Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #81
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You see me going to great lengths to pump sunshine on a certain player here?

A coach?

Owner?

GM?

I keep it pretty real, yeah. If the guys do good, I shout out propers. If guys dog it or aren't hacking it...yeah, I call that to too. I can go from being KJ's biggest critic to admitting he has proven me wrong and has grown over the past 3 years as a lot of posters said he would. Kubiak might be growing, too, but little setbacks make me wonder.

My highest opinion of a player is JJ Watt. I see good in lots of other players too. I root for Arian even though I think his personality is quirky or whatever. He's on MY team. So that's that.

As far as Kubiak, you damn straight there's some uber loyalists. And they don;t like their guy getting dusted up. That's their prerogative, but they can't sit there and condescend either, IMO. We all in dis boat tuh-gether, my bruther. As buyers of entertainment, we should be able to make harsh criticism on the product...but all of us here should try and be a little bit more nicer to one another because we're all on the same level. That's my whole case. I get personal when someone gets personal with me first.
Your perception of the "reality" that people are pumping sunshine isn't fact though. People get labeled as Kubiak loyalists for defending playcalling, and people get labeled as haters for complaining about "playing not to lose".

Personally, I fall on one side, and it's not bashing "haters" when I make the argument that running on 2nd and 10 or running with 2 minutes left in the game isn't playing scared, it's playing smart.

It's the same way you feel. You feel people are making you out to be a hater for voicing your opinion. But you're making other people out to be "sunshine pumpers" for voicing theirs.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #82
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

My biggest critique of Kubiak is not using Andre in the RZ, especially with one on one match ups. More times than not, Andre will win one on one coverage on a jump ball. We haven't really needed to use Andre much to win games thus far, but I just think Kubes needs to start using his other star more.
Old 10-12-2012   #83
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
My biggest critique of Kubiak is not using Andre in the RZ, especially with one on one match ups. More times than not, Andre will win one on one coverage on a jump ball. We haven't really needed to use Andre much to win games thus far, but I just think Kubes needs to start using his other star more.
I don't think that is Andre's strength. When TJ was in last year he tried to use him as a security blanket and would just throw the ball in Andre's direction, did'nt work out to well.
Old 10-12-2012   #84
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kubiak is meddling. Dennison supposedly is the OC, but we know from direct quotes by Kubiak himself that he intervenes and can change calls if he wants. He's a helicopter OC, always hovering over the situation and ready to drop rope and repel to the action so he can save the day.
What an absurd criticism. This is Kubiak's offense and he is the one who will be held responsible for how it runs. But no you want to have your cake and eat it too - tell him to get out and still hold him responsible.

Lot's of head coaches call plays on one side of the ball and even hover around the other side. They don't carry those Denny's menus to shoo flies away.
Old 10-12-2012   #85
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I think the thing that`s angering some are people, that just seem to wait for something bad to happen, so they can say I told you so (like it was with KJ for a long time - heck maybe it still is). I am not saying that you are one of those people.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #86
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Well. Over the years, I've been as vocal as anybody about this issue.

I don't trust the Kubiak & Schaub regime alone, but I DO trust the
Kubiak & Schaub regime WITH the Wade Phillips & Vance Joseph
combination. Phillips and Joseph have almost removed them memory
of Eli Manning choosing to throw the ball on every down to end the game,
because he felt he could get more by throwing it than running the clock
out with a 3 score lead.

In other words, it's working for now, so I ain't trippin.'
Old 10-12-2012   #87
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

what NFL team fan really truest there regemine when things are so up and down

but u know what U just got roll with it cross your fingers and hope Luck comes our way thats all we can do LOL

THAT AND GO NUTS SUNDAY AND CHEER VERY LOUD AND get some False starts going !!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #88
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I'm just getting a seat in here so I can say I posted in this thread BEFORE the Texans won Super Bowl XLVII.
Old 10-12-2012   #89
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright I-Cak. Where IS ya boy??
He came in - as a newbie - and threw a turd in the punchbowl and hasn't been seen since.
You said be nice to him, so I was civil.
but I wanna know....

Who WAS that REALLY??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #90
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The same guy whose offense won a couple of Super Bowls.

That's frequently the best time to run and the worst time to pass. Doesn't bother me at all. If you've got a runner that can pick up 5-6 yards on a second down run and put you in position to pick up the 1st down, do it. No need to get all 10 yards on 2nd down.

I don't know. Do you think that might be because Ben fumbled the ball and almost cost us the Denver game or because he's been injured?

Because they're just the best guys at their position that we have on the team? Are you stuck in 2010 with Kareem Jackson? Cause... he's a good CB now. And Kevin, he's playing really well this year.

Strange thing is, Joe isn't even his guy.

Jeez. What's a guy got to do? Lead the league in passing? Oh, yeah, right, he's already done that. Throw for the 6th most yards in a single season ever (by 2010 standards)? Oh, yeah, he did that. Put us in position to win game after game in the 4th quarter? Oh, yeah, he's done that... even if the defense pissed it away or someone dropped a pass.

