Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2012   #121
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
For the record, GP did change his stance to some degree in the off season. He hated Rick SMith for a long time, and really stuck up for him quite a bit when I was criticizing some of the moves in the off season. He did to some degree with Kubiak, but like Hookem and a few others, I think some just don't like Kubiak's style all the time. I think a lot of you guys are giving him to much grief, because he is passionate on the board. We're all big time fans man. Otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing these things. Know whatta I mean!!
That's what I was saying; people have differing opinions. People who don't agree with Kubiak aren't necessarily haters, "supporters" aren't just mindless koolaid sippers. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But, I guess my opinion is invalidated now since GP has a different one and has stopped reading my posts.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #122
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good grief, people.

I was harder on Kubiak than anyone a couple of years ago, and I said that if he ever led us to the playoffs, I'd back off. I've kept my word, and don't call for his firing as much as I used to.

Yes, I still think he's a mediocre coach, but, at this point, I'm just enjoying the ride.

And, let's be real: this is Wade's team. Kubiak is a head coach in name only. When this team wins a championship, Wade will be the one getting most of the glory.

Regardless, let's just enjoy being 5-0.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #123
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Try getting back to discussing your original topics and away from the personal commentary.

That applies to folks replying to him as well.
For the record. I have twice provided responses to each of his points. He would obviously rather dismiss anything than have a discussion about football.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #124
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
And, let's be real: this is Wade's team. Kubiak is a head coach in name only. When this team wins a championship, Wade will be the one getting most of the glory.
Yup - Wade's offense is awesome isn't it? Wade needs to consider firing his special teams coach in the offseason if he doesn't improve the unit. Wade made some poor choices in last years draft with Brandon Harris & Roc Carmichael. Guys can't even see the field. What wastes of draft picks. Wade needs to run his scounting department better. /sarcasm

No doubt, Wade IS the difference from this team being a stuck-in-the-ditch 8-8 club to a playoff team. Wade DID turn the defense from embarrassing to a thing of beauty. Wade DOESN'T run the team though. Wade is to defense what Kubiak is to offense. I'm a Wade fan. He's the last piece that made the team I cheer for go from just better than the Lions & Raiders to as good as the Ravens & Patriots.

Make no mistake though: This is Kubiak's team - for better or worse.
Exascor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #125
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good grief, people.

I was harder on Kubiak than anyone a couple of years ago, and I said that if he ever led us to the playoffs, I'd back off. I've kept my word, and don't call for his firing as much as I used to.

Yes, I still think he's a mediocre coach, but, at this point, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Regardless, let's just enjoy being 5-0.
Let's see how we fare vs the Packers, Ravens, Bears and Patriots before talking championship.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #126
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Let's see how we fare vs the Packers, Ravens, Bears and Patriots before talking championship.
My point is, why can't we just relax and accept the fact that we're a great team instead of having the insipid debate about whether Kubiak should be fired? Of course we should take it game-by-game.

And, frankly, I say bring it on to the Packers, Ravens Bears and Pats. We can hang.

I'm tired of all the hand-wringing by the fans.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #127
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point is, why can't we just relax and accept the fact that we're a great team instead of having the insipid debate about whether Kubiak should be fired? Of course we should take it game-by-game.

And, frankly, I say bring it on to the Packers, Ravens Bears and Pats. We can hang.

Despite some of its obvious shortcomings, this is the best team the Texans have ever fielded, and it's one of the best teams in the NFL right now. And in a weak division to boot. Although we realistically have no reason to complain some of us still do. For my part it's not meant to aggravate, it's just keeping a level head. Many many years of Houston sports fandom has bread into my soul a sense of foreboding, and as much as that sucks, itís just the way it is.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #128
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree that it is ridiculous to talk about firing Gary Kubiak. I certainly don't agree with that. And I'm not hand-wringing. I just haven't seen this team do enough yet to have a lot of confidence that we should be talking about championship run, as was in the other post. I am looking forward to tonight's game to see how we do.
Old 10-14-2012   #129
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Despite some of its obvious shortcomings, this is the best team the Texans have ever fielded, and it's one of the best teams in the NFL right now. And in a weak division to boot. Although we realistically have no reason to complain some of us still do. For my part it's not meant to aggravate, it's just keeping a level head. Many many years of Houston sports fandom has bread into my soul a sense of foreboding, and as much as that sucks, it’s just the way it is.
Yeah I too have that sense of foreboding. We are not a city with a dominant team over time. Enjoy this season while we have it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #130
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Nah, I think I'll enjoy things now and for the remainder of the season, and think about what could be instead of waiting until things are almost finished and looking back and thinking how much fun it should have been.

And if there's a disappointment or three along the way, well, I'm pretty sure I've got the cojones to deal with it instead of getting pissed at the world for my lot in life.
Old 10-14-2012   #131
BullBlitz
Section 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Nah, I think I'll enjoy things now and for the remainder of the season, and think about what could be instead of waiting until things are almost finished and looking back and thinking how much fun it should have been.

And if there's a disappointment or three along the way, well, I'm pretty sure I've got the cojones to deal with it instead of getting pissed at the world for my lot in life.
Sounds like you already are. Who said anything about that?
Old 10-14-2012   #132
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

you cant blame some texan fans for being skeptical and not blindly following this regime because we have a 5-0 record after finally breaking through last year and winning a playoff game.

That does not buy you invincibility mode in this business.

Greatness requires CONSTANT VERIFICATION.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #133
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you get banned from another football message board or something?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #134
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is a slaughter.
Old 10-14-2012   #135
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This game is a slaughter.
Not looking good....

Where the hell is Wade's famed defense???
Old 10-14-2012   #136
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not looking good....

Where the hell is Wade's famed defense???
They are there, but they're playing an elite QB with his back against the wall record wise.

I'm glad we're playing Rodgers tonight. We needed this challenge.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #137
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100916 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how "unbiased" the officials and the NBC commentators are being.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #138
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

BU BU BU BUT KUBIAK IS A GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #139
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
BU BU BU BUT KUBIAK IS A GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #140
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.
Thank you! Put this guy in his place...
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read