Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #21
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
this wasnt a problem last year.. trindon has to go. he doesnt bring anything. hes much better taking a knee and gettin the 20 instead bringing it out to the 9..
Not sure if sarcasm, but we had the same problem last year. Jacoby was very similar to Holliday. They both always seem to be a fraction of an inch away from muffing a punt or KO return. They both pose for photos before they start running ( then ). The only difference I have seen so far is that Jacoby costs us a playoff game and Holliday hasn't. Lets hope we make a change before Trindon does

Also kick coverage has been terrible. We need a new KR/PR and ST Coach
Old 10-09-2012   #22
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Holiday has taken bad decisions... but the coverage team hasnt given him anything to work with. This is on the coach. You still might debate if Holiday with his bad decisions is worth a rosterspot, but you shouldnt debate based on his bad production.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #23
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34563 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Trindon looked good in camp because he was returning against our weak kick coverage team. That's why everyone on the ST coaching staff thought he was special.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to put this all on Joe.

I think some of this is more on the players he has to work with.

I think special teams were better in pre season when he had all those guys we cut out there.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Special teams are horrid, putrid, terrible. It's a frigging wonder we are 5-0 with the special teams we have. The frigging kicker seems fairly decent with his FGs, but can't kick the goddamned ball off for any distance. Return teams can't return or stop the return.

It's just plain terrible.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that gets me is,

Coach Joe drafts Bullock and the Rams draft the best K I have seen come out of college in a while. Zuerlien (SP?) That guy has a Sea Bass type leg and is super accurate.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Coach Joe drafts Bullock and the Rams draft the best K I have seen come out of college in a while. Zuerlien (SP?) That guy has a Sea Bass type leg and is super accurate.
and the guy we did draft couldn't kick anything either. Yeah, yeah, he was injured. He still couldn't kick it past the goal line on kickoffs anymore than the clown we have now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #28
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Trindon looked good in camp because he was returning against our weak kick coverage team. That's why everyone on the ST coaching staff thought he was special.

TJ
I think Trindon made the team because of his stellar preseason play. However, I'm cringing on every return so far in the regular season.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #29
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

As others have said, Marciano/the return game hasn't been the same since the wedge was outlawed. Marciano hasn't been able to adapt, and thus we return game has been in decline.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
As others have said, Marciano/the return game hasn't been the same since the wedge was outlawed. Marciano hasn't been able to adapt, and thus we return game has been in decline.
Marciano needs to be replaced and that is one reason why.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #31
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

This really gets me too. Scouting a kicker can not be that difficult.
"Ok, both of you kick off"

Whoever kicks it farther is the winner. We had to know that Bullock couldn't get many TBs

This Zuerlein kid is 100% and already has a 60 yarder under his belt in his rookie year
Old 10-09-2012   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I was gonna make it the "All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano" thread but i screwed the pooch.
Fixed it for you. I thought about starting this same thread last night after Holliday was unable to get it to the 20 yard line over and over again. It reminds me of Einstein's definition of insanity.
Old 10-09-2012   #33
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Don't forget he drafted that kicker who's shown nothing this year.
He's injured.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #34
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34563 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

At this point,

I'd rather have this Marciano:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #35
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just frustrating watching our offense have to start every drive from the 16 yard line. Joe has got to go. I would love to see Manning return kickoffs again. He brought it.
Old 10-09-2012   #36
DRP
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respected

A change needs to be made before our SP/T cost us a game.
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #37
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
He's injured.
He wasn't winning the job.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #38
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

coach Joe has been just okay at best for most of his tenure here. I said something similiar a few years back and seems like a couple of dudes jumped all over me.

Special teams coaches always seemed like the gypsies of the NFL never around for more than a couple of years.
Old 10-10-2012   #39
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll just quote myself from earlier this year ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it's been talked about for no less than 2 (going on 3) years now. everybody loves coach joe, i certainly do. he needs to be replaced however, as i unpopularly said last year. we have too much talent thrown into our ST unit to be mediocre at best (and a spectacular failure today).
Old 10-10-2012   #40
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

He has had to go since 2007.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read