Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #61
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

So your first post is to rehash 8 years of history in one single thread?

I will be brief in my answer. You are wrong on just about everything you said.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, just got throughout reading this thread, and I'll just say that I'll never understand the logic behind these blanket "play conservative" and "playing not to lose" accusations.

They are never backed up with any semblance of facts, and its very frustrating.
Just thought I show myself in the thread.

I deleted whatever that was I wanted to say.
Basically, I'm going to "De-Em-Diggy" mode.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #63
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.
<< snip snip >>

First off, let me explain something. Newbies bring coffee and doughnuts and keep thier mouths (and keyboards) quiet. Keep in mind, as a newbie, your opinion is not only meaningless compared to someone as wonderful and great as I am, it is also a waste of electrons. And that we can not tolerate.

Also, I've been trash talking Kubiak around these parts for years, and don't need any help. In fact, I've got the last post is the last Kubiak trashing thread before you came along with this one. Not that I'm jealous or anything, but if you start one more thread that threatens my solid sterling reputation I will hunt you down like a baby seal and sell your carcass to Jerrahh. You'll be draped around his neck in his next NFL commercial.

So, welcome to the board. And don't piss me off anymore.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #64
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiack is a hard nosed old time coach.

Don`t turn the ball over! When you get ahead, milk the clock and play it safe! Go for a sure 3d and short over a risky 1st down! Trust your Defense! Be accountable for everything you do! I don`t care who you are, if you mess up you`re out! No funny business, go out and play hard football!

You don`t have to like it, but this year it works. It`s like the old Steelers coaches. With the right team he has proven he can be successful.

Schaub? He is no Manning or Brady - but he is consistent. He even is listed in the MVP watch on NFL.com. I don`t agree with that, but he is a standup guy with great accuracy, moderate arm strength, good vision and bad movement. He will have a bad throw every game - but so does basically every other QB in the league. He will help you win most games and that`s what you ask of your QB.

Jackson? Really? Still the Jackson bashing? He has been our best CB this year - and really the only argument you could make is, that it is close. No way JoJo has outplayed him so far. Great tackler, great in short and mid situations, and this year tolerable in long passes.

Marciano? I can give you that. Our special teams have looked ugly so far and it seems like that`s on Marciano. I don`t know if you fire a coach mid season, especially if you are 5-0 though.

But all in all, get over the past years and look at the now - there is a lot to like about the now...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #65
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are looking for anti-Kubiak peeps, this is the place to find them. You'll still find some pics with Cowher Texans 2011 & Kubiak Broncos 2011 on some peoples sigs. It got really nasty after the 2010 season was over.

Kubiak made some mistakes in the first few years. Much like Kareem Jackson, many people couldn't let go of them and see the improvement he'd made. Clock management, bad challenges, odd play calls (half-back pass), loyalty-to-a-fault and losing were on his permanent record. Now add conservative and lacks killer instinct among others.

My opinion is a minority. Kubiak really only made 3 big mistakes. 3 mistakes that cost the team many wins, kept them from the playoffs and set the team back a few years.

1) Signing off on Carr. I'm sure he watched tape and felt he could fix him. Sadly, he didn't know about Carr's terrible work ethics.
2) Hiring a rookie DC - Richard Smith. IMO - A rookie offensive head coach needs a vet DC that knows what he can do, how to do it and what players are needed to do it. I felt it back then and it proved true.
3) Hiring another rookie DC - Frank Bush. See above. The D actually was better under Bush in 2009. The 2010 collapse proved that 2009 was a fluke and the rookie DC proved a failure again.

Other than those 3 things, Kubiak hasn't made any glaring mistakes that any other head coach wouldn't make. Is Kubiak one of the greatest HCs? No. At least not yet. Is he a good head coach? Ummm...look at 2011 and tell me how many other HCs could have done what he did with a 3rd string QB.

As for Schaub - QBs are unfairly tied to stats. In particular wins, yards, TDs & INTs. All of those can be affected by many factors out of their control. A weak defense can lead to less wins, more yards, more TDs and possibly more INTs. A great defense does the opposite - more wins, less yards, less TDs and possibly less INTs. Schaub led quite a few 4th qtr comebacks only to see the defense blow the lead. Did Schaub make some bad decisions at times, yes. Name a QB that hasn't though. If we don't have any more major injuries, this year will be the first year to be able to see what Schaub can do.

TLDR: Kubiak & Schaub aren't Belicheck & Brady or Payton & Brees but they are easily good enough to win a Superbowl.
Exascor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have come to accept that the owner likes what he sees in terms of the overall state of this team. Which is built by Kubiak.

I don't like Kubiak's weaknesses, but his strengths have gotten us this far...and his d-coord has helped more than people want to openly admit.

Why does this have to turn into a battle all the time around here? The guy is the HC, and fans don't have to love him 100% and eat a mile of his caca just to be considered "in support of the HC."

