Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Wade Phillips.. foot meet throat!!

I was thrilled to see that Brice McCain CB Blitz yesterday.

There was a little more "bend but don't break" than I like to see, but it was reassuring to know Wade ain't scurred to dial it up to seal the game.

Of course it helps when you've got a gas pedal like Jj Watt.
Old 10-09-2012   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Phillips.. foot meet throat!!

I think people are going to be verrrrrry surprised to see how well the texans defense will adapt to the loss of Cushing.

Wade Phillips is sneaky creative. He thrives on adaptation and creativity in his 34 defense. He's been around long enough to know how to compensate for these losses. Which is why he is so hard to replace--The decades of experience and the success he generates no matter where he goes.

We're going to continue to see him use this defense, even fringe guys like McCain and gasp! Nolan, and gear them up each week.

I am not worried. In fact, I never once doubted the outcome of last night's game. Was the first time in 10 years that I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that we were going to win the game no matter what. Even as things were fluid last night, I never had a panic moment. Not one single time. Why so? Because this team believes in itself. Offense and defense believe in one another 100%. There is a synergy there, IMO.

Wade will cook up some fantastic meals the rest of the way, I'm sure of it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read