Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Concerned....

Our passing game really concerns me, AJ was invisible and Cromartie is not that good. Martin has not shown up, thank god we had foster tonight. I hope jean comes back for the GB game, besides AJ (sometimes) the only other guy i feel confident in, in his limited time is Jean.

Maybe it was just a sloppy game, we did get the win but i'm not left feeling very confident after this game.

On the bright side we are 5-0
Old 10-08-2012   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Concerned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Our passing game really concerns me, AJ was invisible and Cromartie is not that good. Martin has not shown up, thank god we had foster tonight. I hope jean comes back for the GB game, besides AJ (sometimes) the only other guy i feel confident in, in his limited time is Jean.

Maybe it was just a sloppy game, we did get the win but i'm not left feeling very confident after this game.

I was surprised by the Jets secondary without Revis. They played a heck of a game. Schaub played with a clean pocket most of the time but just couldn't find an open receiver. I am concerned with our young guys, Posey and Martin, they need to separate themselves.
Old 10-08-2012   #3
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll have games like this. The key is to win them.

I'll take it. Lets start worrying when they lose their first one.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:

Their secondary even without Revis is not a bad unit. Cromartie will give up a big play occasionally but he's a tough corner to line up against on every down.

Just a typical, ugly win if you ask me. Par for the course.
Old 10-08-2012   #5
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

KW was getting it done and so was OD. We have seen games like this is the past, but what is concerning me is that AJ and Schaub are on total different pages.
Old 10-08-2012   #6
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Cromartie is actually really good when his mind is on it. Unfortunately, that's usually not the case. But with the entire football world watching the Jets to see how they would respond after the beating they received last week, Cromartie came to play tonight.

But in regards to our aerial attack, there's good and bad news. There were a couple throws Schaub missed or shouldn't have made that would have extended drives. But we do also need to start looking for a proper heir to Andre. He's definitely not the same. And we can't bet the house on Jean becoming that player, definitely a must in next year's draft.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean i cant believe the big drop off in production from AJ, think back to 2010 when he had the ankle injury until now. He was still a dominant game changing WR, now it seems he can never get open. Maybe his skills have diminished this much from last years groin injuries ??? Either way it makes me sad to see this older less dominant version of AJ
Old 10-08-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ dropped a couple, and had a lot thrown away over his head. No big deal, we didn't need him this week because they were playing zone against our passes mostly. Foster got a ton of yards on the ground thanks to the extra attention against the pass. It all evens out if you have a balanced attack. AJ will get 10k yards against the Packers poor passing defense on Sunday night on national TV!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this just proved the whole case about "Desperate teams" and even Gruden who knows more football than all of us said right before the game that he always hated playing a team that was embarrassed the week before.

Add up that the Jets were at home and it was a primetime game and that usually spells out upset.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

My concern is Jonathan Joseph. He absolutely SUCKED tonight. I didn't think he played well in the last game either.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

Outside of the game vs. PIT, the Jets have been rather solid vs. the pass. I wouldn't get too worried. They can blanket the best of 'em. All that was open tonight was TE stuff.
Old 10-08-2012   #12
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
My concern is Jonathan Joseph. He absolutely SUCKED tonight. I didn't think he played well in the last game either.
I think his injury in really bothering him. Just not himself right now.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

My only real concern right now has been the same one I have had for a few years. That's Kubiak. I don't want to say too much since we are 5-0 but again my doubts resurfaced tonight with those conservative calls at the end. I just don't like the playing not to lose play calls.

I am convinced that Wade is the one that has changed the culture of this team.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say right now.

Hopefully the guy proves me wrong and takes this team all the way to the finish line.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #14
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He has a sore groin.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112269 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
My only real concern right now has been the same one I have had for a few years. That's Kubiak. I don't want to say too much since we are 5-0 but again my doubts resurfaced tonight with those conservative calls at the end. I just don't like the playing not to lose play calls.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say.
Totally agreed.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean i cant believe the big drop off in production from AJ, think back to 2010 when he had the ankle injury until now. He was still a dominant game changing WR, now it seems he can never get open. Maybe his skills have diminished this much from last years groin injuries ??? Either way it makes me sad to see this older less dominant version of AJ
It's pretty much a given that AJ isn't what he used to be. But it would be unrealistic, considering what all has happened to him injury-wise, to expect any different.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #17
Rudyball
Rookie

Why does Kubiak, seemingly, run the ball after every incomplete first down pass? Drives me crazy. 2nd tight game where we can't run out the clock with the ball in our hands.

We're hurting - injuries are piling up on us so I count that into our poorer play.

Win is a win tho,
Rudyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #18
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Anyway, that's all I am going to say right now.

Hopefully the guy proves me wrong and takes this team all the way to the finish line.
kubiak aint **** without wade phillips
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyball View Post
Why does Kubiak, seemingly, run the ball after every incomplete first down pass? Drives me crazy. 2nd tight game where we can't run out the clock with the ball in our hands.

We're hurting - injuries are piling up on us so I count that into our poorer play.

Win is a win tho,
Kubiak's creative playcalling goes completely out the window once the fourth quarter starts and our team has the lead.

Difference is now though that our defense can shutdown teams when needed.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #20
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't have WRs who can beat good corners. Most of the time, we get them open through our play designs. The Texan offense is about as well-structured as any in football. For the most part, those designs mask our limitations at WR. But if we get into a must-pass situation (where our play-action becomes irrelevant), I'm worried that we'll be exposed.

The biggest ongoing shortcoming of the Smithiak regime is the failure to develop any WRs outside of AJ and Walter. No other WR in the past seven years has come remotely closing to "getting it" in our system. It appears that age is catching up to AJ and Walter is who he is. We need our next generation to step up.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read