Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #181
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

I like Dobbins enough to think we can still keep on going. The loss of Cushing will definitely be huge, but every team has to deal with injuries. I just hope our offense will come up with a better showing in the next few weeks so that we don't need the defense to hold the opponents under 20 points every Sunday.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #182
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

It really sucks, but I guess we'll have to accept it.

Eff Slauson by the way. That SOB.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #183
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have just accepted that this is the nature of the game. You are going to lose a key/star player at some point during the season, and often it's going to be for the entire season. That is why depth and coaching is so vital in the NFL.

Most all teams are going to go through this. The Giants lost some key players on their road to the Super Bowl last season. Other teams have already lost some key players this season.

Honestly, I am not sweating losing Cush for the season. This team has too much other talent and great defensive coaching to allow Cush's absence to sink them.
Yep this is true. Everyone loses a key player or two.

I do feel like there are players that teams just can't lose. (outside of QB of course)

Ravens lose Ray Rice or Ngata they are no longer contenders.
Packers lose Matthews
9ers losing Willis

I feel like Cushing while a great player...he's not Watt or Foster. I think if we were to lose those guys we'd be done for as far as superbowl contention goes.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #184
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

We were already thin at that position, and Sharpton is only worth three games before he's injured again. Everyone who wanted to see more of Braman will get to see why we haven't before--He's not ready. It'll probably be a rotation of Dobbins and Alexander and whoever we sign for one year. So be prepared for teams to start running on us a lot.

And seriously, **** the Jets.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #185
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Don't fool yourselves on this one. The only thing that would make Cushing cry and say "Why me?" is the discovery that his season is over. It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

We were already thin at that position, and Sharpton is only worth three games before he's injured again. Everyone who wanted to see more of Braman will get to see why we haven't before--He's not ready. It'll probably be a rotation of Dobbins and Alexander and whoever we sign for one year. So be prepared for teams to start running on us a lot.

If there's anything Dobbins can do, it's stop the run.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #186
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Man...

All I have been saying as the Texans have started piling up the wins, was one thing...

Stay healthy. Big loss if true. It just sucks and I feel for you all. Try and be like the Packers two years ago, who took a ton of blows injuries-wise but pulled off a championship. Hopefully you have their depth.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #187
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

And do you mean to tell me that we still haven't learned not to prejudge players by what they do in their rookie seasons?

You'd think Duane Brown and Kareem Jackson would be pretty good examples, but I guess not.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #188
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #189
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

Im more worried about our dime package where Cush is the only ILB on the field.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #190
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
I have a lot of respect for Dobbins in that regard. We'll see how consistent he is.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #191
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
But having a guy like Dobbins behind him is a luxury not many teams have. Dude just makes plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I like Dobbins enough to think we can still keep on going. The loss of Cushing will definitely be huge, but every team has to deal with injuries.

While I dont think anyone replaces Cushing in the middle .... Dobbins is a better option than most teams starters IMO. He wont be spectacular but he'll be solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I would have rather lost by 50 than have this mother****ing **** happen.
Look at the bright side .... Cushing doesnt go into a contract year putting up monster numbers making it easier for the team to retain his services long term.

..... Next man up.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #192
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Yeah, i'm more worried about our pass defense at the position. We literally have no LBs who can cover effectively on Nickle and Dime situations now. James is a liability in this area and he's the best we have now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade call his old buddy Matt Wilhelm.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #193
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I encourage everyone who has Twitter to tweet @nfl and @nflcommish, and bust balls about reviewing that mother****er Slauson and fining/penalizing him severely.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #194
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's crazy to think of, but with Braman's athleticism I wonder if we may see him transition inside a little more now.
Old 10-09-2012   #195
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I encourage everyone who has Twitter to tweet @nfl and @nflcommish, and bust balls about reviewing that mother****er Slauson and fining/penalizing him severely.
That was as cheap and as dirty as it gets in this league. He should expect and heavy fine.
Old 10-09-2012   #196
JustinK4404
Rookie

Just feel awful for Cush, I know J Joe, (even with a bad game tonight), Watt, may be more valuable. I just feel like Cush makes everything go. If anyone can come back earlier than expected it's him. Seeing his reaction and what I've read, he's done, but lets hope for the best w/ the MRI tomorrow
JustinK4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #197
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #198
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Huge loss. Hope he makes a full recovery and I am bummed for him. As for replacements I know Braman is an olb but his size, speed and agility are intriguing if they consider moving him inside. Dobbins has been pretty sharp but does come downhill like cush. Out of the list of available ej Henderson is interesting.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #199
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Cushing have knee surgery this offseason too?
Old 10-09-2012   #200
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

SR610: According to SR610's John McClain, Texans ILB Brian Cushing suffered a torn ACL Monday night and is done for the season. http://cbsloc.al/UBNhUm

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read