Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2012   #41
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
He wasn't winning the job.
Because he was kicking while injured...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #42
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Because he was kicking while injured...
I think we just need to blow it all up and tank!!!
Old 10-10-2012   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

i swer to u our ST will cost us a game this season weather it be punts returns or Punting or Kicking
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #44
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i swer to u our ST will cost us a game this season weather it be punts returns or Punting or Kicking
Yep. I can see that happening. It won't be as bad as Kris Brown in the later years (when he cost us multiple games) but I can see ST blowing a game for us this year at some point.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #45
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Holliday is gone, I wished they would of fired Joe Marciano and stayed with Trinton till atleast the bye. Trinton was not looking good at all but I wish him the best.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I called out Joe Marciano a few years ago....

I'm not impressed with the work he is doing...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #47
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I called out Joe Marciano a few years ago....

I'm not impressed with the work he is doing...
I was right there with you, my post below after the 2010 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I think think the defense being historically bad has overshadowed how bad special teams were...

Punt Distance 26th
Punt Coverage 10th

Kick Distance 9th
Kick Coverage 26th

Kick Return 27th
Punt Return 29th

Field postion was terrible all year for both sides of the ball. Improving this will help our defense and offense.
Old 10-10-2012   #48
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones seems to be doing a reasonable job of directing his punts, he is probably our brightest spot on special teams. Our coverage isn't awful.

Our return game seems to be terri-bad and constantly giving up penalties.
Old 10-14-2012   #49
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Reviving this.

Special teams is once again...atrocious. Martin's a better returner than Holliday, but the blocks still aren't there.

And we still can't cover kickoffs. Get rid of Marciano. His time is over.
Old 10-14-2012   #50
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Firing Marciano would be like firing Chris Palmer two weeks into the 2005 season. It might make you feel good, but it won't substantially change a thing. The guy calling the shots keeps the guy employed. The guy calling the shots knows what the deficiencies are and has given his vote of confidence to Marciano.
Old 10-14-2012   #51
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

so it wasn't all on holiday....

he has to get canned after this season
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Marciano's special teams have sucked for a while now.
Old 10-14-2012   #53
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Marciano's special teams have sucked for a while now.
Long enough that the guy in charge should have made a change, huh?
Old 10-14-2012   #54
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Brahman's blocked punt and TD will be more than enough for the leadership to justify keeping him on.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Long enough that the guy in charge should have made a change, huh?
I'm not a huge kubiak fan overall, but I thought this team could win in spite of his suspect play calling.

I don't think he takes advantage of the offensive talent he has.
Old 10-14-2012   #56
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
I'm not a huge kubiak fan overall, but I thought this team could win in spite of his suspect play calling.

I don't think he takes advantage of the offensive talent he has.
The team can win in spite of him, as long as they're playing the Dolphins, Jags, and Titans of the league. They'll jump up and win a big one now and again, just like any team. But when the big moments come, he doesn't seem to have the instinct to make the right calls enough of the time. The pass to AJ a couple weeks back for the key first down to close the game out is the sort of thing a coach has to do sometimes. Kubiak doesn't do it often enough, but he puts himself in position to need to be able to do it more often.

And as you said above, the ST play has been bad for a while. Some have pointed out that Marciano never adjusted to the wedge being outlawed. I can't say I disagree with that. So it falls on Kubiak to make that evaluation every offseason and after every game and make adjustments as needed. So far, he's made the same adjustments he made with Richard Smith and Frank Bush. He's going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming into making the decision that has to be made. That's a crap head coach.
Old 10-14-2012   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

blocked a punt for a td....marciano for president!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #58
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #59
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Trindon Holiday with a kickoff return for TD today for the Broncos.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #60
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Trindon Holiday with a kickoff return for TD today for the Broncos.
He also has a turnover with the Broncos. Boom or bust. I liked Keyshawn Martin today, and I haven't seen him muff a kick-off/punt recently.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read