Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2012   #281
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think they are both related. The Oakland game was real. We should have wanted to win. Schaub should be looking for the open receiver.

I don't think he's lying at all.... but maybe his idea of open isn't the same as Schaub's idea of open & his is the one that counts. Besides, 76 may not be able to post video, but he's mastered the art of the screen shot & has the photobucket account to prove it.
I really wanted to post some screen shots, but I really don't have the time that I like to have.

At this moment, I should be watching to see which guys might make the roster instead of engaging in this debate.

Walter will be doing the same thing he's been doing for the Texans this year.
Next year, we don't know yet.
It's too far off in the future to make any kind of prediction on an old veteran whose health may not hold up with all the wears and tears that go with the territory.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #282
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You can go back and check the stats of the number of passes he had the last 3 years.

It's a good guess that he also had good hands in 2008.

He caught more balls in that time period than McCaffrey whom some of you guys thought to be really great.

And the first half of the Titans game I just broke down shows that Walter did get open. (And this happened in every of the 9 games I watched with the All-22 view and the end zone view).

He could have had at least 5 catches at the half easily.
I just don't see that as a definitive evidence personally. I think you want to believe that Walter is able to get open and make all of these plays. Sometimes people see what they want to see.

I just wish this thread would die at this point. Walter is going to go into the season as the #2 guy. I think he'll slowly get phased out of the offense though. Either way, I'll root for him and every other Texan to play well. Especially the young WR's that keep showing praise.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #283
LikeMike
All Pro

Rep Power: 9210 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing with Walter is: he can be really good receiving wise in a couple of games and then disappear for the next couple of games. I dont know if that`s because our QB isn`t looking his way, or if it is a motivational issue on his part, or if he just can`t beat certain kind of DBs. Whatever it is, it`s frustrating, and that`s why so many people want to replace him.

But he is very valueable beyond his catching ability. His blocking, his experience, his leadership and not to forget he is a WR that is never complaining. The ultimate team player. But I don`t think Kubiack would be mad, to put Walter at WR3 with a real receiving threat at WR2. But so far none of our young guys have proven, that they are mature enough and can do all the little things besides receiving. If Martin or Jean can develope into that player, I think everyone will be happy.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #284
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone see Walter block Kyle Wilson into the endzone on Foster's TD run?
Old 10-09-2012   #285
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Walter catching a bunch of first downs too.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #286
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

TBH, Walter is looking a lot better in general this year than I expected. Thought he was getting a little old, but I guess last year was just not his best year for some other reason.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #287
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin has played well so far this year in his role. When Jean comes back its gonna help out big time I think. We need another threat to help out the crew.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #288
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
TBH, Walter is looking a lot better in general this year than I expected. Thought he was getting a little old, but I guess last year was just not his best year for some other reason.
Schaub has been looking a lot better this year. Stretching the field & finding open receivers every where. He's got AJ, OD, & KDub and he's using them all on any part of the field.
Old 10-09-2012   #289
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Schaub has been looking a lot better this year. Stretching the field & finding open receivers every where. He's got AJ, OD, & KDub and he's using them all on any part of the field.
Schaub is focused and hungry this year. Someone said this last week and I think they made a good point. Having to watch TJ finish the season and play in the playoffs was murder on him. He wants his turn.
Old 10-09-2012   #290
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Some folks are now saying certain things about AJ.
Worry too much.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #291
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kevin has played pretty damn well this year. The guy is consistent with great hands. None of the "kids" have stepped up yet, so Kevin, Andre and Daniels are still carrying the load for the most part.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #292
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or does Walter seem to have gotten MUCH better at bursting off the line and getting separation? He'll never be a speed demon, but he's been a legit deep option for us this season. Good news.
Old 10-21-2012   #293
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

That's my receiver.
Old 10-21-2012   #294
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Great job Walters, er, Walter.

Seriously though, great job.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #295
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Is it just me or does Walter seem to have gotten MUCH better at bursting off the line and getting separation? He'll never be a speed demon, but he's been a legit deep option for us this season. Good news.
The CB was biting on all of Walter's double moves. I've never seen Walter do that...

It must have been film study because Jimmy Smith has been known to bite on the double moves, and give up a bomb. Good job on Walter's part for studying his opponent beforehand.
Old 10-21-2012   #296
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm surprised we haven't been using Foster in the passing game more
Old 10-21-2012   #297
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I think Kevin has played pretty damn well this year. The guy is consistent with great hands. None of the "kids" have stepped up yet, so Kevin, Andre and Daniels are still carrying the load for the most part.
Shoulda had two TD's .... Schaub missed him on one and had another one way off target that Walter bailed him out on after getting .... all alone wide open.

How bout that INT saving tip / catch by Graham ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #298
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Shoulda had two TD's .... Schaub missed him on one and had another one way off target that Walter bailed him out on after getting .... all alone wide open.

How bout that INT saving tip / catch by Graham ....
That was a thing of beauty. Made up for all the dumb penalties he commited.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #299
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i can never hate on Kevin for one hes to pretty and 2 he made the catch that got us into the playoffs for the first time ever
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #300
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
He worked the double move beautifully today. This is what we need to see from KDub on a more consistent basis. I can't remember when he had a better game.

I don't expect him to play like this every game, but it would be nice to see this more times than not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read