I support the guy, he just irritates the snot out of me with roster decisions and play calling at both ends of the end zone. Is that OK? Can I have that opinion? Can I complain about that when it happens over and over? I think we can if we want. And then there's an ignore feature if the whiners hurt any Internet ears too much. Options.
Old 10-12-2012   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it this way, there are still people in New York who don't like Tom Coughlin and if that team has any sort of loss, people start asking for his head. Which is silly. So of course there are going to be people who want to get rid of Kubiak.

But the OP even said that we might beat the Ravens and/or the Packers but the real test would be whether we can beat the Patriots. Which seems to indicate that the OP thinks we can beat anyone in the AFC except the Patriots. And that would mean we are pretty damned good.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #68
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have come to accept that the owner likes what he sees in terms of the overall state of this team. Which is built by Kubiak.

I don't like Kubiak's weaknesses, but his strengths have gotten us this far...and his d-coord has helped more than people want to openly admit.

Why does this have to turn into a battle all the time around here? The guy is the HC, and fans don't have to love him 100% and eat a mile of his caca just to be considered "in support of the HC."

I support the guy, he just irritates the snot out of me with roster decisions and play calling at both ends of the end zone. Is that OK? Can I have that opinion? Can I complain about that when it happens over and over? I think we can if we want. And then there's an ignore feature if the whiners hurt any Internet ears too much. Options.
What exactly are you asking for? You are coming on to a football message board to whine (your words) about something, but you don't want anyone to respond to it?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #69
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you read other people's posts?

Wade has been elevated to quasi-savior status around these parts. It's one of the rare times that a consensus exists among Texans fans. I think everyone knows the differences between the 2010 team and the 2011/2012 team is due to one man: Wade Phillips.

And like I've said before, regardless of the circumstances surrounding Wade's hire, Kubiak should still get credit for not letting his head coach ego get in the way of hiring the best defensive coach out there...a coach that has the experience to sit in that head coaching chair, as well.
Old 10-12-2012   #70
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually agree with most of this post with an emphasis on the bolded part. I'm not 100% sure on whose call it was to bring in Wade, but it saved Kubiak's tenure here IMO. Without the dramatic defensive turnaround Kubiak is likely fired.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What exactly are you asking for? You are coming on to a football message board to whine (your words) about something, but you don't want anyone to respond to it?
I'm making comments about a head coach who gets millions and earns the glory or the goat or anywhere in-between those two ends of the spectrum.

In contrast, people here are making a-hole comments to ME, or to others, and that's just flat out tacky. We're all fans, and it does come across as some people being pissy about "their guy" getting bashed a little.

There's some Kubiak Fan Boys here, for sure. Any time their guy gets pushed a little, there's retaliation. You know this, it's obvious Marcus.

Kubiak has thicker skin than his fan boys here do. They should watch and learn from their master.
Old 10-12-2012   #72
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you read other people's posts?

Wade has been elevated to quasi-savior status around these parts. It's one of the rare times that a consensus exists among Texans fans. I think everyone knows the differences between the 2010 team and the 2011/2012 team is due to one man: Wade Phillips.

And like I've said before, regardless of the circumstances surrounding Wade's hire, Kubiak should still get credit for not letting his head coach ego get in the way of hiring the best defensive coach out there...a coach that has the experience to sit in that head coaching chair, as well.
I have a high opinion of Wade Phillips, which has been recently tainted by his "I love it here, but I'd like to be a HC again, but I really love it here" schtick that he pulls each season.

On game days, it's evident that Wade calls almost a flawless game all game long. He's verrrrry good at it.

Kubiak is meddling. Dennison supposedly is the OC, but we know from direct quotes by Kubiak himself that he intervenes and can change calls if he wants. He's a helicopter OC, always hovering over the situation and ready to drop rope and repel to the action so he can save the day.

Think if he had a killer OC who was given full reins like Wade has with the D. Man, Kubiak could spend all of his time polishing silver Lombardi trophies.

We're damn good right now, but every window closes. The Patriots have proven you can open that window again from time to time, but then again that's the Patriots and I don't know that I can equate Kubiak with Billy Boy.

I'm very pleased. I love this season. I still can live with Kubiak, it's just sort of like the roommate who is a bit sloppy...he pays the rent on time, he's fun to be around, you just wish he'd pick up his crap pile every now and then. Overall, that's fine.
Old 10-12-2012   #73
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm making comments about a head coach who gets millions and earns the glory or the goat or anywhere in-between those two ends of the spectrum.

In contrast, people here are making a-hole comments to ME, or to others, and that's just flat out tacky. We're all fans, and it does come across as some people being pissy about "their guy" getting bashed a little.

There's some Kubiak Fan Boys here, for sure. Any time their guy gets pushed a little, there's retaliation. You know this, it's obvious Marcus.

