Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #21
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers never went 5-0 ...

LOL at these clowns on First Take.

They had On Bun-B (Houston Rapper) and they wouldn't even let him talk about the 5-0 Texans. When he tried they stopped him and said something about coming back to that but now he's not there any more. I seriously wonder if he just up and left. I don't think they plan on talking about the Texans at all (except when they were talking about Tebow and how they weren't 'impressed' with the Texans)
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The 2008 Titans went 10-0? I surely don't remember that. Who was their starting quarterback. I'm assuming Vince Young? It would have been well past the Steve McNair days (RIP).
Kerry Collins
Old 10-09-2012   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Kerry Collins
Yep - that was the year Vince got hurt late in the opening game, and Collins came in and took over the starting QB job for the rest of the season. It was also pretty much the beginning of the end for VY as immediately after that game was the whole "VY is missing, suicidal and has a gun" incident.
Old 10-09-2012   #24
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep - that was the year Vince got hurt late in the opening game, and Collins came in and took over the starting QB job for the rest of the season. It was also pretty much the beginning of the end for VY as immediately after that game was the whole "VY is missing, suicidal and has a gun" incident.
No that can't be. Fisher never won anything with Kerry Collins. KC was horrible however because Fisher is a racist he refused to put in his 2 time Pro Bowl QB Vince Young (with a 31-19 winning record I might add) until forced to by Bud Adams. Vince totally saved his job over and over again yet the man looked for any excuse to "bring a brother down" and bench him.

So to think that Kerry Collins could have ever went 10-0 is laughable at best. Please check your facts again.

BTW, Vince never went missing or ever was suicidal. He just went to go hang with his posse so please get your facts straight. Fisher made all of that up in another attempt to bring VY down.

Signed,

Shaggy Bevo Nation
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The Oilers are the reason why I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. And that sucks.
lol! I hear you, man. We have been conditioned our whole lives to be skeptics about Houston football teams. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Old 10-09-2012   #26
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
lol! I hear you, man. We have been conditioned our whole lives to be skeptics about Houston football teams. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
The Oilers kept coming to mind during the Denver game when Denver started to rally.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And do you know what's funny? Even though we've been conditioned to be so sceptical to the point that it's hard to enjoy what's happening, when you hear or read others voicing the same skepticism, you rile against it because you know down deep that there's no logical rhyme or reason for it.

Just take a good look at the first few threads in this forum. It's as if we're 0-5.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #28
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The achilles heel of that team was no depth on the O-Line. I can't remember who it was but one of the starters was out for the first 5 games. Moon was getting killed during that stretch and the team started 1-4.

He gets back into the line up and the team reels off 11 wins. In comes Kansas City for that playoff game and that same guy gets reinjured in the 1st or 2nd QTR. Moon starts getting killed again and the team starts looking like they did during that 1-4 stretch.

BTW, this Texans team looks pretty good. Are they better than some of those Oilers teams? I won't say that yet and won't say that until they prove they won't choke as Bud's teams always did/do.
We had 3 offensive lineman out that game. There were 9 or 10 starters from the beginning of the year who did'nt play because of injury.
Old 10-09-2012   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No that can't be. Fisher is a racist. Vince totally saved his job.

Signed,

Shaggy Bevo Nation
Freaking hilarious. I'm a Longhorn fan and that's just deadly accurate.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read