Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-11-2012   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys at Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm rooting for a tie! Can those still happen or did they change the OT rules?
they can still happen in the regular season, not the playoffs though.
Old 10-11-2012   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been three years since the Ravens lost two in a row (in 2008 and 2009 they lost three in a row once each season) so you can look at it like sooner or later they're going to lose more than one again or that it's very unlikely to happen.

I think it's possible to have your cake and eat it too. I think that a Cowboy's upset wouldn't necessarily mean the Texans wouldn't be able to win the following week. This Raven's defense isn't what the old one was. If we're lucky and we play them hard we could gain two games on Baltimore over the next two weeks.
Old 10-11-2012   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
This Sunday, all members of Texans Talk will be in the awkward position of having to cheer for the Cowboys.
As long as I draw breath, I will NOT cheer for the Cowboys no matter how painfull it is. I simply can't do it. I hope the Raven beat the Cowboys ass so bad Homo Romo cries on TV. I hope the Ravens leave bird$h!t all over the Cowboys helmuts.

I hate the Cowturds. That's not going to change for a mere conferance rivalry.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As long as I draw breath, I will NOT cheer for the Cowboys no matter how painfull it is. I simply can't do it. I hope the Raven beat the Cowboys ass so bad Homo Romo cries on TV. I hope the Ravens leave bird$h!t all over the Cowboys helmuts.

I hate the Cowturds. That's not going to change for a mere conferance rivalry.

Conference rivalry? You think this is about that? It's about where we play the Ravens in the playoffs. I'd cheer for Cowboys for three hours if it meant playing the Ravens in the AFC Championship game here versus there. I don't like the Cowboys but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the moment at least
Old 10-11-2012   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to play the Cowboys in the SB...but they are much further away from making that happen than we are. Sounds nice to say that, but it doesn't say that much anymore.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Conference rivalry? You think this is about that? It's about where we play the Ravens in the playoffs. I'd cheer for Cowboys for three hours if it meant playing the Ravens in the AFC Championship game here versus there. I don't like the Cowboys but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the moment at least
leaving beer in the fridge and never drinking it - can't be done
stop leering at shapely women in the mall - can't be done
always be nice on the internet - can't be done
cheer for the Cowturds - can't be done

Sorry Herv, I can't do it. It's just not within me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #27
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a win win situation for me.

Ravens win, Cowboy fan slips deeper into misery

Cowboys win, Texans gain an advantage in the race for home field advantage.

I am not in the least bit concerned about the Ravens losing and coming into Reliant hungier. I think the Texans have had October 21st circled on their calendars ever since the schedule came out. If our boys aren't fired up enough to offset whatever happened to the Ratbirds against the Cowboys, then they don't deserve to win.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #28
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

For the moment at least
Amen!
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #29
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd love to play the Cowboys in the SB...but they are much further away from making that happen than we are. Sounds nice to say that, but it doesn't say that much anymore.
I would love that, too.

The last time I was sure that had a good chance of happening was in 92-93 and 93-94 seasons (with the Oilers, of course).
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess go cowboys having ravens lose will only help us
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't want to play the Ravens after they lose. Go Baltimore.
Same hear. I want to see a low scoring game with a 4th quarter last second Ravens winning field goal complete with a simultaneous split-screen shot of Jerruh crying.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #32
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

See that tackle RL missed on #28 between the guard-tackle hole ? Lewis has
been over the hill for years.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Romo playing Santa Claus early with a nicely wrapped gift!
Old 10-14-2012   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Ladarius Webb looked really hurt. Any update on his injury? Losing him would be a huge blow to their defense.

Ngata also limped off the field, but it didn't look serious.
Old 10-14-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Achilles?
Old 10-14-2012   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Claiborne hurt
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #37
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not pulling for the Cowboys, I'm pulling for Jacoby, Leach and Pollard; they were good Texans. Not worried about hoping that the Ravens lose to improve our position. We can take care of that by beating them heads-up next week.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #38
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I'm not pulling for the Cowboys, I'm pulling for Jacoby, Leach and Pollard; they were good Texans. Not worried about hoping that the Ravens lose to improve our position. We can take care of that by beating them heads-up next week.
If you are a Texans' fan, you should be pulling for the Cowboys.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #39
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones lol
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #40
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ladarius Webb looked really hurt. Any update on his injury? Losing him would be a huge blow to their defense.

Ngata also limped off the field, but it didn't look serious.
They're reporting a sprained knee for Webb.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read