Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Put together a trade scenario game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I guess "you get what you pay for" is true after all.
Not necessarily. We pay JJ Watt a tad over $800K this year. I would tend to think he deserves a few bucks more...
Old 10-09-2012   #22
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
The Chiefs aren't going anywhere and Derrick Johnson is coming up on 30 and could use lots of picks, doubt he'd fit our cap.

Karlos Dansby, MIA? D'Qwell Jackson, CLE?
D'Qwell is a great LB. Since were shooting for stars, lets go after Navorro Bowman...

Im down with Dansby too...
Old 10-10-2012   #23
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know if we will be given cap space for Cush's injury(I think the same thing happened last year with Mario)? I think we're close to the cap as it is.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #24
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather see Whitney Mercilus becoming a starter, whether he has to play ILB, or move Reed or Barwin to ILB so he can do what he does best and that's rushing the passer from the outside as an OLB. The kid is pretty damn special and led the nation in sacks last year (16.5). He also had 22.5 tackles for losses which led the nation.

Keep in mind it was around this time last year when Brooks Reed was forced to start at OLB due to Mario Williams' injury, and that's when he became a beast. Going on a nice sack surge (5 sacks in 6 games I think it was). I said a few weeks ago that I believe Whitney Mercilus can come on strong once he gets playing time like Reed did last year.

Do I like Tim Dobbins, eh he's alright but not great. Do I like Mister Alexander or Daryl Sharpton? I haven't seen much of both and neither has future pro bowl ability to me. Sharpton could be a sleeper but the guy's body can't hold up. Do we need to make a trade? I don't think we do.

The answer is Whitney Mercilus. This kid is going to become a 6-time All Pro. There has to be a way to give him more playing time, preferably starting him. There's a reason why drafted him in the 1st round. To play him at some point.
Old 10-10-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The last player I want to see out there is merciless.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #26
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The last player I want to see out there is merciless.
He'll be ready when the time comes. Keep in mind he was only a one year starter at Illinois. He has the skill set that we need right now with Cushing out until next season. The best time to make a change would be during the bye week. Kubiak says Dobbins will start versus the Packers. I think we can beat the Packers and Ravens, get to 7-0 going into the bye week.

The offense has to step up and score Touchdowns in the red zone. Obviously there isn't any panic or reason to make a change if the Texans keep winning so you will probably get your wish and not see him out there anytime soon. But he's going to be a beast at some point. I love the kid a lot, as I'm sure Wade Phillips and the Texans do as well. He wouldn't be here if they didn't gamble on what he did last year.
Old 10-10-2012   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Sean Lee is by far the best option to fill in, but the Cowboys love him and would want at least two firsts for him. He's still on his rookie deal and would easily fit into the cap. I dont think there is any way for us to get him.

There aren't too many options that will be better than what we have. I don't think we will make a trade, but it sure would be nice to bring in someone.
Old 10-10-2012   #28
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm anxious to see Dobbins in for an entire game.

I hate losing Cush so bad, but it is what it is.

I think Dobbins is solid, I don't think we will see a whole lot of explosive plays like Cush could potentially make, but this D has a lot of talent. Solid could be good enough.

I haven't targeted Dobbins when he has played, but I don't recall hearing him getting burned too bad in the snaps he's been in.
Old 10-10-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Does anyone know if we will be given cap space for Cush's injury(I think the same thing happened last year with Mario)? I think we're close to the cap as it is.
We take the full cap hit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read