From your post, it's pretty obvious that you're straight out lying. You need to be honest, at least with yourself. You don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub. Doesn't matter who they beat or don't beat. Doesn't matter what record they get.

You don't like them and so you're going to find reasons to not like them. You say you like the team but you don't like the main players and the coach. And I'd guess you'd probably prefer that we go on a losing streak so we could get rid of them and get some guys in here that you do like.

I like to win. I like coaches that win games. We haven't won enough here and I would have fired Kubiak a couple of years ago even though I've defended him over the years.

Do you know what a killer instinct is? Pounding the rock over and over and throwing short passes and getting just enough yards to get a first down and going on long assed drives that grind down the clock when you're up on someone. THAT'S a killer instinct.

There aren't a lot of coaches who'll get up on an opponent and then keep slinging the ball around. It's not because they're gutless. It's because coaches who do that don't keep their jobs very long. You lose a lot of games you should have won when you do that.

The thing about guys like Belichick and Parcells is that they aren't the risk takers some people seem to perceive them as. They will occasionally take calculated risks but normally, if they have the chance, they'd call plays just like Kubiak does. Because it wins games. And sometimes when Belichick takes risks, it's because he doesn't trust his defense and some of those risks have backfired and lost him games he should have won.

But none of that really matters to you. Because you just don't like the guys we've got.

And that's OK. Maybe we will go on a big losing streak and you'll get to say "I told you I didn't trust these guys."
You must spread some reputation around before giving to The Pencil Neck again.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #91
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You know that I'm not a fan of Kubiak, but I'm damn sure enjoying the ride. I've been really trying to stay away from the critical side of Kubes, but man threads like these keep begging to pull me back in. Lol!

I think I'll leave now before i end up in a long winded debate.
C'mon Tex! ya gotta use the visual if you're gonna reference the quote...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #92
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I Still Dont Trust the NOOBS and NOOB posts
Old 10-12-2012   #93
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.

Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Good coaching or bad coaching will always stand out in the playoffs.

Nevertheless, i know the deal. Kubiak is a native houstonian and has some solid credentials (thanks elway) that allows kubiak religious idolatry from a lot of houstonians.

we lost cushing but if we dont lose anybody else significant, Kubiak & Schaub will have no excuses if they flame out in the playoffs.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #94
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

if your stuck on labels, Kubiak is this or that. I just think he's coaching a hell of a team right now...a team he built. I like where we are at. All this other debate is drama, so I'll leave that to the dramatic.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #95
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.

Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Nevertheless, i know the deal. Kubiak is a native houstonian and has some solid credentials (thanks elway) that allows kubiak religious idolatry from a lot of houstonians.

we lost cushing but if we dont lose anybody else significant, Kubiak & Schaub will have no excuses if they flame out in the playoffs.
Seeing as Arian's LONGEST gain in the 2nd half was 8 yards and that was on the first 2nd half drive for us, I couldn't disagree more. BAL adjusted and stuffed the run in the second half.
Old 10-12-2012   #96
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak + Schaub when together have won 10 straight games. What more do you want?
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #97
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone.
Quote:
The above two statements within the same post are contradictory.

Which is it? If there was "religious idolatry" of Kubiak, then how could "majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone"?

We get it. You don't like the 5-0 Texans. Seems to me that you come here to argue, not discuss.

Enjoy your visit.
Old 10-12-2012   #98
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru. Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Even when people were wanting Kubiak gone I don't think there were any reasonable people who did'nt think he was an offensive guru. A lot of credible people on this board questioned whether he was a good head coach but if you don't consider Gary a good offensive guy then you have lost me.
Old 10-12-2012   #99
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand firm by my OP.
Well I'm glad to read that.
Quote:
Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me.
I'm sure your mother is proud of you.
Quote:
I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.
I don't think you want to be wrong. There is nothing worse than a fan that roots against their team "so he can be right". Oh you will complain about losing I'm sure but I bet that if we keep winning you will disappear. You're the kind of guy that complains that he just had to win the smallest lottery.

Quote:
Kubiak lost the game for us? No. We were not at full strength. Tell me, do you credit Kubiak with winning the game at all? Did you notice the adjustments that Balt made in the second half? Do you really think we should have run Foster more? No, you just need to make up something to dig in and maintain your point.

Quote:
What kind of stupid statement is that. Will it not stand out in the regular season? Does average coaching stand out too? Do you blame Harbaugh for Balt's loss in the playoffs?

Quote:
"thanks elway"? Really? Elway won two superbowls? ACTUALLY it was this undrafted RB that won those superbowls. Who's running game did that? How successful has shanny been since Kubes left? Oh. Ok.

And these are the Texans. If you want to root for a lovable loser I suppose you move to the windy city and follow baseball. Ever actually been to Houston? We worship winning. We don't care who it is. Some of us think someone can win before they start showing signs of it.

Quote:
And unless the Texans win the SB you get to ***** and moan and say you were right. How convenient. Even under the best circumstances 1 in 32 chance that a team wins the superbowl.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #100
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand firm by my OP.

You are the first person to go on my ignore list. What you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read