the one player in the League to pick last night game right but now we all hate you for picking Tenn to win a game...

with all seriousness that was a good pick
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I forgot to make my pick again. ugh

Old 10-12-2012   #52
Showtime100
Got AJ?

At least you didn't lose any ground. Damn Titans.
Old 10-12-2012   #53
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot about my picks until half time, so got an X for that game. But that's okay, because I would have lost anyway choosing the Steelers.

This year seems like it has been a lot tougher to predict many of these games. It's whacky!
Old 10-12-2012   #54
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Congratz to the the one player in the League to pick last night game right but now we all hate you for picking Tenn to win a game...

with all seriousness that was a good pick
That was moi... I'm still learning about the NFL and my new love (The Texans of course) ... I only voted that way as a risky way to try and claw back some points lol .... I knew it'd be a risk as everyone went with the steelers but it paid off although I feel dirty for picking them. If they lost I'd have been happy for hexing them (as I do most teams I bet on haha)
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #55
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy Crap I suck this week. Was it me or did like every underdog win this week??

I've only hit on two games this week...
Old 10-15-2012   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I forgot about my picks until half time, so got an X for that game. But that's okay, because I would have lost anyway choosing the Steelers.

This year seems like it has been a lot tougher to predict many of these games. It's whacky!
I think more than ever, teams are evenly talented so it takes about 7 good weeks to find out who is who. Right now about one third of the league is 3-3 so its not like its easy to just say this team should beat that team...this ain't the MLB.

Some teams with bad records played nothing but good teams and some teams with great records may have played chumps to date...it's all slowly shaking out. After all these years of watching this league I'm more convinced than ever none of these talking heads and experts are right early on...Every year is unique....they are just basing their assumptions on last year and draft grades.

Old 10-15-2012   #57
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Holy Crap I suck this week. Was it me or did like every underdog win this week??

I've only hit on two games this week...
It wasn't just you. I had four right this week. Seven underdogs won yesterday and the two I picked both lost (STL & IND). I have been terrible so far picking games.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

tough choice tonight. Seattle is on the rise and their defense is great. I don't trust Alex Smith, but I picked the 9ers anyway.

Old 10-18-2012   #59
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I officially suck.
Old 10-22-2012   #60
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rats. If I had thought to make my Thursday pick I'd be undefeated this week with Chicago pending.

Ok, that isn't such a tragic thing but if that costs me an undefeated week I'm gonna water-blast the neighbor's cat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read