Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #101
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Your perception of the "reality" that people are pumping sunshine isn't fact though. People get labeled as Kubiak loyalists for defending playcalling, and people get labeled as haters for complaining about "playing not to lose".

Personally, I fall on one side, and it's not bashing "haters" when I make the argument that running on 2nd and 10 or running with 2 minutes left in the game isn't playing scared, it's playing smart.

It's the same way you feel. You feel people are making you out to be a hater for voicing your opinion. But you're making other people out to be "sunshine pumpers" for voicing theirs.
Didn't even read your post there ^^^.

Keep on keeping' on, buddyboy.
Old 10-12-2012   #102
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
You are the first person to go on my ignore list. What you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.
Not a problem with him. He will view it as an "exclusive club".

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #103
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is we are a better team this year than we were last year. And last year we won a division championship and a playoff game. I am excited about this year and enjoying the ride.
Old 10-13-2012   #104
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Well I'm glad to read that.

I'm sure your mother is proud of you.

I don't think you want to be wrong. There is nothing worse than a fan that roots against their team "so he can be right". Oh you will complain about losing I'm sure but I bet that if we keep winning you will disappear. You're the kind of guy that complains that he just had to win the smallest lottery.

Kubiak lost the game for us? No. We were not at full strength. Tell me, do you credit Kubiak with winning the game at all? Did you notice the adjustments that Balt made in the second half? Do you really think we should have run Foster more? No, you just need to make up something to dig in and maintain your point.

What kind of stupid statement is that. Will it not stand out in the regular season? Does average coaching stand out too? Do you blame Harbaugh for Balt's loss in the playoffs?

"thanks elway"? Really? Elway won two superbowls? ACTUALLY it was this undrafted RB that won those superbowls. Who's running game did that? How successful has shanny been since Kubes left? Oh. Ok.

And these are the Texans. If you want to root for a lovable loser I suppose you move to the windy city and follow baseball. Ever actually been to Houston? We worship winning. We don't care who it is. Some of us think someone can win before they start showing signs of it.

And unless the Texans win the SB you get to ***** and moan and say you were right. How convenient. Even under the best circumstances 1 in 32 chance that a team wins the superbowl.

Mike
ahh look its the pretentious multi quote key board warrior poster who thinks he's such a bad arse with his multi quotes as if he's "pwning" someone and the utterly lame sign off at the end of each post.

every message board has them. congrats. your mother must be proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
You are the first person to go on my ignore list. What you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.

so you came into my thread to let me know you are putting me on ignore list (white flag/ i only like opinions that are the same as mine) and to tell me what i have to say isnt wort the time it takes to read(despite the fact that you did) and you took the time and effort to put me on ignore....

Last edited by DaTruthExplodes; 10-13-2012 at 06:03 PM.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #105
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

New guy starting arguments with everyone and throwing about insults. I can already tell where this is heading.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #106
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
New guy starting arguments with everyone and throwing about insults. I can already tell where this is heading.

i didnt start the insults.
Old 10-13-2012   #107
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
i didnt start the insults.
*** throws penalty flag ***

It's usually the person who reacts rather than the person who starts it that gets the flag.

Old 10-13-2012   #108
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
*** throws penalty flag ***

It's usually the person who reacts rather than the person who starts it that gets the flag.

screw you cortland finnegan.
Old 10-13-2012   #109
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
All I know is we are a better team this year than we were last year. And last year we won a division championship and a playoff game. I am excited about this year and enjoying the ride.
You can have doubts about Kubiak and still feel the way that you do in your post. That's where I'm at. Don't get me wrong, I love the home town boy makes good situation. But without Wade, Kubiak wouldn't be looking so good right now.

If we can hang onto Wade, it won't matter though. Wade makes Kubiak a better head coach. And in the end, I don't care if the Texans are coached by Bugs Bunny as long as they win a Super Bowl or two. If that happens, I would imagine all the doubting Thomas's would fade away.

Old 10-13-2012   #110
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
screw you cortland finnegan.
That would be Innegan, not Finnegan, because AJ beat the F out of him.

