Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #41
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What a freakin' asshat!
Not very cordial without introductions Bill.

DTE....Bill.
Bill......DTE.

Now, carry one.

LOL

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #42
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
David C[POSTDELETED]

[InitiateAutoBan]

Kiwi, it was nice knowing you. Hopefully you can follow the rules next tim.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

'eh, to each his own, I suppose.

Not to question your 'fandom', but how can you be a fan of a 5-0 team and not be enjoying the ride?

"fool's gold"...seriously?
Old 10-11-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Not very cordial without introductions Bill.

DTE....Bill.
Bill......DTE.

Now, carry one.

LOL
But I have formally met you my brother AND YOU know I'm extremely cordial! !!! ''

Old 10-11-2012   #45
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
I'm curious Mike...

Is it his Super Bowl Ring or his hair style that you envy the most?

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Not to question your 'fandom', but how can you be a fan of a 5-0 team and not be enjoying the ride?

Cheese and Rice DB, you know where I come from!!! Of course people can have their own opinions, and I support their opinions, but whenever people make up stupid opinions to support their own narcissistic opinions to make them feel better about themselves, I WILL CALL BS!!

Love ya! Make it a point to visit us in Blue Crew!!! You're a member by proxy!

*EDIT*
I just noticed your "fools gold" sardonic reference.......... AWESOME!!!!
Old 10-11-2012   #47
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
Why the drama? Did you say it three times in a mirror and he randomly appeared behind you, threw a football at the back of your head and missed by 5 feet?
Old 10-11-2012   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I'm curious Mike...

For me, It's my nose and ear hairs........
Old 10-11-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I'll give you Jacoby. I would say maybe he drafted Holiday to get rid of Jones, but that was more of coach Joe than it was Kubiak. Still no way Jones should have been with us for as long as he was, so I give you that.
It was purely conjecture, but when they drafted Holliday & signed Jean, most of us thought that was it for Jjones. But then both Holliday & LeStar got put on IR in the preseason & Jacoby signed a deal that wasn't much more than league min ( I think) for a player of his tenure.

We didn't spend a high draft pick to replace Jacoby, but I think it was obvious we were looking for options.
Old 10-11-2012   #50
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.
Hi, I'm Mike. I'm very blunt and don't hold back. I don't live near a beach so I don't do long walks on them. I'm a holdover from the Luv Ya Blu era and I live a few hours away now.

Now that that's over with.

Quote:
I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.
Superficial praise? How long have you been a football fan? Did it start with HWWNBN (the guy with the million dollar arm and ten cent head that chucked the ball when not in the fetal position)? If so then I understand your criticism. If you don't think this team is different then you're either blind or new to this football thing. This team isn't perfect. No team is. This team has won by stepping on people's throats, it has won by staving off a late charge, twice. What don't you like about that? We even won when we didn't play our best. In years past we had to play our best game to win. It is a luxury to be able to pull out games when you don't have your A game.

Quote:
His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.
He doesn't give Tate enough carries? Seriously? He has a toe injury and if it has taken this long it is likely turf toe. Trots Kevin Walter out there? Walter probably has the most dependable hands on the team. He's not flashy but he is a hell of a blocker. Who would YOU like to put out there? Jean is hurt, Martin hasn't caught anything and Posey has yet to show anyone he can separate from receivers. Of course you fail to mention that he keeps trotting OD out there, Casey out there etc.

And then you drop the bomb... he keeps trotting Jackson out there. Guess what. Jackson has out played everyone else in the secondary this year. Instead of going head hunting because he "keeps trotting him out there" you should probably applaud him for not giving into the public opinion and sticking with a plan.

And where do you get this "he plays conservative". I think he went with an end around to start the game. We throw the ball down the field and we set teams up for that. Let me tell you what his "conservative" play calling has gotten us. +8. That's the turnover margin.

Quote:
As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.
He gained respect for you in that game? His decision making is shaky. I tell you what. I will give you the pick six against Balt. Don't give me oakland. I've broken that play down several times and that wasn't on Schaub but I am sure you blame that on him so I will spot you two bad decisions. Back up the rest... point out the rest of his "shakey decisions". He's always injured? The first two injuries that kept him out resulted in fines for the guys who hit him and the last one was a freak injury.

