Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2012   #41
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean Having a Knee Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I thought science would be a little more exact than that, LOL!

Thanks, Doc.

It's probably a fair bet for a 4-week return then?

Most importantly, once you replace the tire, the car can still run well ???
Usually.........as long as the rims aren't bent......and, of course, if the engine and the rest of the car was OK before you started messing with the tires.

In medicine, exact explanation of causes of diseases, concise diagnosis and absolute predictability of outcome of treatment are difficult, if not impossible!

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Doctor Kenneth First from 610's Nick & Lopez thru CBS Houston audio:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...-knee-surgery/
Old 09-27-2012   #43
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Lestar Jean is back for the Packers game. We shouldn't need him to beat the Titans and Darelle Revis-less Jets the next two games. He's come a long way and I honestly feel he has potential to be the future number two over Kevin Walter.
Old 09-27-2012   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
KUBIAK:

(on WR Lestar Jean)
“I’m sorry. Yeah, (WR) Lestar (Jean) is totally out. They’re telling us two weeks. He had the surgery and he was back in here. He’s fine and looks good. He was in here for treatment an hour after surgery. He’s up and around, doing good today. He’s a 100 percent committed to treatment right now. He goes to the afternoon meetings and we’re hoping that maybe we’ll pull this off like we did with (FB James) Casey a few years ago. James had the same thing done and actually made it back in two weeks, so we’ll see.”
I don't think that Kubiak made this statement trying to be disingenuous......However, his statement is somewhat misleading. Casey's scope was performed Monday November 2, 2009, following the Sunday Bills game. He missed the Colts November 8 game. The Texans then enjoyed their Bye Week, September 15. Casey then returned for the later than usual MNF game with the Titans on September 23. Therefore, he was able to ctually return for game play exactly 21 days (3 weeks) following his scope.
Old 10-10-2012   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Jean practiced today and is expected to play Sunday night.

Quote:
Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield

WR Lestar Jean (knee) practiced & should be ready to play this week. S Quintin Demps (forearm) did not practice #Texans
Old 10-10-2012   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Jean practiced today and is expected to play Sunday night.
Great news....... I think we missed him on Monday.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #47
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think that Kubiak made this statement trying to be disingenuous......However, his statement is somewhat misleading. Casey's scope was performed Monday November 2, 2009, following the Sunday Bills game. He missed the Colts November 8 game. The Texans then enjoyed their Bye Week, September 15. Casey then returned for the later than usual MNF game with the Titans on September 23. Therefore, he was able to ctually return for game play exactly 21 days (3 weeks) following his scope.
The question, with all due respect, Doc, I think would be when he started participating in full practices and I think that would give us a little better understanding of the time frame.
Old 10-10-2012   #48
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Great news....... I think we missed him on Monday.
Great news indeed!
Old 10-10-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now if he could only play LB
Old 10-10-2012   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
The question, with all due respect, Doc, I think would be when he started participating in full practices and I think that would give us a little better understanding of the time frame.
I'll try to present the facts in line with your request.

Casey's scope was November 2 and he returned to full practice (a true full contact Thursday) on November 19, 4 days prior to his return game on November 23. From time of scope to playing in a game was ~3 weeks. (NOTE: In my previous post, I accidentally typed September 19 and September 23, instead of November 19 and November 23).

Jean's scope was September 25 and has returned to "full" (non-contact) practice 4 days prior to his return game on October 14. True full practice technically will not occur until tomorrow.) From time of scope to playing in a game (if he plays Sunday) will be ~3 weeks.
Old 10-11-2012   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

On our only full contact day, Jean had limited participation.
Old 10-11-2012   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll try to present the facts in line with your request.

Casey's scope was November 2 and he returned to full practice (a true full contact Thursday) on November 19, 4 days prior to his return game on November 23. From time of scope to playing in a game was ~3 weeks. (NOTE: In my previous post, I accidentally typed September 19 and September 23, instead of November 19 and November 23).

Jean's scope was September 25 and has returned to "full" (non-contact) practice 4 days prior to his return game on October 14. True full practice technically will not occur until tomorrow.) From time of scope to playing in a game (if he plays Sunday) will be ~3 weeks.
Quote:
On our only full contact day, Jean had limited participation.
Thanks for the update. Sounds encouraging.
<--- Bulls on Parade
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds encouraging.
<--- Bulls on Parade
I think so. But, without a full contact practice prior to game return, it may not be a clear sign that he will return THIS Sunday. We'll just have to see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read