Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

He's got to go. I've never seen a more undisciplined unit on returns and our coverage has now given up two return TDs this season. When multiple players get multiple blocks in the back called per game, that boils down to the coaching. Has to be the most overrated coach we have and I have no idea why he's still employed. You'd think coaching someone to not block in the back would be a day one drill in training camp. Not to mention Holliday is not really helping his case.

Anyway I'm happy with the win, but it's definitely my top complaint from today.
Old 10-09-2012   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He's got to go. I've never seen a more undisciplined unit on returns and our coverage has now given up two return TDs this season. When multiple players get multiple blocks in the back called per game, that boils down to the coaching. Has to be the most overrated coach we have and I have no idea why he's still employed. You'd think coaching someone to not block in the back would be a day one drill in training camp. Not to mention Holliday is not really helping his case.

I agree with you. Holliday has no other job than to return kicks and he hasn't done anything yet. I'm giving them to the bye week. We probably have the worst special teams unit in the NFL
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I concur. Special teams has been atrocious.
Old 10-09-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, special teams have been in a steady decline for a few years now. At one time the Texans had a very good special teams unit under Marciano but it's been a long time since I've watched a kickoff or return without being scared.
Old 10-09-2012   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been awful. Utterly awful. Hate to see the need to fire anyone when the team is 5-0, but it's best to nip this in the bud.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I agree with you. Holliday has no other job than to return kicks and he hasn't done anything yet. I'm giving them to the bye week. We probably have the worst special teams unit in the NFL
Nah, Detroit's is worse. The Thanksgiving game is going to be fun.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Marciano is the last original Texan we have left, and I've been trying to hold on to that, but, the truth is: he's got to go. Sorry, coach Joe. it's been a great run, we appreciate your work, but we have to move into another direction.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The answer to the title of this thread is NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Ever since they changed the wedge rules the PR/KR teams have stunk.

And this doesn't even speak to the stench that are the coverage teams.

Why are Holiday/Keo on the team. They contribute net to nothing.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

I was gonna make it the "All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano" thread but i screwed the pooch.
Old 10-09-2012   #10
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We blocked in the back on like 10 returns per game last year.......
Old 10-09-2012   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Marciano is the last original Texan we have left, and I've been trying to hold on to that, but, the truth is: he's got to go. Sorry, coach Joe. it's been a great run, we appreciate your work, but we have to move into another direction.
Is there a Wade Phillips of ST's out there?
Old 10-09-2012   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
We blocked in the back on like 10 returns per game last year.......

I was aware of it, too. I guess tonight was the final straw.
Old 10-09-2012   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our coverage unit is awful.
Our return unit is awful.
Our kickoffs are rarely touchbacks.

The only strength of our game is FGs and punting
Old 10-09-2012   #14
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget he drafted that kicker who's shown nothing this year.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's got to go.
I said the same thing earlier tonight. Special teams have been the weak link for a while. Sorry, Joe.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

man i was about to start the *****Offical FIRE Joe Marciano thread *****

Our ST have not only been bad this year but for at least 4 years HE HAS GOT TO GO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #17
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

In all fairness, Keo did recover the onside kick the Jets tried. So he finally did make a contribution this season.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #18
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I concur. Special teams has been atrocious.
Agreed. I'm not too pleased at all with our poor Special Teams play all year long. But 5-0 is still 5-0. The offense is going to have to step it up though. Hopefully Ben Tate returns against the Packers and we hang up a 30 or 40-burger during the next two games against the Packers and Ravens. Let's get to 7-0 going into the bye week. Check that, let's get to 8-0 by winning our next three games, which are all at Reliant Stadium against the Packers, Ravens and Bills. Some home town cooking in front of a sold-out, energetic and loud Reliant crowd will carry this team to an 8-0 record halfway to the season. Booyah!
Old 10-09-2012   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

not only has the coaching been bad put the personal has been bad has well.. whis is dissapointing
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #20
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

this wasnt a problem last year.. trindon has to go. he doesnt bring anything. hes much better taking a knee and gettin the 20 instead bringing it out to the 9..

Last edited by Premier; 10-09-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read