Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-10-2012   #1
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RIP Alex Karras

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-ka...3176--nfl.html

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #2
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RIP Alex Karras

mongo only pawn in game of life.

RIP
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #3
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

gets more and more sad as we keep finding out yet another player suffered from dementia.

Not that I want to give Eric Winston any more props, but one thing he said is very true. They choose this life, they also choose to die younger. The price is worth it for them.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP Alex Karras.
Old 10-11-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a good article. RIP Alex Karras

Quote:
On April 17, Rozelle announced that he was suspending Karras and Green Bay’s star halfback, Paul Hornung, indefinitely. He also fined five of Karras’s teammates for betting on the 1962 championship game between the Packers and the Giants.

In the immediate aftermath, Hornung appeared genuinely contrite. Typically, Karras expressed no such sentiment, then or ever. “I haven’t done anything to be ashamed of,” he said, “and I’m not guilty of anything.” (Michael MacCambridge, “America’s Game,” Anchor Books, 2005, p. 178). Hornung and Karras were reinstated before the start of the 1964 season.

The news media and the public generally reacted favorably to Rozelle’s decision. As Jim Murray wrote in The Los Angeles Times: “Rozelle had to protect the game rather than the players. He had to show the owners, the players — and the public — that pro football was a big boy now, a public trust that the public could trust.” (MacCambridge, p. 178-179)

Sometime in the mid-60s, before a game, Karras, as a defensive captain, went to the center of the field for the coin toss. “Captain Karras,” said the referee, “while I flip this coin, would you please call it heads or tails.”

“I’m sorry, sir,” said Karras. “I am not permitted to gamble.”
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...otball-player/

Alex sings for Howard Cosell

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read