Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #61
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand the over reaction to the Cushing photo...guys are walking past him into the locker room and showing love/respect...

What are guys supposed to do? Ignore him. Act like he's invisible?

As far as kubiak saying he's very concerned, his star middle lb left the game with a knee injury. If he's not very concerned he's a dumb ass.

I think I'll wait until I hear something definitive until I panic.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #62
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 28439 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Not likely to happen.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #64
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Not sure it's an accurate comparison. DeMeco wasn't QBing this defense, THIS iteration of our defense.

Losing Cushing for the year will be a SIGNIFICANT blow to this team. Book it.
But it's not a death knell. Yes, it sucks. Big time. But good teams learn to overcome. Next man up.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #65
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 28439 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not likely to happen.
with the way the draft works now, we can easily trade up.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #66
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The Jets OL was down on the play, got back up, and aimed at the back of Cushing's knee. At this point, I'm convinced it was deliberate. I rewound it on DVR several times and watched it.
Old 10-08-2012   #67
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont understand the over reaction to the Cushing photo...guys are walking past him into the locker room and showing love/respect...

As far as kubiak saying he's very concerned, his star middle lb left the game with a knee injury. If he's not very concerned he's a dumb ass.

He's done this year. I appreciate the optimism but Kubiak is pretty easy to read... I've torn my ACL. You know when it happens and everything about Cushing's reaction indicated he knew it had happened.
Old 10-08-2012   #68
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

crutches are usually a pretty bad sign

anyone that knows the texans MO regarding serious injuries recognise that this one has all the signs of a serious, season ending injury. enjoy your sleep tonite!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #69
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like if he tore his ACL he would have been carted off.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #70
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
But it's not a death knell. Yes, it sucks. Big time. But good teams learn to overcome. Next man up.
Meh. Last sentence of your post is typical cliched sports tripe. It's garbage. You can be a good team all you want. The Texans were a good, nay, great team last year too but couldn't overcome all the injuries. You can play utopian fantasy "they should win if they're really good!" stuff all you want. Losing Brian Cushing for anything near the rest of the season is disastrous.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #71
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if Cushing is indeed down for the season, does our defense go down with him?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #72
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
I walked on my own for a month with no ACL. Actually, an MCL tear often causes more trauma to the knee. A complete ACL tear feels funny and unstable but doesn't always have a ton of swelling and does not usually inhibit the ability to walk.
Old 10-08-2012   #73
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can walk on a torn ACL.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #74
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
We should ask Philly if we can have Demeco back. Is Sharpton available soon?
Should have never let 'Meco go. Said it then and saying it now.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #75
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meh. Last sentence of your post is typical cliched sports tripe. It's garbage. You can be a good team all you want. The Texans were a good, nay, great team last year too but couldn't overcome all the injuries. You can play utopian fantasy "they should win if they're really good!" stuff all you want. Losing Brian Cushing for anything near the rest of the season is disastrous.
Well good thing we have you to write off the rest of the season. I guess I'll watch something else on Sunday's now.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #76
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lots of guy walk off with ACL tears. Walking doesn't mean much.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #77
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It is a big deal. However, it is something that can be overcome. Because our lack of depth at the position, we need to be surprised by someone like Mister Alexander, get Sharpton back at 100%, or make a move to acquire a LB that is an asset in nickel and dime defense... It stinks but we did not lose our QB. Team will need to adjust. Those of you that hate the conservative offensive playcalling, may get your wish. The Texans may transition to a game plan involving greater expectations for the offense.
Old 10-08-2012   #78
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
You can walk on a torn ACL.
and if your Phillip rivers, you can play an AFC Championship game on a Torn ACL...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #79
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Is throwing Mercilus in there and getting him some reps out of the question at this point? I can't see how he would be worse than Mister Alexander who will be starting once Dobbins goes down. He looks like Rudy in there playing Cushing's position. He's so tiny looking.
Old 10-08-2012   #80
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

sigh...its all my fault...I got a Cushing jersey this year as a gift...sorry.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read