Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-09-2012   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool You MUST Have a Ticket! READ

GlassHalfFull posted the Game Day info the the Packers game. I have a feeling not everyone is reading it, so I am putting this in its own thread.

Quote:
All visitors to the Houston Texans home games MUST have a Game Ticket or Tailgate Guest Ticket to be on the Reliant Park grounds. Fans who do not have one of these items will not be allowed to enter Reliant Stadium grounds (a parking pass alone will not allow you access onto stadium property).

Tailgate Guest Tickets for Sunday are completely sold out and there will be none available for purchase the day of the game.
So if you plan on showing up on game day without a ticket, you could be in for a quick drive back home.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You MUST Have a Ticket! READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
GlassHalfFull posted the Game Day info the the Packers game. I have a feeling not everyone is reading it, so I am putting this in its own thread.

So if you plan on showing up on game day without a ticket, you could be in for a long, miserable drive back home.
Given that this is a Sunday Night game, I fixed it for accuracy.
Old 10-10-2012   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: You MUST Have a Ticket! READ

All right. Katie's thread has 284 views and this has 161.

Anyone complaining on Monday not only gets a lifetime ban, they also get a punch to the face.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-10-2012   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Take this serious Texan fans! I've been ticketed every game, including preseason, and ALMOST had to leave someone on the curb until I could go retrieve a ticket from someone at our tailgate, and that was at the Niners game!!

You might be able to "play the game" and sneak in, but, do it at your own risk, and don't blame the parking attendants or the Texans for doing their job and inforcing the rules.

I'll tell ya one thing for sure. Next year I'll be buying up all the tailgating passes I can get my hands on. Lot of good fans out there who want to be a part of our success and feel the excitement. It's a good thing. I have 6 tickets to the Packs and Ravens game, and 8 family members who want to go. Someone's having to stay at home, and that makes me sad.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #5
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

They checked ours coming in for the first time at the Titans game, they are definitely getting more serious about it with the popularity of the team at an all time high.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Last warning. Lifetime MB ban, punch in the face and you'll be forced to watch 24 hours of a Real Housewives and Kardashians.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2012   #7
FattyFatBastard
waterboy

So does anyone know where might be a good place to buy these passes?

This is the first time ever that I'm hearing folks can't just come in. And we have 4-6 that were expecting to come.
FattyFatBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2012   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyFatBastard View Post
So does anyone know where might be a good place to buy these passes?

This is the first time ever that I'm hearing folks can't just come in. And we have 4-6 that were expecting to come.
Been that way for over a year, just not widely enforced. It is written in their tailgating policies on the website, in written materials and in their e-mails.

Oh, and sadly E-bay. They're scarce, especially for this game.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2012   #9
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking for a single ticket at a decent price to the game( and decent seat) any advice where to get one? Also if I get a ticket can I tailgate with it or do you need a another ticket for that?
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
I'm looking for a single ticket at a decent price to the game( and decent seat) any advice where to get one? Also if I get a ticket can I tailgate with it or do you need a another ticket for that?
A game ticket includes the right to tailgate.

A tailgate ticket only gets you into the tailgate. There are a handful of for sale posts on this board. Otherwise it is something like Ebay or Stubhub.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2012   #11
FattyFatBastard
waterboy

Quote:
Been that way for over a year, just not widely enforced. It is written in their tailgating policies on the website, in written materials and in their e-mails.

Oh, and sadly E-bay. They're scarce, especially for this game.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll be enforced for this game, damnit.

Those damned Cowboys fans ruined everything!
FattyFatBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #12
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know how well you can see from the 600's vs 300's. ? Trying to figure out how much I want to spend. Is the tailgating a good place to watch the game?
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anyone know how well you can see from the 600's vs 300's. ? Trying to figure out how much I want to spend. Is the tailgating a good place to watch the game?
There really isn't a bad seat in the house. Tailgating is not an ideal place to watch the game, IMO.

The stadium will be rocking and the energy awesome. Keep looking for a ticket, there is always someone who needs to sell at the last minute.
Old 10-12-2012   #14
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop worrying about those who don't have tickets. If they are dumb enough to try and make it to the tailgates without a ticket, then let them deal with the consequences. Not our problem to worry about...right?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #15
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I sit in 631. Have been for 10 years. The view is fine and you really get to see the plays develop. I'm happy with my seats.
Old 10-12-2012   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Stop worrying about those who don't have tickets. If they are dumb enough to try and make it to the tailgates without a ticket, then let them deal with the consequences. Not our problem to worry about...right?
Just making it readily known so on Monday when folks inevitably come in here and complain I won't feel bad for flaming them
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-12-2012   #17
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Just making it readily known so on Monday when folks inevitably come in here and complain I won't feel bad for flaming them
Flame away Yankee! We will be there...and won't be hassled. No need to warn them...and if they do complain, the flaming will be oh so much more fun.
Old 10-12-2012   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Flame away Yankee! We will be there...and won't be hassled. No need to warn them...and if they do complain, the flaming will be oh so much more fun.
Hey, at least I am not asking people to do math!!!!!!!! (Facebook reference )
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read