Kubiak has thicker skin than his fan boys here do. They should watch and learn from their master.
They're "Kubiak Fan Boys", but you're not a hater, you're just a realist, right?
buddyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #74
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
This rant seems about 2 years late, but I digress....

See this whole "We haven't played anybody great" is such BS it drives me insane. This is the NFL, not NCAA. EVERY game you play is important. Doesn't matter what that record is. The Jets team they just played hung 40 on Buffalo, the SAME Buffalo team that kicked the crap out of a KC, a team that lost to Baltimore by 3 of a 9-6 game.

Patriots, I forget the year, didn't play a team over .500 until the playoffs one year. IT DOES NOT MATTER. If the team is good, they dominate the lesser teams and win against the better teams, by hook or by crook.

Playing 1 specific team and winning does not verify this team being good or great. Anybody who has watched this teams over the last 6+ years knows this team is good. That Jets game was a loss in 2009-2010. The defense is great the offense is top rated.

I get the pessimism, but at some point you got stand up and say, "My throat is so dry from all this negative talk. Anybody got a glass of Battle Red Kool-aid to quench this thirst for a winning team?"

and the answer will be...ABSO-FREAKING-LUTLY!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #75
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
They're "Kubiak Fan Boys", but you're not a hater, you're just a realist, right?
You see me going to great lengths to pump sunshine on a certain player here?

A coach?

Owner?

GM?

I keep it pretty real, yeah. If the guys do good, I shout out propers. If guys dog it or aren't hacking it...yeah, I call that to too. I can go from being KJ's biggest critic to admitting he has proven me wrong and has grown over the past 3 years as a lot of posters said he would. Kubiak might be growing, too, but little setbacks make me wonder.

My highest opinion of a player is JJ Watt. I see good in lots of other players too. I root for Arian even though I think his personality is quirky or whatever. He's on MY team. So that's that.

As far as Kubiak, you damn straight there's some uber loyalists. And they don;t like their guy getting dusted up. That's their prerogative, but they can't sit there and condescend either, IMO. We all in dis boat tuh-gether, my bruther. As buyers of entertainment, we should be able to make harsh criticism on the product...but all of us here should try and be a little bit more nicer to one another because we're all on the same level. That's my whole case. I get personal when someone gets personal with me first.
Old 10-12-2012   #76
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone ever wonder what threads like this look like another six games into the season?

Rep to the first person who can correctly answer that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #77
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Patriots, I forget the year, didn't play a team over .500 until the playoffs one year. IT DOES NOT MATTER. If the team is good, they dominate the lesser teams and win against the better teams, by hook or by crook.
The 1972 Dolphins went 14-0. They didn't play a single other playoff team during the regular season. They only played 2 teams that had winning records during the regular season: The New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, both 8-6.

I don't see an asterisk next to the Dolphins accomplishment. In those days, they only had to play 3 playoff games to win the SB. And they did.

The thing about sub-par teams is that they find ways to loose. The thing about good teams is that they find ways to win. And great teams find ways to win when it counts most.

Right now, we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. We're a good team. What we haven't proven is if we're a great team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #78
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You see me going to great lengths to pump sunshine on a certain player here?
I really haven`t seen anyone doing that for Kubiack or Schaub on here... Watt, Cushing, AJ, Brown, Foster, Jojo, sure. But not Kubiack or Schaub. They get respect on here this season for what they have done this season - and that respect is well deserved. But a lot of people are still cautious because of the past. And that`s ok.

I think the thing that`s angering some are people, that just seem to wait for something bad to happen, so they can say I told you so (like it was with KJ for a long time - heck maybe it still is). I am not saying that you are one of those people.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #79
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Does anyone ever wonder what threads like this look like another six games into the season?

Rep to the first person who can correctly answer that. LOL
They look like because they often devolve into a meltdown that serves no beneficial purpose.
Old 10-12-2012   #80
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I really haven`t seen anyone doing that for Kubiack or Schaub on here... Watt, Cushing, AJ, Brown, Foster, Jojo, sure. But not Kubiack or Schaub. They get respect on here this season for what they have done this season - and that respect is well deserved. But a lot of people are still cautious because of the past. And that`s ok.

I think the thing that`s angering some are people, that just seem to wait for something bad to happen, so they can say I told you so (like it was with KJ for a long time - heck maybe it still is). I am not saying that you are one of those people.
Def not the Negative Ned like I was after 2010. You wouldn't want to have seen me in the months following the 2010 season. I was an Internet flame thrower every day, I was ready to burn the mother to the ground.

I didn't even get on-board with the 2011 hiring of Wade Phillips, bro. Only now do I feel relieved of that anxiety enough to enjoy every win, even the ugly ones.

Kubiak gets credit, but Wade does too. And really now I'm swinging toward fearing that we'll lose Wade after this year and just be in the crapper all over again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read