Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2012   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TNF... Steelers vs titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Strength of Schedule.
Well best case scenario they would've won they're been 2 games behind, they move to 3 with loss. Pitt, hasn't even played a division game yet meanwhile Balt is 2-0 already and Cinci is 1-1.

If the Texans REALLY need someone to lose to prevent from NOT hosting the AFC champ its Baltimore.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Steelers had way too many injuries this game. Was pretty much their second stringers against the Titans.
Titans are crappy enough to get beaten by second stringers. They (Steelers) dropped a couple of picks on the last drive itself. Hasselbeck is not a good QB anymore and throws a lot of bad balls.
Old 10-12-2012   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... the Titans are still just 2-4 and now the Steelers are 2-3. As much as I don't want to root for a division foe, this probably turned out for the best for us.

And looking how readily Hasselbeck got them in FG range against the "vaunted" Steeler defense, they (the Steelers) don't worry me like they have in years past.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Strength of Schedule.
Steelers with loss drop to 2-3 which will make it hard to catch up long as we keep ground in AFC. Baltimore is 4-1 AND 2-0 in division, record wise overall they are biggest threat to homefield ATM. NOT Pitt.

A loss by Pitt helps a lil more, but I guess I am in the opinion of **** the titans and I'd prefer to see them lose barring it being a HUGE advantage to the Texans.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Steelers with loss drop to 2-3 which will make it hard to catch up long as we keep ground in AFC. Baltimore is 4-1 AND 2-0 in division, record wise overall they are biggest threat to homefield ATM. NOT Pitt.

A loss by Pitt helps a lil more, but I guess I am in the opinion of **** the titans and I'd prefer to see them lose barring it being a HUGE advantage to the Texans.
We don't play the Steelers this year. We play the Titans twice. If the Steelers end up 2-14 for the season & the Titans end up 3-13 all other things being equal, we'd have a better S.O.S than Baltimore, since they play the Steelers twice.

Either way, it's a long shot for things to turn out that way, or for us to need that tie breaker over Baltimore, or to "hope" the Colts & Jags will finish as well as Cincinnati & Clevland (well, not really)..... but it was said tongue in cheek & wasn't meant to get this out of hand.

It's way too early for a Tennessee win/loss to matter for our play-off implications.
Old 10-12-2012   #26
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Just woke up to see this result... Wasn't expecting it at all... So much that I predicted Tenn to win in TexansTalk pick em as I usually get my picks wrong.
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We don't play the Steelers this year. We play the Titans twice. If the Steelers end up 2-14 for the season & the Titans end up 3-13 all other things being equal, we'd have a better S.O.S than Baltimore, since they play the Steelers twice.
We play Baltimore once so barring a tie in the regular season, heads up will determine any tie with them.
Old 10-12-2012   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

So is this good or bad LOL

i guess its good for seeding cases has long has tenn never catches up to us besides if we win @ tenn that would pretty much take tenn out of the divison picture
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

To bad both teams couldn't lose tonight. Hate the Titans, and a Steelers loss would be beneficial to the Texans.

What was with Kenny Britt tonight, dropping balls that hit him in the hands several times?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #30
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
To bad both teams couldn't lose tonight. Hate the Titans, and a Steelers loss would be beneficial to the Texans.

What was with Kenny Britt tonight, dropping balls that hit him in the hands several times?
It's hard catching balls when your hands are used to being in handcuffs.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #31
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, maybe we are 5-0 playing nobodys but other teams are 2-3 losing to nobodys. Just wanted to say that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #32
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
It's hard catching balls when your hands are used to being in handcuffs.
Between that and his knee injury I doubt he will ever live up to his significant potential. He was dropping balls that were literally hitting him in the numbers.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #33
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There was no possible outcome to this game that was going to make me happy. I guess I'll never get over my childhood hatred for the Steelers, and obviously, the Tacks can go DIAF.
Old 10-12-2012   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
You know, maybe we are 5-0 playing nobodys but other teams are 2-3 losing to nobodys. Just wanted to say that.
People overplay the who have you beaten game. Below are the # of collective wins by the teams beaten by the front runners:

Atlanta 9 wins
Houston 9 wins
49ers 7 wins
Baltimore 7 wins

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read