Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2012   #121
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I LOL'd at this exchange about circumstances in which the Texans have never won:

And the response:

That is badass...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #122
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

How bad is it? We couldn't even get the Jets subreddit to make a sidebar image bet with us spotting them 10 points Even the Besf's were willing last week with a 13 point advantage.

Sadface that their won't be Watt wearing a cowboy hat on their sidebar come Tuesday.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #123
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I LOL'd at this exchange about circumstances in which the Texans have never won:

And the response:

Jets fans in this thread ( http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74679"]http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74679[/url] ) are merciless with the owner and his pushing of Tebow. The beginning post IS only the beginning:

Quote:
Chris Mortenson reported on ESPN radio that he's heard from multiple sources that Woody is pushing the coaching staff to start Tebow.

If this is true, then we are so ****ed even beyond this season. This peckerhead owner needs to STFU and leave the football operations to the experts and focus on selling baby poweder and band-aids.

This guy is a complete clown and will ruin this team if he keeps this **** up. He will end up looking worse than the Wilpons.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #124
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Doc I read those as well. Then here Tannybomb as they like to call the GM denies it. Kinda. Man, what a cluster they've got going on over there. Certainly not the model of stability, I would think. Looks more like the crash-n-burn photo you posted in the Look Alike thread.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #125
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
No Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes doesn't hurt the Texans chances to win this game. But I'm not feeling overly confident just because I don't want to overlook the Jets.
cosign..im confindent we'll win..but not a blowout. 7-10pt margin
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnbni99a View Post
cosign..im confindent we'll win..but not a blowout. 7-10pt margin
If Sanchez is going to look better than he has against other teams this year, he's going to have to do it against our front 7 & our secondary. I'm not seeing that. Can they run the ball like Tennessee did last week? Probably, but the result should be pretty similar..... 38-14

I don't think NYJets' defense is going to be as affective against Foster & Tate like Tennessee was last week. Offensively, I think we'll have our way & they just don't have the offense to keep up.

I don't believe that's being over confident, that's beeing realistic, knowing what we know about our offense & our defense. Deducing what can be discerned about NYJets' offense & defense. As well as beleiving our team has a goal & the resolve to go deep in the play-offs.
Old 10-07-2012   #127
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Alright, here's a reason for Jets fans to cheer!

seriously This team could be focused

Quote:
NY Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine makes sure ‘quit’ quotes stick with his Jets

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine posted 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers’ quotes about the Jets quitting last Sunday on the projector screen in his players’ meeting room Wednesday morning. He allowed the players to read the words in silence. “There’s nothing worse,” Pettine said.

Pettine maintained that he did not agree that the defense gave up in the 34-0 loss, but he allowed that the players were worn out physically and emotionally during the drubbing. “It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn’t want to be out there,” Rogers said during a SiriusXM Radio interview. “And after that it’s like, man, these guys don’t really want to play the game. You know, it’s pretty much over.” The Jets gave up 245 rushing yards and missed 17 tackles.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz28dr7pBWb
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #128
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I think the only way we lose is if we come out flat. We have a tendency to to come out flat at least for some part of the game (usually in the second qtr). We need to learn to play 4 quarters because Baltimore isn't going to give us a break and this is a good time to get on track for playing 4 quarters every game.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
At this point I think the only way we lose is if we come out flat. We have a tendency to to come out flat at least for some part of the game (usually in the second qtr). We need to learn to play 4 quarters because Baltimore isn't going to give us a break and this is a good time to get on track for playing 4 quarters every game.
Baltimore came out flat in their 9-6 win over the hapless Chiefs (1-4).
Old 10-08-2012   #130
b.reyes16
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I liked this one. He is very optimistic
I like my comments being put to good use on other boards. LOL.
b.reyes16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #131
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
Quoting myself. This is exactly what I was talking about. The Jets, for all their warts and shortcomings where talent is concerned could very well have beaten us. They held nothing back, tried everything but throwing the kitchen sink at us, and often got in their own way as much as ours but they wanted that game probably a little more than we did. They just didn't have the horses to take it. Green Bay next week is a better team but they won't be as intense as the Jets just were. Not even close.
Old 10-09-2012   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Quoting myself. This is exactly what I was talking about. The Jets, for all their warts and shortcomings where talent is concerned could very well have beaten us. They held nothing back, tried everything but throwing the kitchen sink at us, and often got in their own way as much as ours but they wanted that game probably a little more than we did. They just didn't have the horses to take it. Green Bay next week is a better team but they won't be as intense as the Jets just were. Not even close.
I didn't think we were going to blow the jets out, but I am always hopeful.

That said, remember when we were a bad team?

Remember how we "competed" with the big boys but always came up short?

So yeah I agree. The jets just weren't good enough and IMO they played a good game....just nit good enough
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read