Old 10-13-2012   #111
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
ahh look its the pretentious multi quote key board warrior poster who thinks he's such a bad arse with his multi quotes as if he's "pwning" someone and the utterly lame sign off at the end of each post.

every message board has them. congrats. you're mother must be proud.

so you came into my thread to let me know you are putting me on ignore list (white flag/ i only like opinions that are the same as mine) and to tell me what i have to say isnt wort the time it takes to read(despite the fact that you did) and you took the time and effort to put me on ignore....

Try getting back to discussing your original topics and away from the personal commentary.

That applies to folks replying to him as well.
Old 10-13-2012   #112
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people are happy the way how things turned out so far this season and some people are not. A half full or a half empty kinda thing. Some people are happy with US$100K a year and some are not. Some people are happy with W and some are not.

It just goes to show you. You can't satisfy everyone as an individual threshold of happiness differs from one another.

Even if we win SB, some people still be complaining. You just can't please everyone.

Anyway, people do have their rights in his or her opinion and I respect that.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #113
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The above two statements within the same post are contradictory.

Which is it? If there was "religious idolatry" of Kubiak, then how could "majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone"?

We get it. You don't like the 5-0 Texans. Seems to me that you come here to argue, not discuss.

Enjoy your visit.

yep , and no response to your post with THEIR quotes..

I am with Dexman (I think that is who posted it) .. I trust Kubiak with Wade ..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #114
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
C'mon Tex! ya gotta use the visual if you're gonna reference the quote...

Nice call Obi! Lol! Rep spread for sure.

I actually thought about that, but I was thinking of looking for a Silvia pic from the Sopranos. Good call either way!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #115
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much like i thought....winning IS NOT the end all be all. people are gonna find something to complain about. I sit back and often wonder why turds like norv turner and romeo crennel get multiple head coaching opportunities when ther are so many great football minds on messageboards all over america.

Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #116
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Pretty much like i thought....winning IS NOT the end all be all. people are gonna find something to complain about. I sit back and often wonder why turds like norv turner and romeo crennel get multiple head coaching opportunities when ther are so many great football minds on messageboards all over america.

Norv Turner = Kubiak = Jason Garrett.

These three are pretty much the same quality honestly. People like to bash on Garrett because he is the Cowboys coach, but at one point he was considered one of the best OC's in the league when they actually had a great D with Wade Phillips there and Parcells before that. Garrett never should have been a HC, but Jerry wanted him to be their guy. Kubiak looked very similar until Wade got here. That isn't a bash on Kubiak either. It was just how the Texans looked under Kubiak pre-Wade.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We're winning right now, and I don't see the reason for starting up bash Kubiak threads until he does some horribly bad things on game day that comprimise the team's success.
Old 10-13-2012   #117
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Norv Turner = Kubiak = Jason Garrett.

These three are pretty much the same quality honestly. People like to bash on Garrett because he is the Cowboys coach, but at one point he was considered one of the best OC's in the league when they actually had a great D with Wade Phillips there and Parcells before that. Garrett never should have been a HC, but Jerry wanted him to be their guy. Kubiak looked very similar until Wade got here. That isn't a bash on Kubiak either. It was just how the Texans looked under Kubiak pre-Wade.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We're winning right now, and I don't see the reason for starting up bash Kubiak threads until he does some horribly bad things on game day that comprimise the team's success.
Don't you know that with any decent head coach, we'd already be 8-0 instead of 5-0?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #118
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Didn't even read your post there ^^^.

Keep on keeping' on, buddyboy.
Just goes to show that while you're interested in sharing your opinion, you're not interested in changing it or paying attention to other's
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #119
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Just goes to show that while you're interested in sharing your opinion, you're not interested in changing it or paying attention to other's
For the record, GP did change his stance to some degree in the off season. He hated Rick SMith for a long time, and really stuck up for him quite a bit when I was criticizing some of the moves in the off season. He did to some degree with Kubiak, but like Hookem and a few others, I think some just don't like Kubiak's style all the time. I think a lot of you guys are giving him to much grief, because he is passionate on the board. We're all big time fans man. Otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing these things. Know whatta I mean!!
Old 10-13-2012   #120
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
kareem has improved slightly considering he was atrocious his rookie year. There's only one way to go if you're at the very bottom. I still think he's a weak link being covered up by an excellent pass rush.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read