Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I read a good amount of football articles, scouting sites, mock draft stuff, and I have never seen anyone with a top 10 QB list rate Sanchez above Schaub. It's nearly universally accepted now that Sanchez might be replaced this year due to his poor play, and nobody is really confident in Tebow enough to say he deserves the starting job. Long term, I expect the Jets to be drafting a first round QB within the next two years and probably after cleaning house. Sanchez is clearly a below average QB in the NFL and has a 72 career QB rating to show for it.

To say that the QB position between these two teams is a push is ludicrous. You might possibly be the only person on the internet (outside of NYC and Gainsville) who seems to think they are evenly matched. We're talking about a 35 point QB rating difference between the starters alone, and you think that's a push. Thanks for the laughs.

Dutch..... His opinion is the equivalent to Tebow throwing the ball. Terrible! I respect his hustle, but his talent evaluation stinks. I can't sugar coat it any more than that. His reasoning that the Jets Qbs have won playoff games means that they're on the same level may be the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen from anyone. So because Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls does that mean that they're better than Dan Marino? His logic sucks..... There really isn't any way around saying that.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, I just realized how really scarey Tebow can be. Preseason, he had a 26.5 QB rating. During the regular season, he has earned a rating that shadows even Schaub.......an amazing 104.2! I didn't realize the kind of force we may be up against if Ryan puts him in. http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/4...gs?season=2012
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #43
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

WHy must you make me post this every weeK? WHY??
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Watt deserves a unique Bobble Head, equipped with a Bobble Finger.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

wait we still have Beck on the roster ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #46
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't blame all of the Jets' offensive problems on Sanchez. As the QB he is going to get blamed. They have no run game, no o line and are now devoid of wide outs.

With that said, never in Sanchez's career has he been an accurate QB. His upside is limited at this point. It's still amazing to see the media slobber all over him though like he's the second coming of Namath.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #47
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
You can't blame all of the Jets' offensive problems on Sanchez. As the QB he is going to get blamed. They have no run game, no o line and are now devoid of wide outs.

With that said, never in Sanchez's career has he been an accurate QB. His upside is limited at this point. It's still amazing to see the media slobber all over him though like he's the second coming of Namath.
He's a pretty boy .... the media likes to capitalize on that just as much as the league does his football ability.

I went to Kroger earlier today ... and see a lifesize cardboard cut out of the guy .... in Houston ?! WTF.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #48
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He's a pretty boy .... the media likes to capitalize on that just as much as the league does his football ability.

I went to Kroger earlier today ... and see a lifesize cardboard cut out of the guy .... in Houston ?! WTF.
Your problem is a simple one, you went to Kroger, it's the largest national supermarket chain in the US. A true Texan would shop @ a Texas food chain like HEB, then you wouldn't encounter such rubbish.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Your problem is a simple one, you went to Kroger, it's the largest national supermarket chain in the US. A true Texan would shop @ a Texas food chain like HEB, then you wouldn't encounter such rubbish.
No HEB close .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #50
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Dang....
Whut 'hood you live in, dawg?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #51
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just because I disagree with some of the assessments doesn't mean I won't check them out. If I did that - let differences in opinion affect me - I'd have to stop coming in here.
Lol, you mean people are allowed to have differences of opinion?

gasp
Old 10-07-2012   #52
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post

Iirc, Namath was actually a rather poor QB who was really never the reason the Jets won games. He was more of the game manager type, so describing Sanchez as the second coming of Namath isn't all that far off, except he hasn't won a Super Bowl.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #53
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
HEB? **** that. I'm rockin' Food Town.
Old 10-08-2012   #54
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Iirc, Namath was actually a rather poor QB who was really never the reason the Jets won games. He was more of the game manager type, so describing Sanchez as the second coming of Namath isn't all that far off, except he hasn't won a Super Bowl.
I never understood how Namath got into the Hall. I understand it was a different time yada yada but is there another HoF QB who threw more INT's than TD's much less 50 more INT's? (Bradshaw was +2 - only chance I came up with)
Old 10-08-2012   #55
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I never understood how Namath got into the Hall. I understand it was a different time yada yada but is there another HoF QB who threw more INT's than TD's much less 50 more INT's? (Bradshaw was +2 - only chance I came up with)
Because, it happened in NY a largest market place and got all the media attention needed for Namath to get into HOF. A big apple you know. Shhh (His got a piece of apple for sure)
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there.
No kidding..

Rex Ryan would cut off his wife's feet if he could have Matt Schaub over Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Anybody who thinks that position is a push has no credibility regardless of how much football they may or may not have played.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #57
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Wait until we play Buffalo and he calls J.J. Watt & Mario Williams a push
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #58
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Wait until we play Buffalo and he calls J.J. Watt & Mario Williams a push
Which would be much more understandable... A least Mario is a starting calibre DE. Sure he isn't worth the big money he s getting and he has injury and motivation problems, but he is a guy that would probably start on just about every NfL team.

Sanchez and Tebow so far are not really starting calibre players - lets say borderline starters, but that's being nice. Schaub is like 2 levels above them.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #59
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I've known of Diggy for a while now, back on the old Texans' board - back when the highlight of his video was watching him try to turn on a microphone in the trailer to his predictions. Haha! Good times.

But remember ladies and germs, like all of us these are only opinions, except in Diggy's case he puts through the time, the effort, the research and the money to put a homegrown product out there. Why? Because he loves the game. Any other motives he has, like the number of clicks or what-have-you, is secondary to how he started off.

I'm just saying: give the guy a break a little, okay? I don't agree with everything he says; just like I don't agree with a lot of mindless homerism, either. Just take it for what it is. His vids should be fun...and they are.

Here's the thing, though. I respect someone putting in the time and effort to put these previews together, but when there is such a transparent effort to pander to both team's fans to drive clicks, the credibility of the source is diminished immensely.
I thought some of the reviews were decent last year, but this year, it is just so blatantly obvious that the writer is pandering to both crowds, and/or trying to hedge his bets about certain things so he can go back later and claim he predicted things correctly that I don't even click the links anymore.

So, his tactic of giving hand jobs to both fan bases has failed in my case.

Once upon a time, I clicked the links, but now I read a few comments on this board from members with opinions that I respect, and see that clicking the links would be a complete waste of my time.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #60
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Watt deserves a unique Bobble Head, equipped with a Bobble Finger.
That is actually a very good idea. I have never owned a bobble head, but I would pay a few bucks for one of those.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read