Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #201
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

610 is now reporting that it IS in fact a torn ACL

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #202
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'll wait for the MRI but I'm still expecting the same news. Wouldn't be a Texans season without an injury to one of our stars.
Old 10-09-2012   #203
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

My biggest sadness is even IF we still have measured success this year, not having our heart and soul Cushing on the field yelling and getting everyone hyped up really pisses me off. Dude LOVES what he does, and loves pumping his boys up while playing. It's gonna eat him alive not being able to be out there if we indeed go deep or all the way to the Super Bowl.

That leadership will be missed. Just not the same if it's only on the sidelines or only in the locker room.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #204
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'll wait for the MRI but I'm still expecting the same news. Wouldn't be a Texans season without an injury to one of our stars.
Same but I'm hopeful it's not as serious as an ACL season-ending injury. We'll find out tomorrow he'll be out 2 or 3 weeks (past the bye week maybe). Cushing is too much of a warrior to go down for the year. Maybe not the same as a broken leg, and this happened years ago, but remember when T.O. was supposed to be down for the year but came back to play in the Super Bowl for the Eagles like two months later? Cushing will be back. I have that strong faith.
Old 10-09-2012   #205
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing is a warrior he might miss a few weeks or even a few months but he will be back !!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #206
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Cushing is a warrior he might miss a few weeks or even a few months but he will be back !!!!!!!!
Try the entire season......

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #207
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
the results are in already ?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #208
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Same but I'm hopeful it's not as serious as an ACL season-ending injury. We'll find out tomorrow he'll be out 2 or 3 weeks (past the bye week maybe). Cushing is too much of a warrior to go down for the year. Maybe not the same as a broken leg, and this happened years ago, but remember when T.O. was supposed to be down for the year but came back to play in the Super Bowl for the Eagles like two months later? Cushing will be back. I have that strong faith.
Didn't T.O. have a ankle injury?

When your knee is ****ed, your knee is ****ed.. I don't care how tough you are (trying to gut it out will only do further damage). There's a difference between being hurt and being injured..by all early accounts, right now Cushing is severely injured. He actually showed his toughness and the warrior inside him by trying to get off the turf and then walking off on his own power to the locker room (He didn't need a damn cart). Sadly though I think that's the last we're going to see this season. Still a tough SOB though.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #209
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. I'd have preferred to lose to the jets than lose Cush.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #210
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

I was enjoying the game until that point.... win aside, that injury left a bad taste..I just pray its not season ending
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #211
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Says who? John McClain? Is he a doctor? I mean let's wait for the MRI tomorrow. I'm going to hold on to hope until the last possible second.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...me-with-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J.—Texans star inside linebacker Brian Cushing left Monday night’s 23-17 win over the Jets with a left knee injury that may be severe. After the game, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tweeted that Cushing appeared to be done for the season with a torn ACL, but that's speculation until doctors review an MRI.

Cushing went down in the second quarter. He limped off the field and into the locker room under his own power.

"We're very concerned, obviously, but I don't want to jump the gun here,'' Kubiak said. "They told me upstairs that he got cut on the play and his foot might have gotten stuck in the turf and bent.''

Asked how significant losing Cushing would be, Kubiak said, "I can't even go there. I'd talk myself in a hole if I do that. We'll wait until tomorrow.''

The 25-year-old Cushing is already a two-time All-Pro.
Old 10-09-2012   #212
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Says who? John McClain? Is he a doctor? I mean let's wait for the MRI tomorrow. I'm going to hold on to hope until the last possible second.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...me-with-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J.—Texans star inside linebacker Brian Cushing left Monday night’s 23-17 win over the Jets with a left knee injury that may be severe. After the game, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tweeted that Cushing appeared to be done for the season with a torn ACL, but that's speculation until doctors review an MRI.

Cushing went down in the second quarter. He limped off the field and into the locker room under his own power.

"We're very concerned, obviously, but I don't want to jump the gun here,'' Kubiak said. "They told me upstairs that he got cut on the play and his foot might have gotten stuck in the turf and bent.''

Asked how significant losing Cushing would be, Kubiak said, "I can't even go there. I'd talk myself in a hole if I do that. We'll wait until tomorrow.''

The 25-year-old Cushing is already a two-time All-Pro.
Kubiak's middle name is "I don't want to jump the gun". Players with reported hang nails end up going on I.R. under his watch. I think we can all see where this is headed, but yeah pray for the best... however still prepare for the worst (it's coming).
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #213
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

just got back home.. all ive been hearing is speculation of torn acl.. please please let cushing be okay...
Old 10-09-2012   #214
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

jesus.. the irony.... just went to cush's twitter and this is the 3rd thing from the top- he retweeted this last tuesday

Quote:
@briancushing56 , hey man, can i get a retweet for my son kobey NOT having to have ACL surgery, just rehab and answered prayers
Retweeted by Brian Cushing
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #215
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
jesus.. the irony.... just went to cush's twitter and this is the 3rd thing from the top- he retweeted this last tuesday
Maybe Cushing won't either. We can hope.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #216
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?
If you've followed this team for a long time, you know it's not likely they'll look towards the outside to fill a need for starters. Dobbins will move up and whoever comes in will be relegated to special teams for a while.

As far as the D not looking great, it wasn't going to look awesome for all 16 games. The encouraging thing is that they seem to be more opportunistic than last year, albeit at the cost of giving up more yards.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #217
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?
Our D looked pathetic? Let me check:

points allowed: 10 - thatīs pretty good
total yards allowed: 286 - that`s pretty decent
stoping 3d downs 72% of the time - that`s awesome
allowed 69 yards rushing - pretty good
217 yards passing and 1 TD - Iīll take that
14/32 completion percentage allowed - great
3 sacks - not bad
red zone: 2 trips no TDs - great
2 interceptions: great

Iīll take this pathetic defense every day if you ask me. Jojo looked bad and we allowed some throws - but in the NFL there are no easy games. Those guys are pros and they will make a play every now and then. If at all our own passing game was a little worrisome, not the defense. They always made the stop when they needed to.

As for Cushing... why? Why do we suffer those injuries to our best players every damn season. It is not Brady James, Shaun Cody or even Connor Barwin that gets injured, its our best defensive player (yeah, I still give that to Cushing over Watt and Jojo). Really hope its not season ending - if we could just get him back in time for the playoffs...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #218
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this sucks. I hope he makes a full speedy recovery. Good win but a terrible loss too. Next man up 2.0
Old 10-09-2012   #219
Brewski
Rookie

Rep Power: 383 Brewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respected

ACL out for the season according to 610
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #220
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
ACL out for the season according to 610
Lalalalalalalalalaalalalalaalalalalalalalalal..... This isnt happening!!!
Tailgate is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read