Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First Sunday Night Game on NBC!

Bob Costas gave us a big shout out last year during halftime of one their games saying we deserved to be televised on Sunday night this year. It's time to make him proud for pimping us out like that. Something tells me its gonna be even louder and crazier than the Wild Card game last year. There was a lot of nervous energy in the building that night, and I think fans will be able to just cut loose and go nuts Sunday.

On another note, I know I've heard talk about the roof being open for the game but I just can't see the Texans giving up that noise advantage.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11151 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Monday Night Game on NBC!

Sunday*?
Old 10-11-2012   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Monday Night Game on NBC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Sunday*?
Yeah, that was my Homer Simpson moment for the day.
Old 10-11-2012   #4
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Sunday Night Game on NBC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
On another note, I know I've heard talk about the roof being open for the game but I just can't see the Texans giving up that noise advantage.
My money's on the roof being open. High of 84 during the day means it should be in the mid to high 70s for the kick off which will satisfy the 50-80 rule. And NBC will want those aerial shots with the roof open.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time we played the Packers at home was also on Sunday Night, except on ESPN. Carr vs Favre. I remember Carr saying "I think there are more Packers fans here than Texans fans".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #6
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
My money's on the roof being open. High of 84 during the day means it should be in the mid to high 70s for the kick off which will satisfy the 50-80 rule. And NBC will want those aerial shots with the roof open.
Didn't we debate about open roof last year and come to the conclusion that the noise level was negligible based on decibel testing?
Old 10-11-2012   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The last time we played the Packers at home was also on Sunday Night, except on ESPN. Carr vs Favre. I remember Carr saying "I think there are more Packers fans here than Texans fans".
I expect there to be quite a few Cheeseheads this Sunday too. It's just one of those teams that has fans everywhere.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2012   #8
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Didn't we debate about open roof last year and come to the conclusion that the noise level was negligible based on decibel testing?
I'm sure the noise level is affected by the roof being open. I don't know what the details or any decibel measurements are, if there are any. But I think what dictates whether the roof will be open or not is the rule that it will be open if the weather forecast calls for temperature to be between 50 and 80 and no precipitation at kick off, and closed otherwise.
Old 10-11-2012   #9
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sure the noise level is affected by the roof being open. I don't know what the details or any decibel measurements are, if there are any. But I think what dictates whether the roof will be open or not is the rule that it will be open if the weather forecast calls for temperature to be between 50 and 80 and no precipitation at kick off, and closed otherwise.
Here's an experiment. Take a drink container and yell into it. I think a closed roof, theoretically, would muffle the noise. In My Opinion. I could be wrong though, it's happened once or twice.
Old 10-11-2012   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's the rule for when they CAN open it but there were games last year when the weather cooperated and the roof was still closed. They must feel like it's an advantage of some sort.
Old 10-11-2012   #11
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Here's an experiment. Take a drink container and yell into it. I think a closed roof, theoretically, would muffle the noise. In My Opinion. I could be wrong though, it's happened once or twice.
That's not a good comparison unless you're measuring the noise level inside the drink container as you're yelling into it. The closed roof traps the noise inside giving it a chance to bounce around the stadium. There is no question that the closed roof amplifies the noise level.
Old 10-11-2012   #12
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That's the rule for when they CAN open it but there were games last year when the weather cooperated and the roof was still closed. They must feel like it's an advantage of some sort.
Ahhh. I see. I still think it'll be open, considering that it's a night game, so no one will be baked in the sun, and that it's a nationally televised game where NBC will want nice aerial shots.

2 weeks ago Chicago @ Dallas, the roof was open in Dallas (don't know what their rules are, though).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read