Quote:
Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
Then I want you to go buy some fool's gold, I will trade you some "real" gold for your "fool's gold" because you obviously don't know which is which. We have taken care of what we needed to. What weaknesses do you think this team has? What makes you think that it isn't "real gold"? Potent defense, check. Good secondary play? Check. Dominating d-line? Check. Solid O-line? Check (even if it has dropped from top 3 to top 10, still dominant. Workhorse, multi-talented RB? Check. Top 10 QB? Check. (if you disagree please tell me something other than "I don't trust him". WHY don't you trust him, specific examples)

Do we need to be tested? Yes. Is there ANY reason to believe that we're not the real deal? No. We have last year as evidence and we look better than we did last year.

Oh, welcome to the board.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012   #51
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm curious Mike...

It is his snotty little brother

I use HWWNBN with the hopes that if we don't talk about him we won't see the same situation play out again.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012   #52
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Why the drama? Did you say it three times in a mirror and he randomly appeared behind you, threw a football at the back of your head and missed by 5 feet?
No. He lives out in the woods and so we don't mention his name. Going back to pre-board merge I've always called him H(e) W(ho) W(ill) N(ot) B(e) N(amed). There was a time that it was unacceptable to say it. Maybe that time has passed. I don't give up traditions easily. I still hate the steelers, the bills, the titans.

I was only messing with you though, it was supposed to be funny.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012   #53
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub is 9-0 in his last nine starts ...
Old 10-11-2012   #54
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

You know that I'm not a fan of Kubiak, but I'm damn sure enjoying the ride. I've been really trying to stay away from the critical side of Kubes, but man threads like these keep begging to pull me back in. Lol!

I think I'll leave now before i end up in a long winded debate.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #55
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.
Must we?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
I'm back!

I'm not going to touch the stuff on Kubes. I think you have some solid points that are valid, but we're coming off of a good season and we're 5-0 right now. Not exactly the best timing on a thread like this about Kubes, but to each his own.

My question though is what on earth are you still questioning Schaub for at this point? Hasn't he proven that he is top 10 material QB to you yet? Did you not see how useless this offense got once TJ Yates came in? Schaub may look goofy, he may be slow and non mobile, but so are guys like Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Manning, and Eli Manning. I'm not saying Schaub is as good as any of these guys, but he doesn't have to be mobile and fast to be a very good QB. There are 32 teams in this league so that is 32 starters. To have a QB that is a top 10 material QB is pretty good. Every team can't have an elite QB, but we've got a really good one in Schaub that works his ass off. I'll take Schaub any day.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #57
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

DTE,

I'm going to actually try to explain something here. Don't make assertions and not back them up. Someone said "use facts, not opinions". Its not so much that. Just don't throw some opinion out there without being able to say something to back it up.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012   #58
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. He lives out in the woods and so we don't mention his name. Going back to pre-board merge I've always called him H(e) W(ho) W(ill) N(ot) B(e) N(amed). There was a time that it was unacceptable to say it. Maybe that time has passed. I don't give up traditions easily. I still hate the steelers, the bills, the titans.

I was only messing with you though, it was supposed to be funny.

Mike
I'm familiar with the HWSNBN idea, just never bought it myself.

Then again I was one of the last Carr apologists left standing.
Old 10-11-2012   #59
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm familiar with the HWSNBN idea, just never bought it myself.

Then again I was one of the last Carr apologists left standing.
I was too. I am still not entirely convinced that he was incapable. It isn't HIM I had a problem with, it was the way the entire team was constructed. I didn't like them starting a Rook, I didn't like their line... I didn't like the offense... just the whole thing. I honestly think he could have developed but that we didn't give him anything to work with.

I never said it was all his fault, I just arrived at the conclusion that the time had come, whatever the reason the situation was not going to work out at all.

Mike

Old 10-11-2012   #60
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, just got throughout reading this thread, and I'll just say that I'll never understand the logic behind these blanket "play conservative" and "playing not to lose" accusations.

They are never backed up with any semblance of facts, and its very frustrating.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read