Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #1
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Arrow I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.
Old 10-11-2012   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.
Old 10-11-2012   #4
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess a way of looking at this is that almost everything you posted is FAIR to say.

But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

5-0 is pyrite, I'm telling ya, it's pyyyyrite!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

He runs on second and long to make it 3rd and short. Smart call when you have the best RB in the league. Ben Tate gets enough reps when needed. If the game calls for more Tate, the game gets more Ben Tate. KW is a phenomenal blocker and KJ is playing out of his mind right now. Not sure what you have been watching. I agree that we can upgrade Marciano.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

He is an extremely smart QB that makes great decisions. He has thrown only 2 INT's this season and has lead us to a 5-0 record. He runs the play action bootleg better than any QB in the league. I feel (as do most on here) unbeleivably confident with Schaub leading us into the playoffs.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide our stiffest test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.
Old 10-11-2012   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2012   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak playcalling going conservative late:

Denver game - those 2 brutal hits in a row Schaub got, what was he doing on those plays? Anyone remember? Oh yes, going downfield. My theory in that game is Kubiak decided not to get his QB killed after that.

Jets game - The secondary was covered. Schaub had a ton of time in the pocket and had to throw it away many times. After his interception, I think he was told to protect the ball at all costs. Jets were doing a great job, ergo going to the run.

I call this good adjustments. But, we all know I am the resident optimist
Old 10-11-2012   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.
I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.
Old 10-11-2012   #10
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.
Quote:
I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.

thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.
Old 10-11-2012   #11
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.
I agree with you there. This guy is like restating every negative complaint about the team in the past 3 or 4 years.

Just for thought, I'm sure that it is Wade's decision to play KJax, not Kubiak.

Yes, Kjax is playing the best football we have ever seen him play.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.
Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.
Old 10-11-2012   #13
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.
I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.
Old 10-11-2012   #14
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.
will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.
Old 10-11-2012   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.
A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.
Old 10-11-2012   #16
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.

to me its more about Kubiak's philosphy and mental approach and decision making.

Kubiak plain and simple doesnt have a killer instinct like other coaches. He's too nice and doesnt take any chances. He's too bland and not a dynamic enough thinker.
Old 10-11-2012   #17
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.
opinion based threads are more fun.
Old 10-11-2012   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure.. Denver game I didn't notice much difference in playcalling (I could be wrong) just not connecting with deep passes
Old 10-11-2012   #19
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well you can't say *****, ******, ********, ****, ****, ****, *****, or David C#$$, but other than that it's pretty relaxed!
Old 10-11-2012   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
opinion based threads are more fun.
yes they are fun, but as long as one isn't stating them as fact

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read